Status: you tell us

The Dead Go Faster

Chapter 1

When people would ask me what I would do if a zombie apocalypse ever happened, I'd always laugh in their faces and say that was never going to happen. Now, I'm sadly mistaken, I wish I wouldn't have laughed in their faces. It all started on a peaceful day in a small town in Georgia, me and my friend Emily were walking home from school when it happened. Everything was destroyed, on fire, or just completely gone. It happened so fast I don't know what truly caused it. All I remember is grabbing Emily's hand and running, running, and never looking back or stopping. I ran all the way to my house, or, what was left of it. I opened the front door and it just collapsed, I walked over the rubble still dragging Emily with me, I hadn't noticed she was talking until she yanked her hand away, "EMI!", she screamed, I turned around and looked at her, she looked scared and confused. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?", she screamed, "I don't know", I mumbled, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW?", she screamed again, "I DON'T KNOW EMILY, OK?, WHY WOULD I KNOW NOW STOP FUCKING YELLING", I screamed louder, she looked at me before her eyes filled up with tears, I sighed in frustration and kicked over the coffee table.

Then I got an idea, I walked to my parents room, I found my dads shot guns in the closet, and got as many knifes as I could, I walked back into the living room, Emily looked at me funny, "what are those for?", she asked sniffling, "you want to stay alive right?", I asked, she nodded, "then take a gun and a knife", I said holding the weapons out to her, she hesitated but grabbed them from my hands, she slung the riffle over her shoulder and put the knife in her messengers bag, I grabbed her went into the kitchen, "put the bag on the table", I ordered, she did as I asked, I opened the bag and emptied it, all of her school work fell on the table and floor, "what are you doing?", she asked, "you want to eat or starve?", I asked filling the bag with food and water. She sighed loudly, "why aren't you freaking out huh?", she asked frantically, I glared at her, "I am freaking out Emily, I'm fucking terrified", I said bitterly, "why do you seem like you know what to do?", she asked again, "it's called watching way to many syfy movies", I mumbled.

After the bag was full I went up stairs to my room and got my own bags, I filled them with everything from clothes to blankets. I walked back down stairs and me and Emily walked back outside. We got into my dads red truck, "what about keys?", she asked, I rolled my eyes and bent down messing with the wires until the engine came to life, Emily rolled her eyes, "where did you learn that, movies?", she asked, "nope, my dad", I said backing out of the drive way. "Hold on", I said punching the gas, we sped down the road, where were we going? good question, cause I don't even know the answer to that. We drove a few miles before we got our first taste of living hell, three of them were on the side of the road, they were in a circle, what they were doing, I didn't want to stay and find out. I only noticed I had slowed down when Emily started to freak out, "drive, drive, go!", she cried backing away from the window, I hit the gas and we sped off again, making the tires squeal and jerk.

We drove into the night, Emily fell asleep about an hour ago, the next town was about thirty minutes away, and I knew they had hotels, so I kept driving, trying my best to stay awake. My eyes felt heavy but I woke up when I saw something or someone in the middle of the road, I hit the breaks but hit it any way, this woke Emily up as well, "what happened?", she asked, "I think I hit one", I said, "just go", she said, "but wh-", she cut me off, "I don't care, now drive!", I put the car in drive and rolled off of what ever I hit. When we finally reached the next town it all looked the same, ruined and destroyed. I found a hotel and pulled into the parking lot, me and Emily got our things and got out, we walked to a random room and opened the door, Emily entered first but screamed and ran out, "WHAT?", I asked, "dead bodies, every were", she cried, I looked inside and saw that there was dead bodies, but you could barely tell what they were, they looked like they became someone late night snack. We tried the next room and it was ok. I locked the door and windows, we both collapsed onto the bed, "I'm so sorry", I whispered to her, she looked at me, "for what?", "everything".
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this chapter. hehe

new story.

Comment, Rec, Sub

oxoxoox

- Emi