Status: One Shot

Head Over Heels

One

I walked into the bedroom and placed my hand on the light switch. “Baby, can I turn the light on for a minute?” I asked Sidney softly. He had gone to our room to lay down in the dark. The migraines from his concussion have really thrown us for a loop. We didn’t know when they would go away, some days certain things helped them go away while others day those things didn’t work. We were walking through a dark tunnel and it was rough.

“Yeah,” he voice was quiet. He hasn’t been himself. I wish I could help him. I took my clothes off and grabbed the shirt he was wearing earlier. I slipped it on and turned the light off.

“Want me to give you a massage?” I asked softly as I sat next to him on the bed.

“If you want to, baby.” He spoke quietly. He always cared about me even where he was in pain.

“I wouldn’t offer unless I wanted to,” I murmured as I sat behind him and crossed my legs. He slid back so his head was in my lap. I leaned down and kissed his lips softly. My fingers went to his temples and I pressed softly. He’s looked so sad lately and I just want to make him feel better. I rubbed upwards towards his hairline. His hand reached up to where my hand was and he stilled my moving hand.

“I just want to hold you again baby, I just want to take care of you instead of you having to do everything for me. I don’t like this Soph. I want to make you breakfast and I want to surprise you with little things. I want to score a goal for you again…” he sighed loudly as he sat up and faced me. His hand took both of mine in his. “I want you to feel like a princess because that’s what you are to me. You’re everything. Sometimes I get so scared with you. Not that because I don’t love you anymore, but because I love you so much that I don’t know whether you’re more important to me than hockey is. I’ve never felt this way and that scares me too. When there are the long two week trips out of town, I want to take you with me but I can’t. There’s going to be a point in time where I just need you there with me…” I cut him off by pressing my finger to his lips.

“And when that happens, I’ll be there. I’ll be right next to you Sidney. I always will be. When you’re better, you can take care of me again. You’re not Superman, baby. You’re going to get injured; it’s just how it is. And when you do, I’ll be there. Like I am now. This is what a relationship is, it’s give and take. When you’re hurt, I’ll be here to take care of you and when I’m hurt, I know you’ll be there to take care of me because we love each other.” Sidney stared at me with wide eyes.

“I’m honestly head over heels in love with you, Soph.” his hands grabbed my face and smashed his lips against mine before I could respond. My arms wrapped around his neck as his tongue ran against my bottom lip. I pulled back and looked him in the eyes.

“I’ve been in love with you for a while,” I smiled at him as he smiled at me. It felt so good to see him smile. It’s been days since I’ve seen him smile.

“I don’t want to ever be with another girl. You’re perfect, you’re everything I’ve ever wanted in a girl… baby, you’re my dream girl. Without a doubt.” He spoke before capturing my lips in a passionate kiss. The kiss reminded me of the way he captured my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, sweet and romantic. :')