Status: I will update periodically.

Break Your Little Heart

Ch. 6

"So, it's this easy." Jason said.

He unloaded the instruments and began bringing them towards the stage. I followed, doing just as he said. After setting everything else, we then had to put together the drum set. I could feel my heart beat faster as I put on the "All Time Low" drum covers. They'd actually be using these instruments. They'd be right here. I sighed, turning back to Jason.

"Hows that?" I asked. He smiled, crossing his arms.
"You learn fast for your first day on the job." He said. I smiled, wiping the sweat off my forehead.
"Why, thank you." I sighed. "So.. when do they come out?" He raised one eyebrow at me. My cheeks burned again.
"What is so great about these guys?" He asked. I looked away.
"What are you talking about?" I said, avoiding eye contact.
"I mean, why are you so obsessed with meeting them." I turned back, crossing my arms.
"Who said I was obsessed with meeting them." He smirked.
"It's pretty obvious, Maddy." I bit down on my lip. Was it obvious?

"I was just curious." I said quietly. And soon, I heard laughter. I popped my head up, looking over at the steps to the stage, and my heart seemed to stop. It was them. All of them. They were talking amongst each other as they casually walked on stage. Was this really happening?

"Hey" Alex said, flashing me a smile. It felt like my cheeks were on fire. My eyes got wide.
"H-hi." I managed, trying to play it cool. He giggled.
"You must be our roadies." He said "You guys did a great job." I smiled.
"Thanks" I said, and I heard a muffled 'thanks' from Jason from the other side of the stage.

"I'm Alex, and you are..." He put his hand out. I quickly stuck mine out to shake his.
"I'm Maddy." I said, trying to contain my smile. He giggled.
"Nice to meet you, Maddy." He turned back to the rest of the group.

"This is my girlfriend, Lisa. That's Rian, his girlfriend Cassadee, Jack, and Zack." I smiled, giving them all a wave. Jason seemed less than thrilled, but managed a fake smile and a 'hi, how are you?'

Lisa seemed attached to his hip. I didn't blame her. He was much cuter in person. And especially on tour, I knew if I was dating a rockstar, I would want everyone to know too. I sighed. She was so... gorgeous. I thought back to what I had told Jason before. No rockstars would ever be interested in me. Especially when they could have girls that looked like that. Like her.

But she was sweet. She smiled at us, saying hello, as they walked by, inspecting the stage.

"I'm excited." Alex said, turning to Rian. Rian was beaming as he went over and sat down at the drum set.

"What time do you guys go on?" I asked. Alex turned back to me, still keeping the smile on his face.
"In about an hour." He said. I nodded, biting down on my lip, trying to keep anything stupid from coming out of my mouth.
"Awesome." I managed.
"Are you gonna watch?" He asked, winking. I felt my heart pound.
"Um. Y-yeah. Why not. 'Gotta make sure that our job was done right.. right?" He giggled.
"Exactly. Well, thanks for all the help. Everything looks great."

"No problem." I sighed, turning back to the stairs where Jason stood, arms cross, and a stern look in his eye.