Status: I will update periodically.

Break Your Little Heart

Ch. 4

I walked out the bus door and was hit with a heavy wave of heat. The air was dry, making it harder to breath. I sighed. As if lifting and moving equipment wasn't going to be hard enough.

I followed my group from the bus over to the buses filled with the equipment. I hadn't really gotten a chance to get a good look at it; maybe it was for some of the bands that I knew.

It wasn't long before I was approached by a familiar face.
"Mind if I help?" Jason said, climbing into the bus. I sighed, smiling.
"I'd appreciate it." I said. He smiled back, and began handing me the smaller equipment.
"So, have you ever met anyone?" I asked. He smirked at me.
"You mean like band boys?" He said, raising one eye brow. I felt my cheeks burn.
"I never said boys." I said softly. He smiled, now looking down, nodding.

"Yes." He said "And they're all the same. So, I stand by my warning. Don't get involved with them." I giggled.
"And I stand by what I said too. None of them would be interested in me. So it was never even a thought." I bit my lip. "Do you tell everyone this?" I asked.
"Not exactly." He said "Not the people who I think can handle themselves here." I looked up at him confused as he came back out of the bus with more equipment.
"I can handle myself." I said. He giggled, taking off his glasses, and cleaning them on his shirt.
"I can tell already, Madison.. C-can I call you Maddy?" He asked. I nodded.
"Maddy, from what I've seen anyway, I can already tell how you are and.. you will get chewed up and spit out here.. if you're not careful. I guess you were lucky to run into me." He winked at me. I felt my cheeks burn. I looked away.

"I can take care of myself." I said softly. "I don't need a baby sitter." He sighed.
"No one said anything about a baby sitter." He said.
"That's sure what it sounded like."
"Well, that's not what I meant."

I sighed, looking out at the other buses, and roadies unloading all different instruments.

"So.." I said, turning back to our pile. "Which band is this for?"

Jason went over and rummaged through the instruments, finally pulling up a drum cover. His face dropped and he rolled his eyes and he looked back over at me.
"All Time Low" He said, gently tossing it back into the pile. I felt my cheeks get read. What? But.. they were huge. Suddenly this job seemed unreal. I was handling the instruments they'd be using for their set? Alex? Jack? Rian? Zack? I ran my hands through my hair, trying to calm myself down. Jason looked over at me, and rolled his eyes.

"This is exactly what I didn't want to happen." He sighed. I looked over at him, my cheeks getting redder.
"What are you talking about?" I asked. He crossed his arms, raising one eye brow, staring back at me with those big, brown eyes.
"You're getting all worked up over some band.." He said. I bit my lip. Some band? They were one of THE bands. How COULDN'T someone be excited about this?

"What do you have against these guys?" I asked. He shook his head.
"It's not just these guys." He said "It's all band guys. They think the world revolves around them, and the girls go crazy, just because they can strum a guitar and sing a lyric. And they leave us other guys, us nobodies, to compete with that. They get put on a pedestal for no reason. It's just.." He stopped and sighed, kicking at the cement.
"Just forget it." He said quietly. I bit my lip.

"If it helps, I'm not going crazy." I said. He smirked, looking back up at me.

"We'll see, Maddy."