Status: Slow but active!

Powerless

The dream.

Kara eyes glossed over. Her skin was as pale as stone.Her dark matted hair laid limply on the pillow. She murmured in her sleep as images of her grave and a man with emerald eyes and dark brown hair flashed in her mind. His features blurred with every image that changed. A deep aggressive male voiced his trances...

'Mortre: Death has looked upon you you....
.. Beware the man in white skin and hasting words
A trap is where it awaits if you wield in his magic...."

Kara found herself in a forest. Watching in a distance the dark shade from the trees hid her from plain sight. A man knelt looking at a shadow of his master’s statue. "Kketro" he slithered his empty voice echoed the cloudy night sky. A ghostly black image of smoke turned into a solid being. A man who wore a black cloak his face hidden behind black mask of the statue stood in front of the lean built man.

"My son..." he said. “Arise" So the man rose his long hair shifted as the back of his head faced Kara. "Trouble has come. Bewitch the curse and change in movements...."

"What do you mean?" he asked unsure. He stood frozen in his spot. Eagerness eating him alive his unsure frown grew into a smile as if already knowing the answer.

"The powerful. Your brother has gone but he must not meet her..." he is frown deepened at the thought of his own son betraying him. "...She might be the light that could torch all we have achieved, don't..." he stopped. His eyes grew weary then playful as he scanned the forest... "Eavesdroppers are the ones who die first!..."


With a jolt Kara's eye flow open. She felt herself hyperventilating as she stared up at the ceiling. What in the world... she thought to herself. So realistic I could touch the lushes trees, breathe the sickening air though men breathed. The world death flicked in her mind replaying the warning. Who are they? She questioned. Kara put her head in her hands. "God... what do you mean of this?" she murmured to herself.

Kara rolled over her dressers in mere inches of her face. She looked at the clock and groaned. Five twenty in the morning. Kara rolled on the opposite side of the bed and groaned again. I need to pee. She scuffled.

The dread of the nightmare was another thing added to the various similar dreams this past week. Who is this guy that... is that me, the girl that they are talking about... that he is supposed to meet? Or do I have to do anything? Is this even real? Million questions rambled in her mind. She shook her head. Nope.. it is not real! Am I insane to believe it? She wanted to know. She had to believe this was just some fluke but the nagging feeling voiced her doubt.

With a sigh the bathroom was calling her name and a nice shower seemed willingly inviting.

...

Kara shuffled out of her room yawning. She wore dark blue Levi skinny jeans with a pink, black, and white flannel shirt. She made her way to the kitchen the smell of eggs awakened her senses. Who's up at this time? Amused she smiled. She walked down the hall and turned left to a pair of stairs making her way to the large living room. The television was on as the auto was turned low. She looked around. Two love seats were leaned on the wall as two recliners on both sides diagonal toward the television. A small center table separated the TV and the furniture. A huge black layered mirror hung over the two couches with pictures streaming across two other walls.

The exit towards the kitchen was on the left of the recliner. A pair of right happy emerald eyes looked at her though the doorway. "You're up early." he said as he set a plate of scrambled eggs bacon and two wheat toasts greeted her hungry eyes. "Here I was going to eat this but you can have it. I'll make more for myself before I set off to work." Her brother smiled at her as he put his hands into navy blue jeans. He wore a construction shirt from his day to day job when they needed him.

"Thanks Jake." Kara found herself towards the black table. Jake scratched his dark brown hair as he turned to the stove, which was left parallel to the table. He opened the refrigerator next to him taking out a carton of eggs, butter, milk and bacon in the counter.

Kara picked up the fork from the table and started putting her eggs on her crunchy almost burnt toast the way she liked it. "Why are you up so early?" Jake asked not looking at her. He opened the container the butter and put some into the pan. The sound of the sizzling butter made her look at Jake a little closely. Her pour eyesight always failed her on everything. She needed to seriously get contacts. Her brother cracked three eggs into a bowl. With a fork he started beating the eggs adding a little milk. He capped the container when he was down and settled it back into the refrigerator.

Kara picked up her toast full of eggs folding it in half and took a bite. With her mouth full she tried to reply sounding a little muffled. "Waz thinkin' the same."

Jake laughed a little. "I have work."

"On a Sunday?" she looked at him skeptically and took another bite. She added the bacon to her little egg sandwich.

"Yeah unfortunately one of the guys went MIA a sort while back so I'm talking his position on top of my own for a while." he said softly. He pours the contents into the pan. Her picked up his spatula and stirred the liquid mess.

"Do know why he just suddenly vanished?" Kara asked thinking back on her nightmare. She settled her fork on the table losing her appetite.

"Umm" he turned slightly from his food and looked at me. "We actually think he died." his eyes were troubled and unsure.
"What?!" she said merely a whisper. That was not what she was coming to. "Why do you guys think that?"

Jake turned to his food as he turned off the burner and settle the pan up on another burner. "You know the explosion a while back... Danny was going camping in though woods. Illegally yes I know...." My brother smirked at that. Jake turned around opening the pack of package of bacon. "... but after that happen we have no idea what makes of him... another one of the missing."

"How many people died?" Kara asked fidgeting with her fork as she moved her eggs around aimlessly.

"They said 100 died from the surrounding houses and 23 went missing out of the blue... evaporated or blown somewhere around here most likely dead..." he said gravely.

"Oh," she replied... "Was he some sort of friend of yours or something..."

"My friend Henry's mentor I feel bad for him..." he said as he began to cook the bacon. When the first one hit the pan a loud hiss filled the awkward silence. Jake sighed but looked back at his sister. "You never told me why you’re up..." he looked at her skeptically trying to change the subject.

"Couldn't sleep," Kara said simply as she got up and put her plate into the sink.

"How come...” he poked at the statement.

"Had a nightmare..." His sister looked up at him as he looked at her then to his crispy bacon. Kara went over to him and opened the loaf of bread.

"Another one?" he asked compassion in his voice. She pulled two slices of bread into the silver toaster for her brother.

"Yeah... Um... I might be late for dinner tonight I'm going out with some friends later today." Kara said looking at the door that screamed freedom beyond closed doors.

"Okay..." he said looking a little worried. He placed his bacon on a plate with his eggs. The toast popped up. He grabbed the slices and added butter. He took a fork out and began to eat his food the same way Kara did. Placing the eggs on the toast and added some bacon into it.

"Um... Okay then..." Kara said she began toward towards the door. "I'll see you then. Have a good day at work."

"Thank you...Oh I thought you said later today?" he asked between mouthfuls.

"Going out for a walk to clear my thought’s that's all," Kara said looking at him with a smile.

"Gotcha your keys?"

"Yup," Kara opened the door.

"Well see later then. Have a nice day." he said. Kara nodded and shut the door. Today felt like and interesting day, she thought to herself. Hmm, I wonder what his worker looked like... She walked out into the side walk into the neighborhood...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Questions? Opinions? Tell me what YOU think!

Thank you for Commenting:
unapalomayunaflor


The more comments I get the faster I update :)