The Creation of Worlds

A Blank Space

"Doctor, where are we?" I asked as I stepped out of the Tardis.

"I'm not sure.." the Doctor murmured as he came out from behind me. I rolled my eyes. I had only been with the Doctor for a few weeks but I already knew that he was a bit...Scatterbrained.
He promised me something new and extraordinary and what do I get? A blank blank blankety blank space. Whoopee.

"Huh, this is...odd. The Tardis clearly set out path to New New York, so how did we end up here? We don't need to refuel at all! ...Do we?" With that he dashed back inside the Tardis to check on its fuel levels.

I began to inspect the blank space that we were occupying and found that no matter how far I went, the blankness continued. It was awesome in a creepy way. I almost wished I had a pencil, so I could draw on the walls. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all!

"Um, Cassandra?" I heard the Doctor call from somewhere behind me.

"What?" I called back over my shoulder. There was a few moments of silents before the Doctor was beside me. I let out a scream of surprise and he jumped back. "What- I didn't even hear you come up! Now that I think about it..We don't have any footsteps! There's no sound!" This was awesome! I could sneak up on anyone- Well the Doctor to be exact. I always did like to scare people.

"Hm, yeah that is odd. But about the Tardis sending us to New New York? Well she uh- She decided to have a little detour. And um...This place isn't really on her map..So.."

I narrowed my eyes and placed my hands on my hips. "So what?" He better not say what I think he's going to.

"I don't know how to get out of here."

I let out a groan of despair. "Doctor!"

"Well it's not my fault! She's the one who decided to- OOH what's that over there!" He jogged a little ways off and bent down to pick something up. I stayed put and glared at his swaying brown coat.

"What is it?" I asked as he returned to my side.

"Two paper cranes in a jar."

"Oh gee, Doctor. Like I couldn't see that already! I was hoping it was some type of teleportation jam or something of the like." I grumbled.

"Teleportation jam? That's ridiculous! But there is something written on the jar. It says 'The Creation of Worlds'."

I took the jar from him and opened it. "The cranes have writing on them, this one says 'Environment'." As soon as I picked the crane up, it jumped out of my hands and expanded, before exploding.

The Doctor and I jumped back in shock. But something was different. The air was more...Well it smelt like air and not..Blank-ness. And the ground! I could hear my foot steps! I glanced this way and that and saw that the blank space was being covered by grass and trees. Butterflies were flitting this way and that, flowers were blooming all on their own! It was like on tv when a toon accidentally erases its world and starts re drawing it with a pencil!

"Bloody hell." I murmured, just as the Doctor murmured "Fantastic!"

The Doctor took the jar from me and took out the other crane, "This one says inhabitants." We shared a glanced before the crane flew out of his hands and exploded. And with the explosion came and abundance of little girls and boys. They were whooping and laughing and chasing each other around trees.

But they weren't normal children, they had animal ears and some even had scales and wings!

A girl with what looked like dog ears approached us happily. "Oh thank you, so much! You would not believe how long we've been waiting to get out and make our mark in the universe!"

"Make your mark?" The Doctor began but before he could finish asking his question, the Tardis began to hum. "Oh! Looks like the she's able to go now, we should get inside before she leaves without us, but ooh this is so exciting!" he whined and I rolled my eyes.

"It's either we stay here and get stranded forever or get in the Tardis and come back later."

The Doctor nodded and turned back to the little girl. "Sorry we have to leave on such short notice, but is it okay if we come back later?"

The little girl grinned, "Of course! After all you are the one who freed us! You will always be welcome here, Doctor and Cassandra Williams."

We ran back to the Tardis just as it took off, and I turned to look at the Doctor. "How did she know our names?"

"I dunno, but never mind that. Cassandra did we just create a world?"

I felt a grin spread across my face. "Oh yes Doctor, yes we did!"