Status: I will update periodically.

Break Your Little Heart

Ch. 8

I heard him giggling as he followed behind me. I felt his hand inside mine, big and warm.

"Where are you taking me, Maddy?" He sighed. I turned back at him to see his eyes shining brightly behind his glasses, and a subtle smile spread across his lips. I felt my cheeks get red.
"We're almost there." I said, turning back. I heard him sigh.

Finally, I lead his through one of the side gates, over to an open field. It was much quieter.
"So, is this where you kill me?" He asked. I giggled, letting go of his hand.
"Not exactly." I said, bringing him over to a small dirt bike over the hill. He smiled down at it, running his hands through his hair.
"And how did you know about this?" He asked, smirking at me.
"You've only been here for a year, and you know about the bike?" I smiled, shrugging.
"I overheard people talking about it. It sounded fun. But I didn't want to try it alone."

He crossed his arms, showing his muscles from under his sleeves. I bit down on my lip, and then brought my attention back to the bike.
"So, what do you say? You wanna try it?" He smirked at me.
"Well, if I let you on this thing by yourself, I have a feeling you'll be the one dying out here." He went over to the bike, effortlessly lifting it off the ground, and swung one leg around, adjusting himself on the seat. He turned to me, giving me his simple smile, and patted the seat behind him.

"Well, are you coming?" He asked. I took a deep breath, and pushed myself over to the bike, getting on behind me. He smirked back at me.

"Hold on tight, sweet thing." He said softly, winking at me before turning back. I wrapped my arms around him, gently resting my head on his strong back. He was warm, and smelt nice. It was surprising considering everyone was out sweating all day. I sighed, moving closer, making myself comfortable.

And we were off.