Status: 40 subscribers! Thanks for reading :) I update whenever I guess. It ranges from every day to once a week.

We Found Love Lost Under The Shade

Chapter 6

A few hours passed and the party started to die down. Most people were leaving and driving home at such an early hour; the sober ones, that is. For the inebriated guests, they were passed out all over the house in strange places; a few were in the living room on the couches and on the floor, one person was sleeping on the kitchen table, and others found the bedrooms and slept in there. Luckily Vic was one of the sober people and had a way of getting home.

After the incident with Jaime, Vic found Austin and was talking to him and a few other people for the remainder of the party. When it came time to go back home, Vic suggested driving him and Austin home, because he was the designated driver now.

‘Hey, you ready to leave?’ Austin nodded and Vic took his arm, leading him outside. He stumbled quite a bit but Vic got him into the car and was ready to go. But before he got into the car, his heart stopped and his stomach dropped.

‘Shit, where’s Jaime?’ he said in a panicked tone. How the fuck could he forget about Jaime? Vic instantly felt guilty and ran back into the house, hoping to find him sleeping or something.

Walking into each of the seemingly ransacked rooms, Vic was getting worried; he hasn’t found Jaime yet. ‘Jaime?’ he asked walking into the master bedroom. There was a bathroom connected to the room so he walked in hoping to find him. Relief washed over Vic when he saw Jaime slumped over by the toilet, assuming he passed out after throwing up. He felt a pang in his heart; this was his fault. He shouldn’t have given him that drink and let him get drunk. He was feeling guilty all over again because Jaime looked like such a train wreck, and it made him feel a bit sad.

Vic nudged him a bit and tried sitting him up. ‘Jaime, wake up.’ He only grunted a bit in response. Thank God he was waking up. ‘Jaime, let’s get you home,’ Vic said sympathetically, grabbing his arm to get him up. He moaned while struggling to get up and balanced himself by resting a hand on the wall.

‘What… what’s going on..’ Jaime questioned, barely above a whisper. ‘I’m sorry..’ was all Vic could respond. He could tell Jaime was in for a hell of a hangover and felt bad for him.

He swung Jaime’s arm over his shoulder and wrapped his arm around his waist to get a good grip on him so they could walk out to his car. Vic felt the butterflies beginning to form in his stomach from being so close to him; it only reminded him of last night. Though he was drunk, Vic could only think about what that kiss meant. Did Jaime secretly think he was cute? Was Jaime even gay? Either way, he was hoping it was more than drunken stupidity because Vic wouldn’t admit it, but he liked kissing Jaime. It felt…. nice. He felt sparks and his stomach did flips when their lips were colliding. But he wasn’t sure how to tell Jaime what happened, or if he even should.

They reached the car and he placed Jaime in the back seat, letting him lay down and possibly fall back asleep. Austin was in the passenger seat, groaning because of his headache. Vic started the car and began driving back to Austin’s house first.

After getting him into his house safely, Vic began driving to Jaime’s house. He looked back to find him asleep, snoring. His hair was slightly ruffled and flat, not sticking up how he usually styled it. Putting his attention back to the road, he noticed the sun peaking over the horizon. Damn, it was already that time? Vic groaned, he hated the mornings, and driving in the direction of the sun’s rays didn’t make him like it anymore.

He pulled into Jaime’s driveway and got out of the car to wake him and get him inside. ‘Jaime, it’s time. Get up,’ Vic said quietly while shaking him a little. His eyes fluttered open and he squinted due to the sun. Jaime gave him a confused look and began to sit up. Vic pulled him out of the car and they started walking to his front door.

‘Hey, where are your keys?’ Vic questioned. It’s not like there was any other way to get in his house. Jaime sat for a moment, processing his question before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a key ring with several keys. He sorted through them before picking the one that opened his front door.

Vic was shocked at how nice his house was when they walked in. It was slightly bigger than his own and it was beautifully decorated with nice furniture. Though it was nice, it didn’t feel very welcoming; it felt bare and cold almost.

Jaime trudged up the stairs to where Vic guessed was his bedroom and he followed behind him. He sat down onto his bed and sighed from exhaustion and probably pain. Vic came and sat next to him on his bed, only a few inches apart.

‘How do you feel?’ Vic asked, his voice full of concern. ‘Like shit,’ Jaime replied weakly with a small laugh. Vic looked down at his hands, thinking of what to say to him.

‘I’m sorry I dragged you along to that party. You must have a horrible hangover, I shouldn’t have let you drink,’ Vic rambled. Jaime looked at him and smiled. ‘It’s okay; it wasn’t that bad. It was actually kind of fun, from what I remember anyways.’

‘What do you remember?’ Vic wondered, maybe he remember what happened between them. Jaime sat for minute, recollecting his thoughts. ‘Umm, I remember playing some beer pong with a few guys, I danced with some girls, and I talked with you for a while. Oh, and puking my guts out. I wish I didn’t remember that,’ he said with a small chuckle.

‘Oh,’ was all Vic could say. He was too busy thinking up a way to bring up the kiss. His heart started to race when thinking about it. ‘Um, I don’t really know how to say this… but, uh..’ Vic began, trailing off. Jaime looked at him with curiosity, wanting to know what he had to say. ‘Fuck it. You kissed me last night, Jaime. You were so drunk, you probably didn’t mean it.’

His cheeks turned red and his eyes went wide; he was now remembering what happened. It wasn’t just him being drunk that made him kiss Vic, he was just acting out sober thoughts. Ever since the two of them started hanging out, Jaime had grown an attraction towards him. It started out as a small crush, nothing out of the ordinary, but now it was growing to be a strong liking. He wasn’t really sure what was happening, considering he has never had feelings for a guy; he was thinking he might even be bisexual.

‘O-oh, wow,’ he choked out. ‘That must have been weird. I don’t know, people do weird things while drunk,’ he added, lying a bit.

Vic was good at reading body language and could tell there was something more behind what Jaime was saying. He was fidgeting with his hands, becoming nervous when they brought up the subject. Wow, I hope this isn’t awkward, Vic thought.

‘I, um, it wasn’t that weird actually…’ Vic started to say. He was hoping he wouldn’t regret what he was about to say. This was all so weird for him; he kissed a guy last night, and surprisingly liked it. Getting to know Jaime, he began liking him; he thought he was really cute and sweet. And for some reason he thought that his shyness was adorable. Vic bit his lip before continuing.

‘I kissed you back…look, I don’t know what it is, but…I like you,’ he finally got out, quickly saying the last few words. Jaime’s eyes widened at those 3 simple words. Funny how 3 words can cause so many emotions.

‘I-um, what?’ was what Jaime could get out. He was so confused as to what Vic was saying; did he really say that? This was almost unbelievable. He started blushing before trying to reply to Vic’s statement, but was stopped by a pair of lips on his.

He was caught off guard but immediately reacted, closing his eyes. Vic’s hands returned to Jaime’s waist like they were last night, bringing him slightly closer. His touch almost felt electrified; it was definitely a better feeling kissing him now than when he was drunk. But before they could continue and deepen the kiss, Vic pulled away.

‘Get the picture?’ Vic asked, his cheeks were red, feeling a little embarrassed that he actually made that move. ‘I-yeah, I like you too Vic,’ Jaime said. A smile tugged at his lips and couldn’t stop it, nor did he want to. To say he was happy was a bit of an understatement. It felt pretty good to know someone like Vic had the same feelings towards him.

‘But, I didn’t know you were.. gay?’ Jaime questioned shyly. Vic shrugged his shoulders in response. ‘I don’t know. I don’t think I am. What about you; are you gay?’

‘I don’t think so…I mean, I like you so I’m probably not straight. Maybe we could… like, figure ourselves out?’ Jaime asked, questioning his own response. Was that the right thing to say; ‘figuring ourselves out’?

Vic smiled and nodded in agreement. ‘Yeah, I think that we could do that.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one day?! Yeah, I was a bit excited about the last chapter, so. Tell me what you think :)