Status: I'll try to update at least once a week

Run Faster, Fight Harder

Going to Atlanta

I woke up from a dream this morning . The sound of laughing children as my alarm clock. I was devastated to remember this isn't our world any more. Not the greetings of the mailman,nor the barking's of a dog type of world. We have been over run by flesh eating terrorist. The world we have ever know,gone in a blink of an eye. I sat in my cot and tried to..remember all the good things that've happened. All the memories I've created,all the people I've loved. Gone.

I got up and got dressed in acid wash jeans with a black v-neck tee shirt and my doc martens. I grabbed my survivor knife as I walked out of the tent.

I saw everyone busy doing chores.
Leo,Dale and Jim were still working on the RV.
Most of the ladies were missing including my mother and Beatrice.
I didn't see Daryl any where,and I was glad I didn't see Merle around either.
I spotted Iris and walked to her.

"Hey" I greeted her.

"Mornin' sleeping beauty" she replied.

"Where's mom?"

"Oh ... Amy, Andrea,Lori, Mom, and Beatrice are washing clothes. Again,I'm stuck with hanging then" she sighs.

"Oh...well do you need help?"

"Naw me and Carol got it."

"Okay well tell me if you need anything." with that I walked away.

I went to Daryl tent to see if he was there . I pulled the zipper down of his tent to find nothing more then a messy sleeping bag.

I walked around the camp site bored until someone stopped me.

"Hey, Scarlett! Wait up!" Shouted Glenn.

I stopped walking and faced him.
He had his baseball hat on and a different shirt on today.

"Hey Glenn what's up?"

"Shane told me to ask you if you wanted to go on a run with me?" He said to me.

"Sure..where are we going?"

"To Atlanta"

"The city?! Are you nuts? It's dangerous there!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry I do it all the time,plus you'll have my back and I'll have yours." He finished with a confident smile.

"Why the hell not."I hesitated for a moment,before answering.
"I'll just let me grab a few thing and will go."

I walked to back to our tent and grabbed the SUV's keys.

Out of the SUV,I grabbed a big back pack in case I found anything useful.
Places two daggers in my thigh gun holster. A pistol along with the silencer,and my katana.
I mean,you can never be to careful,right?

I gave Iris her keys and grabbed mine. I grabbed a water bottle and walked back to Glenn.

"Alrighty Glenn, ready to go?" adjusting my backpack.

"Yea,one question?" He had an amused look in his face.

"What is it?" I wondered.

"Are we going to World War 3?" He laughed a bit.

"Didn't you know Glenn this IS world war 3." I said in all seriousness but with a smile.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked.

"Yea" he looked at the floor.

"Let's go then." Walking towards the cars.

I was walking towards my car when Glenn saw that I wasn't walking towards a jeep,he was walking to.

"Are we talking your car?" He asked me. I gave him a questionable look. "Its just-um- I mean I always take Shane's jeep?!" He finished embarrassed a little.

I chucked.

"We can take the jeep I don't mind." I walked towards the jeep, and sat in the passengers side.
As Glenn took the drivers side.

Just as we started the jeep Daryl came out of the woods with arms full of wood. Merle was trailing behind him.

"Where ya going?" Daryl asked.

"Atlanta,to scavenge for supplies." I replied.

"Do you guys wanna come?" Glenn asked.

"I ain't going with that bitch!" Merle replied angrily.

"Awww...Merle are you still mad at me? ." I said with sadness mixed with amusement in my voice.

Merle huffed loudly and walked away but Daryl stayed.

"Are you coming?" I asked him.

"Ya, I'll be right back" with that he walked away.

We waited for a while and just made small talk.

Daryl came back with a couple of arrows and a back pack. He jumped on the jeep and sat in the back.

It was about an hour drive to Atlanta but we chatted.

We talked about out previous lives,well just me and Glenn,Daryl stayed quiet most of the time. We talked about out taste in music.
A subject Daryl joined. Turns out me and Daryl had similar taste. We prefer rock,But can listen to mostly anything beside today's music.

After a while Glenn drove under a bridge and parked behind gates.

"Okay we're here" he stated.

I had to hop off since I'm a bit shorter than the guys.

"Don't hurt ya self, shorty" Daryl teased.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my backpack.

We walked until we saw the back doors of stores. I took my daggers out and got in a fighting stance.
Daryl raised is crossbow higher,with a fierce look on his face. While, Glenn got behind us.

Daryl opens the door slowly.

We bust in ,and check both sides of the store. Once its semi clear Glenn trailed behind.

After we looked through the store we meet at the cashier table.

"Everything looked clear,but lets try to keep it quiet." Glenn whispered.

"Right" I whispered back and Daryl nodded.

We all went out separate ways and looked for supplies.

.:10 min later:.
With Alec's new pants in my back pack I walked behind the kids rack and came face to face with an geek.

I walked backwards and bumped into a mannequin. It was already to late to pull out my knife since the sound attracted it.

The thing lunged towards me,with teeth munching and hunger glaring in its eye's.

We both fell to the floor struggling. Me fighting to stay alive, It trying to eat me alive.

Until It stopped struggling and fell on top of me . I took a deep breath trying to relax.

The Zombie was pulled off me and, was meet by Daryl's bloody face.

I got up and dusted my self off. I have Daryl a thankful look .

"Thank you.." I looked at the ground,trying to forget what just happened to me.

I look at Daryl as he nodded towards me.

He looked at me in the eyes for while and left around the corner.

We meet at the back door and went next door.

This time we didn't hesitate, we separated and explored the store.

This store use to be a sporting good store since I found boots, ammunition, and machetes.

The thing about this store is it had more zombies than the other one.

This time though I was prepared. The first two I came across didn't stand a chance.

One of the zombies had his eye hanging out of his skill and half his face chomped off,the other had her an arm missing.

I kicked the Cyclopes in the stomach sending it falling to the floor, giving me enough time to stab the woman in the temple.
Before the Cyclopes got up I stabbed it in the brain and kept walking.

I found a set of steel cooking utensils and a new pot for Lori, I put them in my backpack.

After a while I also found arrows for Darryl's crossbow.

I went to the employee lounge and found 5 zombies in there.
I throw my knife at one zombie's head and ,pulled my gun out.

I shot the closes on my left and kicked the one on the right to the ground. I shot the other two and the one that was on the floor was getting up. I walked closer to it and shot it in the head.

That's the good thing I like about silencers the don't make any sound. If I had a normal gun I'd have a horde coming my way.

I placed my gun on the holster and explored the lounge. I found food that wasn't expired like can goods,a can opener and a first aid kit.

Better safe then sorry. Right?

I walked into the managers office and explored.
On his/her's desk I fount Tylenol.

I also found that the manager was an alcoholic,since there was hidden compartment inside the desk.
I put the jack Daniels honey whiskey, the makers mark, and the half bottle of Dewar's.

I walked out of the office smiling,until I heard a struggle.

Ran towards the noise.
Only to find Glenn hitting zombies with a baseball bat he must have found laying around.

I throw one of my daggers to the back of zombie brain and kicked the other one to the floor. Glenn then pounded the undead thing on the floor with his bat over and over again.

I yanked my dagger off the now dead body.
"Its time to go." I walked towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

He carried his backpack and I followed behind him.

I picked my two back packs up and walked to the back door.

I whistled till Daryl showed up. Once he did, we walked back to the car. Glenn was quiet the whole walk there.

"I'll drive." I said in a confident but quiet voice. Glenn handed me the keys and we drove in silence.

It was half an hour of silence until I stopped driving and stopped the car in middle of the highway.

"Whats 'rong?" Daryl asked me.

" Nothing...but Glenn are you okay?" I looked at Glenn.

He stayed quiet. "Glenn are you okay?" He looked at the floor of the car. " Glenn -"

"I'm fine okay!" He yelled. "I'm fine." He said in a quieter tone.

I stayed quiet,gripping the steering wheel. We both stayed quiet until Glenn spoke again.

" I-I knew that guy." He said quietly."Before this happened, I knew him."

Nothing but the wind was being heard.

"I-I mean,I just delivered pizza,but I knew him."

I understand what he was going through, knowing what was going on.

Knowing that person..becoming one of those things,it's a nightmare.

" I know Glenn." I placed my hand on his knee.

"I understand." Smiling at him, he only smiled slightly.

I started to drive again ,we made small talk all the way back.

*static*
"Emergency broadcast! The CDC has *static* shelter, and protection from the in known forces. *static* If you are uninflected with the virus, please- *static*

"Did you hear that! There's more survivors! We should go to the CDC!"
Glenn said exciting,like a child getting what he wanted for Christmas.

"It's jus' a transition ya chink!" Daryl replied.

"Daryl!" I looked at him though the mirror shaking my head.

"We should head back and tell the others." I smiled at him, and started driving back to camp.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't updated in a while but here you go. Comment and suscribe guys ^_^