Status: I will update periodically.

Break Your Little Heart

Ch. 3

The drive there was long, and quiet. A lot of the roadies were given a few buses to stay on for the drives to each city. I made my self comfortable at one of the small booths towards the front of the bus.
I stared out the window, imagining how it was going to be when we actually got to the first city. I wondered if I'd actually even get to see any of the bands. I wondered if I-

"So, I assume this is your first year." I heard. I snapped out of my gaze, bringing my eyes back into the bus. Jason sat down across from me on the other side of the booth; his big, brown eyes staring back at mine, and his same subtle smile across his face. I sighed.
"You can tell?" I asked. He giggled, looking down.
"Well, you're sitting alone. And I'm usually good at remembering faces." He said. I nodded.
"I don't know anyone here." I said. He shrugged.
"Well, you know me." He said softly. I smiled, feeling my cheeks burn.
"I guess you're right." I said.
"So.. why this?" He asked. I looked at him confused.
"Why.. a roadie." He said, clarifying. I sighed.
"Well, I'm not talented enough to be in my own band, and I wanted to be apart of something like this for a long time. And.. so.. here I am." He nodded.

"So, you're not here to follow band members." He said, smirking. I felt my cheeks burn.
"No." I said. He laughed.
"Well, you'd be the first, then. That's pretty much the goal of everyone on this tour. Get with a band member, and never have to work again. Little do they know, these bands don't make much money. They'd just get the fame, and not the good kind either." I giggled.
"I know what you mean." I said. He nodded.
"Good. So, I suggest.. staying away from them." I looked up at him.
"I'm not attractive enough for someone in a band." I said "They could have anyone. They wouldn't want me. So, following band members is the least of my priorities." He giggled, holding his gaze into my eyes. I bit my lip the longer he stayed quiet.

"Don't downplay yourself, kid." He said. I felt my cheeks burn.
"Kid?" I giggled. He smiled.
"Well, you can't be any older than me. So, yes. Kid." I sighed.
"Well, how old are you?" I asked.
"I'm twenty three." He said. I nodded. Alright, so he was right.
"Okay." I sighed.
"You can't be older than twenty." He said. I scrunched up my face.
"I'm twenty one." I said. He smiled.
"Well, that's good. At least you'll be able to have some fun here. The crew usually goes drinking after a few nights work." I smiled. At least that wasn't something I'd be left out of.

He got up. My eyes followed him.
"Where are you going?" I asked. He smirked.
"We're almost there. Gotta get ready." I nodded.

"And Madison.." He said, calling back. I turned back to him. He bit his lip.
"Yeah?" I asked.

"Don't be a stranger."