Status: As you can already see, it may contain a lot of swearing.

Bitch

Chapter 16

"What? Nah, Kris isn't like that," Malcom shook his head, denying what Scarlet had just told him.
"It's true, I can show you the house if you'd like," Scarlet offered, crossing her arms.
"What's up?" Chantelle suddenly asked, snapping out of daydream and pulling her eyes away from the shop window.
"Scarlet tells me apparently Kris and Alexus have been living in some cosy cottage together while we've been sleeping rough." Malcom paused, "And apparently he's also been kidnapping kids."
Scarlet rolled her eyes, "I didn't say that did I?" She snapped. "I just said he looked a little dodgy walking back from the bridge, that's all," She muttered.
"Well, whatever. I know what you're thinking Scarlet and it aint true. Kris isn't like that," Malcom replied. "What sort of guy do you take him for?"
Scarlet shrugged, "I just thought it looked weird. Come on, if you had seen what he was like that night, you would think the same. The guy looked like he had just committed a murder."
Malcom laughed, slumping back into the seat. "So you think he's a murderer too now?" He chuckled.

"Who's a murderer?" A voice suddenly came and Malcom spun round to find himself meeting a pair of huge calm dark eyes.
"Oh, hi Isaac," Malcom greeted sheepishly, giving Isaac a weak smile and a small little wave.
"Can I sit down or are you just gonna hog the entire bench?" Isaac asked, raising a dark eyebrow.
"Oh yeah!" Malcom blurted, moving aside quickly.
Isaac shook his head at Malcom, sliding onto the bench and facing Chantelle. "I think Mark will be back in a few days to pick you up, something came up that's why they haven't come to pick you up before," He informed her, smiling softly.
A grin slowly shone it's way onto Chantelle's face, her pink lips twitched up into a bright grin, "Really?" she asked excitedly. "Does this mean I get to go home?" She asked.
Isaac shrugged, "I dunno, depends what Mark and the other two wanna do with you," he gave a small smile when he saw the shocked look pull at Chantelle's face. "But don't worry though. I'm guessing they're trying to figure out a way to let you go without causing the police to be tailing them afterwards. They did kidnap you after all. I'm sure they wanna get rid of you just as much as we do," Isaac joked, assuring Chantelle a little. "It will all work out in the end, and they're sorry for getting you mixed up in all of this."

Chantelle smiled weakly, her pretty blue eyes glistening. She looked a little overwhelmed with the wonderful news, already being able to taste the luxurious taste of a gorgeous well balanced meal and the comforting warmth from her king sized bed. She could feel the fresh clean clothes against her washed skin and that lovely feeling you get when you wake up to the sound of birds singing outside your window and a streak of sunshine slithering it's way through a gap in your curtains. She'd soon be leaving all this horror behind. Everything will soon be back to normal. Just that thought alone made Chantelle want to run outside and cart wheel down the street. It made her insides bubble with excitement and her hands shake with enthusiasm.

"Scarlet thinks Kris is a murderer," Malcom suddenly blurted, causing Scarlet to choke on her chips and Isaac to nearly fall of his chair.
"You what?" Isaac asked in disbelief, regaining his balance, he was smiling and clearly not taking Scarlet's accusation seriously.
"I didn't say that," Scarlet growled, glaring at Malcom who was grinning surprisingly.

Chantelle had never seen Malcom grin like that before, she never thought he was the humorous sort of guy. He always seemed...empty to Chantelle. Not a very fun person to hang around with. But now he seemed to be making a joke of what Scarlet had seen, he was teasing her a little. Which was very strange behaviour for Malcom. Chantelle had noticed the more time the spent with Malcom, the more he relaxed a little and loosened up. He really did seem to blossom the more she'd been around him. She was a lot more comfortable following him around now than she had been when she first met the English boy. He also just seemed happier. And he was making jokes now too which was good. He was still mysterious and she still didn't know much about him. But other than that his attitude had relaxed a little and she could defiantly read his expression better.

Isaac laughed, "Are you kidding me?" He asked in disbelief, "Kris?"
Malcom nodded, "Exactly what I thought."
Scarlet shook her head, "I didn't say he was a murderer, I was just saying he looked a little dodgy the other night," she muttered, looking out the window.
Isaac raised an eyebrow, "Uh huh? And what exactly was he doing that made him look dodgy?" Isaac asked, trying not to smile.
Scarlet looked at Malcom first, who nodded, giving her permission to share the plan with Isaac.
"Well, kids have been going missing for days," She told Isaac. "And we found out that they've all been receiving notes from anonymous writers. Each of these notes arrange for a meeting at the old bridge. And after receiving these notes and attending the meeting, the kids are never to be seen again." Scarlet explained.
Isaac frowned, leaning back in his seat and flicking his black hair from his eyes, "Is that so?" He asked, crossing his arms.

Isaac always looked older than he actually was. He was an adult in a kids body, a body that was young and fresh but a mind and eyes that were old and aged. He never seemed to fit in right. He was like that one piece of a jigsaw puzzle that you just couldn't find a place for. There was something mysterious about Isaac. That's why he was a good leader.

Malcom nodded, "Yeah. So we heard a kid got a letter last night so we decided to follow them to the bridge," Malcom confessed.
Isaac raised both his eyebrows, "Really? Without asking me first?" He asked, his voice rising slightly but he remained calm.
Scarlet nodded, "Yeah, sorry. We didn't want anyone else knowing."
Isaac nodded, "I don't care anyway." He muttered, "You were talking about Kris being a criminal?"
Scarlet nodded, "Yeah. So I decided to join Malcom and Scarlet in their spying a little while later but on my way up there I ran into Kris," Scarlet explained.
"Did he say anything?" Isaac asked and Scarlet shook her head.
"No, but he looked...suspicious," Scarlet mumbled.
"Suspicious?"
Scarlet nodded, "Yeah, looking around like he was being followed and jumping at every little sound. Y'know, stuff like that. He looked guilty of something," Scarlet muttered.
Isaac gave a short laugh, leaning forward and propping his head up on his hands, "So your accusing him of murder just because he looked suspicious?" He asked.
Scarlet rolled her eyes, "I never said he was a murderer. Malcom is just being stupid. I'm just saying that it's a bit of a coincidence that he was walking back from the meeting place looking like that. And these kids might not be being murdered. Maybe they're alive?"

Isaac shrugged, "So? Maybe he stole a pizza? Just because it's a coincidence doesn't make him a kidnapper or murderer or whatever you're trying to accuse the poor guy of. Give him a break yeah? He does a lot for us. Kris is a good guy, you expect him to suddenly be kidnapping kids or something?" Scarlet was about to open her mouth but Isaac held his hand up, shaking his head. "No, I don't want to hear anymore about it. What you're saying is stupid. I suggest you three stop with this stupid investigation stuff and keep your noses out of this business. I'll deal with the disappearing kids and I will ask Kris about his behaviour. But I swear to god, if you carry on accusing more of my good kids of crimes I will not be happy." Isaac warned before jabbing a finger at Scarlet. "And you," he said, looking directly at her, "Stop stalking people. It's not good for you." He finally said before standing up.

"He's also got a house, did you know that?" Scarlet added and Isaac stopped, turning around.
"No," he muttered. "I didn't know that."
Scarlet nodded, "Well he does. Him and Alexus have their own little cosy cottage just to themselves," Scarlet muttered bitterly.
Isaac nodded, looking down at Scarlet, "Okay then, I'll have a chat with Kris." He replied calmly before walking out of the kebab shop.
"That went well," Chantelle chirped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, been a while? Sorry, but this story really does need editing and I didn't want to carry on until it was sorted out. But it looks like that's never going to happen so I'm just going to get it finished and sort the major grammar problem out later. So hello, comment y'know. Do what you want.