Sequel: We All Roll Along
Status: Completed!

We Only Breathe For So Long

Hello Sunshine! Well... Not Really

I woke up to the voice of the captain saying that we had reached our destination. I picked my hand luggage and exited the plane as fast as I could. As soon as I did, the white scenario and icy cold wind woke me up instantly. This is totally not Arizona. There was snow everywhere. So much, I’m not even sure that a cloud could produce so much snow. I grabbed a trolley and waited patiently for my other suitcases. After 20 minutes, I was able to leave the terminal and head to the departure area. It was a long corridor and there was an automatic door at the end. Once it opened, I could see many people waiting for the fellow passengers. Some had signs with what seemed to be important names written on it. I kept on reading the signs until my eyes fell upon one that had ‘Kylie Manson’ written on it with a little smiley face next to it. A blonde girl was holding it. She was beautiful. She was most likely 16. She had pale skin, as white as snow. Her eyes were icy blue and her hair was long and straight. For a minute, I envied that girl. She was completely gorgeous; she looked as if she just stepped out of a magazine. Beside her was a couple, Uncle Ronnie and Angela. He was tall, much taller than them. His blue eyes were in search of someone in the crowd of people exiting the doors until he met my eyes. He smiled, rushed forwards and grabbed the small suitcase I had in hand.

“Kylie, look at you. You’ve grown so much!” he said followed by a hug.

“Well, that’s what humans tend to do Ronnie,” I released a small laugh while hugging him back.

“Hi, I am Angela. Ronald never told us how beautiful you were,” she gently hugged me as if I were a piece of glass, “and this is Sophie.”

The beautiful blonde girl approached me and the minute she did, I confirmed to myself that she was 16.

She smiled, “pleased to meet you! I know we don’t know each other very well but I’ve been waiting you to arrive impatiently!” she giggled while giving me a bear hug.

I was totally taken aback by that. She wasn’t only perfect looking; she was also incredibly nice. A weight was taken off my chest once I realized she isn’t a bad person at all and that we would actually get along since she was wearing a Ronnie Radke t-shirt.

“I’m glad to arrive too! I love your shirt by the way, he is amazing,” I said while giving her a warm smile.

“You are so much cooler than I thought!” Sophie said with a gigantic smile stamped on her face.

“Girls, you will have plenty of time to get to know each other. But right now, we’ve got to get going. Traffic will be hectic if we don’t leave in 10 minutes,” Uncle Ronald said after checking his watch and taking control of the trolley.

We entered a black SUV with leather seats and mini TVs installed behind the front seats. Uncle Ronald was a lawyer. He worked his ass off but it all paid off. He was wealthy and if his car was like this, I could not wait to see his house! On our way, I noticed how lovely everything looked. The streets weren’t so populated; couples were walking hand in hand along the sidewalk and the snow kept everything peaceful. It took us about half an hour to arrive to my new home.

Whenever you’re going to a new place, you always try to picture how it looks like. When you eventually get there, you realize that what you imagined had absolutely nothing to do with what it actually looks like. This was one of those instances. I imagined a two, maybe three story house with a small garden and a home feeling to it. Not what looked like a mansion! The house has three floors. High tech security and white walls surrounded it. A huge ass gate opened to reveal a home that could be on the new episode of Teen Cribs. Everything was mainly white or grey. There was a beautiful garden in front of the house with high, perfectly trimmed bushes and white roses. I could not believe this. I would’ve never imagined I would settle in a place like this. Ever.

“Home sweet home,” Uncle Ronnie said after switching off the engine. We all stepped out of the car; Uncle Ronnie did the entire manly job by taking the suitcases from the car to the house. Once we entered the house, my jaw dropped to the floor. It was amazingly beautiful. The hall was circular like and there was a table with a jar of flowers in the middle. Two staircases were placed on each side and further down the hall I could see a part of the living room.

“C’mon Kylie, let me give you a tour of the house,” Sophie said as she took my hand and walked towards unknown parts of the house.

“There are 4 rooms, one downstairs and two upstairs. All of them are suites so you won’t have to worry about sharing bathrooms,” she laughed to herself, “there’s two living rooms. One to watch TV and all, and the other has the fireplace. The kitchen is on the right, and the laundry room is just after it. On the left of the TV room, there’s a library and dad’s office. Upstairs you’ll find my room on the first door and at the end of the corridor, my parent’s room. There’s also a visitor’s room just after my room. And…” I put my fingers on my lips as a gesture to indicate her to stop talking.

“Quit playing… This is absolutely amazing! Am I really here or are you a part of my imagination too?” I said in disbelief while looking around to try and absorb all of this sudden change.

She threw her head back and laughed, “No, it most certainly isn’t!” she went downstairs to a room in front of the library, next to the living room and I followed her.

“And this is your room,” she opened the door and switched on the lights. The darkness that was in the room vanished, only to reveal the massive bed that was found in the middle of the room, being supported by windows that covered the entire back wall. The room was big. The walls were painted in a lilac color. Most of the furniture was white, lilac or purple. There was an office desk on the left-hand side with a Mac computer lying above it. There was a stereo right next to the table. On the opposite side there were two doors. One that led to the bathroom and the other lead to the closet.

“Mom redecorated the room. It used to be completely empty because we didn’t know what to do with it. She figured we could use this as your room instead of making you sleep in the Guests’ room,” said Sophia while looking at my awe.

I turned to face her and said, “I cannot even begin to thank you guys for all of this, it’s amazing. Truly, it is.” I hugged her as tightly as I could.

“You’re family now,” she did a half smile, “I’ll leave you to settle in and unpack your things. Call me if you need anything.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's the beginning of the story so a handful of explanations and scenario descriptions are necessary. I'm sorry guys! Keep calm and read on though x