Girl Anachronism

Chapter; 5

Mirrors are breaking
Vanity crush
Perfection climbing
All eyes on us


"Sorry sweetie," Priss exclaimed as she bridged herself in between Bert and I, "but Izzy is not ready to have your mouth on her face."

"Is there another place on her that I can put my mouth on?" Bert questioned as he gave me a wink and a sly smile.

I bit my lower lip to keep myself from smiling and I felt my cheeks start to feel warm up.

"No, McCracken. Now get away before I call Paco on your ass." Bert stuck his tongue out at Priscilla and then started to walk away backwards, towards the side of the stage to get to the back room. As he was walking backwards, he blew me a kiss and yelled out, "I'll see you in five minutes, baby. Meet me at Jack's!"

And then he was gone.

"God, that Bert is so annoying," Priss groaned as she put her arm around my shoulder and started walking us both out of the club and to Jack's, which was a popular rockabilly slash psychobilly diner and hangout.

"Really?" I asked her as I fingered my suspenders, "I think he's kinda cute, rude, but still cute."

"Great!" she exclaimed with a big grin on her face, "So, I'll tell Quinn that you like Bert and we'll make you two happen."

I stopped walking.

"What?" asked Priss.

"What do you mean, 'what'? You're not gonna tell Quinn anything. And what if Bert doesn't like me? And I thought that you hated Bert. Why would you want me to date him?"

Priss laughed like what I had just said was the most funniest joke in the entire world. "No, you're all wrong. I don't hate Bert. Well, I do. Actually, it's like a love-hate relationship kind of thing, it's hard to explain. But if you mean if I want to kill him type of hate? No. And are you blind or something? Bert was all over you just now! It's so fucking obvious that he likes you; whenever Bert likes a girl, he makes it obvious to the world. He's a great guy, so I wouldn't have a problem with it if you two dated."

I let all of what she had said sink in and process. Then I arched an eyebrow at her. "If Bert's so great, then why isn't he taken?"

She shrugged and said that she was doing drugs and shit and Bert wasn't into that.

I nodded then laced my arm into her's and continued walking. We talked about Jeffree's new songs that we're still un-released to the media (and especially MySpace), what we were gonna do for our seventeenth birthdays (which were a wonderful week apart, Priscilla being the oldest), and if the new Panic At The Disco album sucked or not.

We stood in front of the Grease inspired door's that welcomed in hungry eaters and rockers alike.

"Are you ready for Bert?" Priss asked me.

I thought about it for a bit before I started forward to push open one of the doors.

"The question, Priss, is if he's ready for me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for lack of updates!