Status: Hope it makes you think :)

A Walk for Thought

Think

I awoke

The sky shone a light violet with long stripes of grey and green stretching past the horizon. Music touched my ears like bumblebees buzzing past flowers, only a few notes could be made out before flying away to spread to something else. Trees with bright, shining blue leaves rustled in the music fed wind with delight and they sang with joy around me. The sound that whistled in my ears was relaxing and soothing, like coo of a mother to her child.

I walked.

The earth was cool with alabaster soil that brushed against my skin in a thousand different ways. It absorbed into my skin like water into moss and strengthened me, but weakened me to. I looked to the sky and watched it change to a swirling mist of billions of colours I could never name. The world became a dizzying sensation of everything imaginable and I felt lost.

I searched.

I followed a path of magenta stones and bright red dandelions towards a meadow of white, brass and pink. Tall flowers called for names that could never be spoken. Their leaves grasped like hands as I whisked past them on my journey, longing to discover something that was missing from this vast land of wonder. I longed to lie in their swirling mists of pleasure and comfort but the shades inside me pulled me forward as if I was a horse with reins, being guided away.

I followed.

I ran past the meadow and came across a deep valley filled with orange tapestries of willow trees and ash coloured berries that were feasted upon by the ruby eyed insects that slithered past me in groups of thousands. I travelled down the valley to the swirling river of crystalline colours that danced with silver and gold. I waded into the river to cross up the stream, the water lapping at my sides and gently pulling me from deep. It was so soothing, but I had to persist. I gazed up to see a never-ending mountain. The reins on my soul tugged me forward, though every other inch of me told me to stay and the easy, relaxing waters of metallic colouring. I cried tears of maroon honey and pushed myself on, fearful of the risks and my fate.

I climbed.

Auburn stone burned my skin and cut into my flesh. I struggled forward, hand over hand, my bare feet scraping over dark ground. I kept going. My mind tossed my consciousness left and right, there and then until the memories of the beautiful river and enchanting meadow were nothing but the music in the forest. I collapsed into a powder blue cave of beige fire and bubblegum dead grasses. I felt like nothing was there, I begged for death, I begged to go back to the beautiful meadow and river and never see a mountain again. My crippled body hung limp at the edge of cliff side. I could return to my sanctuary of brass and cold so easily, with only a shift in weight towards the glowing serenity of peace.

I saw.

I saw how far I had gone, and I knew I could never go back without dooming my existence to live below the skyline, and was it worth the hardship to reach just a little further? I turned my head up, the once swirling sky now turned grey and foggy like an ocean after a storm. I closed my eyes and let the faint breeze that reached me tousle my hair before pulling my weakened soul above the cave and scrabbled feebly just a little higher.

I succeeded.

As my hand reached for my next stone, instead it touched soft grass. I pulled myself up to see I had been resting just below my goal. The sky burst with greens, yellows, purples oranges and blues, swirling around me in a flurry of heat, frost and gushes upon gushes of powerful winds that filled me with strength and happiness. I laid in the cool grass and felt the soft blades against my cheek like whiskers of a kitten. I had never felt so happy in my life. I felt complete.

Truly there is no greater journey than the journey to find yourself.