Status: you tell us

The Dead Go Faster

Chapter 5

Jordan's PoV

After we road down the deserted highway, we finally pulled over to check out some stocks at an old gas station. Emily ruched in first, leaving Emi and I left in the truck still trying to unbuckle the seat belt. "She's a hyper one isn't she?" I mumbled. "You have no idea" Emi smirked, shooting me a glare before hoping out of the truck. "I got out and made my way inside. The smell was terrible and damn near knocked me off my feet. Emi had already ran to the back of the shop to look for a gas jug. Emily was in the corner, scavenging through some boxes for food. She looked up at me with an irritated look.

"Are you not going to help?" She asked, spitting fire practically in my direction.
"If I have to" I said, rolling my eyes at her comment. Just as Emily opened a new, well stocked box we heard a thump. "EMILY, JORDAN, HELP!" Emi screamed at the top of her lungs. Emily of coarse was the first to jump up and run towards the back room. I on the other hand was hesitant. I don't wanna die, you see. It's not like she was MY friend or anything.

Just my ride.

Moments later I heard two gun shots and a God awful noise that I suspected was the.... things. I walked in to see one squirming on the flow so I took the liberty to kick its face in so it would stop. I looked up to see Emily holding a petrified Emi in her arms. The rifle still healed tightly in her shaking hands. I went to grab it, being she was in terror or some of that shit, and I didn't want her to go shooting randomly if she got pissed. But she snatched it away.

"They tried to hurt, Emi. They tried to hurt my best fried, my family." She said in a shaky voice. "WELL THEY CAN'T HAVE HER!" She cried.
"You need to calm the fuck down! It's not like she's dead! If you're gonna act like a total idiot every time there is an attack then I'm so fucking done!" I yelled, backing away a few steps when I realized Emi was no longer in her arms. A sudden tap on my shoulder came out of nowhere, scaring the living shit out of me.
"Excuse me? What did you just say to my best friend? Who in God's name gives the right to say such an ignorant thing to her?" She said with her arms crossed.
"What God?" I smirked. Her eyes widened as she snatched Emily's arm and walked out the door.

I stayed there only to walk out and see them talking next to the truck. Emi saw me come out and whispered something in Emily's ear.
"Secrets don't make frie-" I started to say before Emily cut me off.
"Save your smart ass remarks" She said bluntly. Emi smirked.
"I knew the moment Emily brought you in that I would hate you. First you insult my friend right after she watched her friend get attacked by two mother fucking zombies and then insulted our religion, what the Hell is wrong with you!" She yelled then turned to walk towards the truck.

"Nothing is wrong with ME! You're the one getting all bitchy because I yelled at your little girl friend!"

Emily's PoV

"EXCUSE ME BITCH! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY?" Emi screamed, tuning around and walking strait for Jordan. She pulled her hand back and bitch slapped her so hard she fell onto the pavement. A smile developed on my face when I saw the blood in the side of her mouth.

"As if you little bitch. She's my cousin, and last I checked, this ain't West Virginia." She spit and walked towards the truck. "Come one Emily, lets leave the dumb ass" She barked under her breath as she climbed in the truck.

I closed the door and she started the engine. "You've always been such a good liar, Emi" I mumbled.... she smirked.

"Guilty conscience....."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its late guys I've been busy... hope you like it...... i do.

rec. sub.

Comments help!

Emily<3