Status: Five-shot. {Complete}

Midnight Paranoia

Here I Go Again

Nikki's Dream
"Mama?" I asked walked into our house after school, my Batman backpack on my back, green sweat pants and Batman hoodie making my body seem curve-less. My curly jet black hair cut short because I never really liked having long hair. Putting my bag by the door in the hallway I walked through the house. She wasn't in the kitchen, living room, back yard, front yard, downstair bathroom, their office, the closet where we keep jackets, when I didn't find her downstairs I start climbing the puke coloured stairs up to the second floor. I checked the upstair bathroom, my bedroom, their upstair office, the music room and lastly I walk towards their bedroom, deciding that mum must be in there. She wouldn't leave the house without locking and knowing that I would be home soon, right?
I pushed the door to their bedroom open and saw mum on the bed, I walked over and called her name over and over again, I poked her several times and she didn't wake up. After ten minutes of constant poking, calling her name and shaking her every now and then I gave up. I ran downstairs and grabbed the house phone calling dad's work phone.
"Hey sweetie" Dad's voice came, by then I hadn't realized that I was crying the tears freely falling down my cheeks.
"She's not waking daddy" I said trying not to cry any harder, I can't understand she was happy this morning and she was just fine. She said she didn't do the drugs anymore, was she even telling me the truth?
"What do you mean Nikki Jade?" Daddy asked sounding like he was confused and partly scared.
"I poked her and been calling her name for ten minutes daddy! I've been shaking her, mama doesn't wake up" I cried loudly.
"Nikki Jade when we hung up here I'm coming home, when you're wating on me try to wake mum up even harder. Shake her harder, poker her more often and if you have to say her name loudly" Daddy said and I nodded.
"Okay daddy, promise you will come home?" I asked and he sighed.
"I'll come as soon as I can Nikki Jade. If I'm not home within the next hour call 911 incase you haven't gotten her up" Daddy said and I nodded.
"I love you, daddy" I whispered and the line went blank. I put the house phone down and ran back upstairs into mum's room. For the next hour daddy didn't show up, so I called 911 because mum still wasn't awake.
When the ambulance came they checked her pulse, when they didn't get one they said she was dead and the time, by then they had started to roll her into the ambulance. The cops came just as they went away, they packed some stuff and drove me to the orphanage.
"Where's my mama and daddy?" I asked one of the officers as we walked inside.
"Honey, your mother died of an overdose and your father was found dead in the mens restroom at his work. He killed himself with a gun" The officer explained and before I knew it I was screaming loudly, crying myself to sleep in the officers hold.
After I fell asleep I was put in a room and kept tossing around having nightmares about my fathers and mothers death. I saw the picture of my father lying on the floor lifeless, blood all around him..

End Of The Dream
I shot up from the bed screaming about the dream that had been haunting me ever since I was eight years old. The door opened quickly and Beth came inside, she was the owner of this place. She hugged me tightly and tried to calm me down. Nothing was helping as I cried more and more.
"I don't wanna upset you anymore than you already am" Beth said quietly and I sighed.
"I guess that I need to get dressed and come downstairs" I mumbled and Beth nodded.
"Get dressed, come downstairs and eat breakfast, they're already here" Beth said and she kissed my forehead before leaving the room. I sighed to myself and got out from the bed and walked towards the wardrobe, I picked out a black and yellow Batman corset and black and yellow Batman panties, once the corset was on the tightest making me breathe a bit harder I found a black Sid Vicious t-shirt, pink explosion font pants, a black, grey and yellow Batman hoodie, I put it on and found my Batman converse, pink pilot sunglasses and iPhone. I put on my converse, hung the sunglasses on my t-shirt and my phone into my pocket. I straigned my hair and messed it up before spraying hairspray, brushing it out and messing it up a bit more.
I grabbed my drumsticks and guitar before heading downstairs into the living room where we usually met the parents who were looking for adoping kids. Usually they took the younger kids since they could raise them however they wanted them to be. I walked over to Kathy and asked for the keys to the music room, she gave them tome and I walked away into the music room. Once I was there I walked over to the piano and started to play Skin by Sixx: A.M.
I finished playing and singing with smile, I stood up and walked over to the drums to start playing the drums and sing Girls, Girls, Girls by Mötley Crüe. When I finally thought I was warmed up I walked over and grabbed my guitar from my guitarcase, I got a black pick I bought from Green Day with the American Idiot logo on. I plugged my guitar in and started to play whatever felt right. I played random notes until I started to play Pretty Vacant by Sex Pistols. I hummed the words and when I stopped I looked up and saw Beth standing in the doorway with a couple, the woman had red hair, pretty thin, pale and looked pretty cool. The man had dark brown wavy hair, a lip piercing on the right side and plugs.
"Did you eat before Kathy gave you the keys?" Beth asked and I shook my head.
"No" I answered quietly.
"Nikki Jade you know that you need to eat, lock the door and give Kathy the keys back before you eat" Beth said and frowned.
"You know I can't eat when I had nightmares about them" I whispered and Beth sighed.
"Try, please" She said and I shrugged.
"Go on you can find other kids to show to the soon-to-be new parents. I'm none important" I said as I packed my guitar up. I put the pick into the guitarcase pocket and grabbed my drumsticks. I put the guitar on my back and held the guitars in my left hand. "Nice to meet you, hope you find the kid you've wanted. To be honest, everyone is great and they'll do what you want. They're happy, smiling and barely cries. They eat what you give them and is simple. Don't crave much" I said as I walked past them, I walked to Kathy and gave her the keys back. I ran up to my room and placed my guitar and drumsticks back on the bed before leaving again. Outside my room Jameson, Dempsey and Timothy stood with their covers and a snowslade. I looked at them and they nodded.
"You did promise that you'll try" Timothy, the youngest said and I nodded.
"I did promise" said as they put the snowslade down. Dempsey sat in the back, Timothy in the middle and Jameson in the front. Jameson opened his cover and I sat down, he covered us and I saw Beth, Kathy and the couple standing next to the almost fourty-five steps long stair. Samantha a younger girl walked past us and we asked if she could open the frontdoor, she skipped downstairs and opened the door. She stood next to the door and smiled.
"Ladies and gentlemen, Huntington Beach local orphanage would like to present The Slade Project by the three brother's Willam and the skater girl Scott, we got Timothy Willam on fourteen, Dempsey Willam on fifteen, Jameson Willam on seventeen and Nikki Jade Scott on fourteen years old!" Samantha said, before Beth and Kathy could protest the couple were already looking and we were on our way down the stairs. We flew out the doorway and onto the front yard. Once we stopped we all fell of laughing.
"Timothy, Dempsey and Jameson bring back the covers to where they belong and the slade to the garage, Nikki Jade into the office" Beth said with a sigh, Kathy being the younger one she could barely hold her laughter.
"Timothy, Dempsey and Jameson bring back the covers to where they belong and the slade to the garage, Nikki Jade into the office" Jameson quietly mocked Beth and that was enough to make Kathy laugh. I went over to her and she was still laughing.
"I think you're laughing, don't you?" I asked Kathy and Beth looked at me and I raised my arms, then putting them behind my back waiting for Beth to tell me to stop acting so childish. "Oh, you're not a cop. Oops?" I asked and Kathy walked away still laughing.
"Nikki Jade office now!" Beth sighed loudly and I nodded, before walking into the office. I sat down in the chair in front of the desk, Beth sat down and I waited for her to talk.
"Are the school kicking me out again? You finally think I'm too much and send me of to some insane home? You're killing me? You're taking my phone, guitar, drumsticks away? You're gonna talk to me and ask why I don't eat after nightmares?" I asked and she shook her head and pointed behind me. I flippled the chair and saw the couple smiling at me. "Don't even think about it, for all you know I can have rabies or be a cannibal!" I said and they laughed and I frowned.
"Rabies? Cannibal?" Beth asked behind me and I nodded.
"Maybe I've got rabies or I'm a cannibal, what do you know about me?!" I asked and they smiled.
"That your name is Nikki Jade, you're fourteen, you can play guitar, piano, drums and sing. You like that kind of music we like, you need a stable home and family, wanna tell me something else?" The woman asked and I shrugged.
"That I hate being called Nikki Jade because my father called me that before he took his own life, I also hate being called Jade, NJ or even using my last name because the last time before my mum overdosed she called me NJ, she called me Jade ever since I was younger and whenever she was high she called me by my last name, Scott. I hate swimming, because I almost drowned once, I've got medication I got to take daily sometimes when I need it as well. My two uncles thought me how to play guitar, piano, drums and how to sing better than I used to, but that was before he went on tour and now he visit only once in a while. I hate snow and buying clothes, shoes, whatsoever. I don't like talking about my past" I said and they nodded.
"Music style?" The man tried and I sighed.
"Metallica, Whitesnake, Mötley Crüe, Metro Station and Sixx: A.M." I began with a weak smile. "Then I love my uncles' and can sometimes listen to Metro Station, Ashland High, My Chemical Romance and shit like that" I said and they nodded.
"Would you allow us to adopt you?" The woman said and I shrugged.
"Like I said, I've got rabies and might be a cannibal" I said and they smiled. "Other than that it's your choice" I said and they nodded.
"Can we sign the papers?" The woman asked Beth and I Beth nodded. Once they had all the papers signed they sat down again. "Why don't you help Nikki pack while Beth and I talk" The woman said and he nodded. The man followed me upstairs and into my room. He sat down on the bed as I grabbed my suitcase and two duffel bags. I packed my stuff and put them on the floor, I put my guitar and sticks in the pile as well. I grabbed my two skateboards and some other stuff I would need.
"What's your name?" I asked the man and he smiled.
"Matt, the other half of me is my wife Val" He said and I nodded.
"Tell me about your family" I said and sat down on the drawer.
"Well my name is Matt, I'm thirty years old and I live with my wife Val, she's twenty-nine years old and we have two dogs together named Shadows and Bella. I sing in Avenged Sevenfold together with my four best friends Johnny, Brian, Jimmy and Zacky. We often hang out at mine and Val's place together with the guys and their wives which is Lacey, Michelle, Leana and Gena. Lacey is Johnny's fiancé, Michelle is Brian's wife and Val's twin sisters, Leana is Jimmy's fiance and Gena is Zacky's fiancé" Matt said and I nodded.
"I'm finished, so let's go" I said with a sigh and Matt nodded.
"Let's go" He said with a smile. We both got my bags and stuff downstairs and into their car, which was a black SUV almost every window was tinted so you couldn't see in from outside. The three windows that weren't tinted were the three by the front seats. Once all my stuff was in the trunk Beth and Val was standing outside small talking and I sighed with relief, it didn't look like Beth had sad anything they shouldn't know. We all said goodbye to Beth and she said that I should call if I needed something. I thanked her and jumped into the backseat of the SUV and buckled in, with Matt starting the car and Val putting in a CD.
"Here I go again" I said quietly for only me to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nikki Jade's Outfit