Suffocating Silent

My Head Always Hurts

Click. Click. Click. Click.

I stare through the window, waiting for the bus to arrive at the next venue. My fingers had absentmindedly groped around and clenched a pen.

Click. Click. Click. Click.

Lately, I’ve felt…constricted, yeah, like my mind can’t seem to connect with the outside world as well as it used to. My little brother, Mikey, he’s a good judge of character…but I’ve fooled him before—now is not any different. My fingers grip tighter and click the pen harder, why isn’t anyone stopping me!? The sky is dark, almost accusing me of my lies.

“Gerard, stop,” A voice broke through—Brian, our manager.

Click. Click. Click. Cli-

“Sorry, lost in thought. You know how dangerous that is,” I smirked. How dangerous indeed.

“Yeah, don’t hurt yourself, we’ve got that interview coming up after the venue and I’m pretty sure the fans don’t want to see you K.O.’d on the floor,” Brian laughed before shuffling through some more paperwork.

Silence settles. God, my head hurts…it always hurts. I stare at my bandmates, playing videogames and laughing. Contrary to popular belief, I DON’T like being included in group activities. They make me uncomfortable and even MORE alone………I sound pathetic, sometimes I wish…

“WE’RE HERE!! EVERYBODY OUT!!” Frank screamed, bouncing hyperly out the door once the bus had stopped.

“Who gave him skittles? Seriously, it’s not fucking funny anymore,” I snapped randomly.

This earned me a heaping handful of stares…another thing I FUCKING HATE.

“Cuz, I, uh…gave him a pixie stick yesterday and got better results!” I smiled, praying my lame excuse for a cover-up worked.

“Really? Cool, we’ll try that next time!” Toro laughed, exiting with Bob.

“Gee, are you alright?” Mikey asked—bless his heart, ever the nosy.

“Yeah, but I’ll be even better once I get my coffee!” I laughed, pushing him through the doorway with my arm slung around his shoulders.

He never knew how close he came to my secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just this chapter. If you like, great. If you don't, alright.
Hoped you guys liked it.