Status: abandoned :( they were eventually supposed to get back together though, s o..

It Started in a Coffee Shop

5.

It was such a relief to finally get my shoes off at Evan’s. I didn’t even hesitate to take them off as soon as I walked in the door.

“Alright Coffee Shop Girl,” Well, shit, he didn’t even know my name. “I know I said Scrabble but I also got Jenga and Monopoly and Uno, but I don’t think I can handle the last two like, at all, right now. I don’t even know if I can scrabble.” He was looking into a closet he had in his living room area (he also lived in an apartment, alone). He laughed at the thought of himself being too drunk for complicated board games.

“Whatever floats your boat,” I shrugged. He looked over his shoulder at me. I was sitting on the couch, my feet tucked under me, getting kind of tired.

“I’m glad you’ve made yourself comfortable. Jenga?”

We headed to the kitchen area. I set up the pieces on the table while he made us drinks. “I hope you like rum and Coke.” It was so terribly sweet that it took me forever to finish. I had one in the time it took him to have two.

It didn’t take long for Evan to lose, and we played a second time and he lost again. “Aw, that’s some shit,” he slurred out. He leaned on the back two legs of his chair. After a moment the chair was back on all fours.

“I’m like really tired. You wanna stay? You can stay if you want but you don’t have to.”

This was it. I wanted this. I wanted to be with him, but I didn’t want to have sex with him. Not yet. I wanted to spend the night, but I was nervous about what might happen. Yet in all honesty, he looked like he was too tired to try anything at all. I thought he was going to pass out any minute at the table.

I thought for another moment before agreeing to stay. He invited me to his room to get a t-shirt to change into.

I sat on the bed while he muddled through his drawers. “This one’s my favorite,” he said, smiling at me. He handed it to me and then laid down on the bed next to me.

“Um, where’s the bathroom?”

“Ah, you can just change in here. It’s on the other side of the living room.”

“Dude, I’m not changing in front of you, I’ve known you for just a few hours.”

“Alright, well, it’s like on the left.” That was helpful. But, turns out the bathroom really was on the left side at the other end of the living room.

While changing, the question finally struck me of where I’m supposed to sleep. Am I supposed to get in the bed next to him or curl up on the couch. Couch was probably the better option. I went back to his room to ask for maybe a pillow or a blanket.

“Ah, just sleep here. No worries. It’s warm. I make it warm, ‘cause I’m warm.” He was shirtless and laying back on the bed, with the light on, still not under the covers, as if he were waiting for me.

“No really, I can sleep on the couch. I sleep on a couch at my place, kind of. It’s like one of those pull out couches.” I lived in an efficiency apartment, so my living room was my bedroom.

To my surprise, he sat up, which I wasn’t sure he was capable of. He swung his feet over the side of the bed I was standing on and reached up for my hand. “Please, Coffee Shop Girl,” he pleaded. “It’s ok, please get in the bed with me. I’m not gonna sex you up, we’re just gonna lay here, alright?”

For some reason, he desperately wanted me to lay down with him. He actually looked quite sad. It was starting to make me feel bad. So I agreed, threw my balled up dress on the floor, shut the light off and crawled in the bed.

“You really look good in my shirt, by the way. You like, looked good the whole night. And not even slutty, it’s fantastic.”

I giggled. His drunk rambling was cute, despite that it was about me. “Well, Evan, you really look good as well, without your shirt.”

“What’s your name, Coffee Shop Girl. That one girl said it the first time I saw you, but I don’t remember it. I’m sorry.”

“Bae. It’s short for Baelie, but mostly it’s just Bae.”

He was laying on his side facing me now. “Baelie,” his whispered, “Baelie.”

I turned toward him. The moonlight was bouncing off of his shiny hair and white skin in the most beautiful way. We looked at each other, or as much as we could see of each other, for what seemed liked a long while.

“You’re beautiful,” he whispered.

“Yeah, you too.”

He moved so slow, inching quietly closer to me. Heart racing, our foreheads touched. Moving slowly still, his lips ever so gently met mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
MEOW, here it is :3. Sorry it took forever. Classes have started back up, and there was a period of time where I was horribly dissatisfied with the rest of the story. But it's all ok now. Stay tuned, it's getting good ^.^