Status: 40 subscribers! Thanks for reading :) I update whenever I guess. It ranges from every day to once a week.

We Found Love Lost Under The Shade

Chapter 9

First period ended and the halls were starting to fill with students heading to their next class of the day. Vic was walking out of English and down the hall to find Jaime who was walking out of his U.S. History. Jaime was greeted by a smiling Vic and gladly smiled back, beginning to walk to French together. They mainly talked about their presentations for class and groaned about it. But to be honest, they didn't mind too much; the two got to be with each other and it made the class work less boring.

The whole period consisted of students presenting projects on boring people no one really cared about, causing most students to yawn and complain. Jaime and Vic weren't very bored, though; they were mostly involved with each other. Whether it was them laughing about the kid presenting or they were just looking at one another. It was more in a flirty way than anything.

Luckily, they were sparred and the class ran out of time before they could present. After grabbing their backpacks, Jaime and Vic made their way to the cafeteria, hoping to meet their friends on the way. They ended up finding Austin and Alan while walking down the stairs. Vic and Jaime caught up with them and the 4 walked to the cafeteria.

After sitting down with their food they of course were followed by Jack and Jesse, sitting down next to them.

'Hey Vic! Hey Hime Time!' Jack said maybe a little too loud. Jesse laughed, remembering the nickname while Jaime smiled. The two had made up the nickname while drunk at the party at Jesse's house that one weekend.

'Why don't I have a nickname? I'm cool enough!' Jesse complained sarcastically. 'Cause you don't have a cool name. How're you supposed to make a nickname out of Jesse?' Jack replied.

'Well, it's not my fault..' he said with a fake pout. They boys laughed at him and started talking about inside jokes and what not. Jaime and Vic weren't paying much attention, seeing that they were in their own conversation.

'So, you want to hang out today?' Vic asked. 'Yeah, that'd be cool. What do you want to do?' Vic sat for a moment before shrugging. 'I don't know.. I mean, we could go to my house. My parents are kind of peeved that I'm always gone now,' he answered, while shuffling closer causing their thighs to touch. Jaime smiled slightly. 'Yeah, sure. Sounds great.'

Vic began flirting with him by placing his hand on Jaime's thigh, tracing small circles, giving him butterflies. But it was interrupted by a familiar face a few tables away. Rachel gave him a smile and a small wave, making his stomach do small flips. On instinct he pulled his hand away from Jaime and smiled back at her. Vic wasn't really sure what he was feeling, or what he wanted; he had the two people he liked in the same room with him.

Jaime was a bit thrown off when Vic pulled his hand away and smiled at Rachel. He wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean but didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Of course, Vic is just friends with her, but he seemed to get nervous afterward. Jaime pushed the thought out of his mind, knowing it was stupid to think.

Jack noticed and looked over at Vic and wiggled his eyebrows, followed by Jesse winking at him. 'Oh Fuentes, I see the way you look at her.'

Vic's cheeks turned red. 'Shut up.'

~

School ended and most people were walking out of the building to see friends or heading to their cars. Jaime walked out and looked around to find Vic standing by a tree, looking at his phone. He walked up and stood in front of him, not saying a word.

'Uh, Vic?' he questioned. Vic looked up and laughed a little. 'Oh, sorry,' he said while his lips formed into a smile. 'Do you want to go back to your house..?' Jaime suggested. Vic let out a small sigh and replied, 'We have to wait for my little brother Mike. He always takes so fucking long.' He just laughed at his response. 'That's fine, I don't really mind waiting.'

And it seemed almost on cue, Mike was walking out the front doors towards Vic, seeming like this was a spot Vic stayed when waiting for him. The three walked towards Vic's car and piled in, having Vic drive shortly after. The 20 minute car drive seemed to pass so quickly while the two brothers argued the whole way home. Jaime didn't mind listening to them fight, he found it a bit humorous.

They arrived at the small house that Jaime was not all too familiar with. Mike immediately hopped out of the car and walked into the house while Vic and Jaime started getting out of the car. They entered the house to already hear the sound muffled punk rock coming from Mike's room downstairs. Vic simply ignored it and walked up the stairs to his room with Jaime following right behind him. He closed the door and sat down on his bed, leaving Jaime to stand awkwardly in the middle of his room, not sure of what to do. Vic chuckled at how he was standing there, being his shy usual self.

'You know, you can sit down here,' he said, patting the spot next to him. Jaime uncomfortably walked over and sat down next to him, but he felt less weird after sitting down. He looked down at his hands, unsure of what to do or say.

'Um, so, what do you want to do?' Jaime asked a little awkwardly, looking back at Vic. Vic looked over and locked eyes with him, grabbing his face and kissing him. He pulled away and Jaime felt a little surprised. They've kissed a few times before but he still felt the the butterflies in his stomach each time.

'Well, I guess that answers my question,' Jaime said, chuckling a little at his own statement. 'Yeah, basically. God, I've been waiting to do that all day,' Vic replied. And before Jaime could say anything, Vic had reconnected their lips. Jaime placed his hands on Vic's waist to pull him closer while Vic's arms wrapped around his neck. Jaime's heart was starting to race and by the way he felt, this might as well be the first time him and Vic had ever had any kind of sexual contact. He loved feeling of Vic's lips on his, and how his arms wrapped around his neck. Jaime couldn't help but feel comfortable and...happy in this position. But at the same time he felt slightly weird; this is the first time in his life he has had feelings for a guy. But he didn't mind too much; he was happy, and that's all that matters, right?

Both to the boys' dismay, they heard the front door close and footsteps downstairs. Startled, they pulled away from each other and tried to compose themselves. Jaime grabbed his phone and pretended to be interested in the text messages on his screen. Only a few moments later there was a small knock on Vic's door and it was opened to find his mother standing there.

'Hello Victor,' she said, 'And who's this? It's...?'

'Jaime,' Vic said, finishing her sentence. She nodded and smiled. 'Yes, I remember. Well, it's nice to see you're home and have a friend with you. You're welcome to stay for dinner tonight.' Jaime frowned slightly. 'I, um, I actually have to leave in a few hours, so I don't think I'll be able to.'

'Oh, that's a shame. Well, you can always come over another time. It was nice to meet you, Jaime,' she said, beginning to walk out of the room. He only nodded in response, though she obviously couldn't see him.

The two sat for a few minutes in silence, not knowing of what to really say until Vic spoke up. 'Oh! I was going to ask you, are you doing anything Saturday?' He shook his head, 'No, not that I know of. Why?' Vic stood up and walked over to his dresser. 'Well, this band I like, The Used, is having a concert on Saturday,' he began, pulling out 2 tickets, 'I was wondering if you wanted to go?'

'I'd love to. That seems awesome, but I've never heard of The Used..' Jaime said. Vic sat in somewhat shock, 'What? You're kidding me! You'll have to listen to them!' Jaime chuckled at how he reacted.

'We're going to listen to them now, you know, so you get a feel of how they sound.' Vic opened up a CD case and put a CD into his stereo, pressing play. 'This album's called 'In Love and Death'; it's my favorite.'

Jaime and Vic spent the next 45 minutes straight, listening to that album Vic insisted on having Jaime listen to. By the end of it, Jaime had found a new band that he was fond of. Vic was practically gushing over each individual song and was ecstatic when Jaime had told him he really liked it.

Jaime ended up leaving shortly after and the two had only one thing on their mind. Not to mention they had a reason to wake up in the morning until Saturday.

~

Vic was standing in front of his mirror, fixing the last bit of his outfit. He was constantly checking the time, wanting it to be 4:00 already. He sighed when he saw the clock only said 3:00; one more hour. One more hour until he went to pick up and Jaime and wait 3 hours in a line outside the venue. To say he excited was an understatement, not only was he going to a concert for his favorite band, he was going with his friend and/or crush. To be honest, Vic didn't know what to call him. Either way, he was going to be spending the night with him and that's all that mattered.

Sitting on his bed, Jaime played on his phone, hoping to pass the time and maybe calm down. He was extremely nervous for too many reasons. He wanted to look good and maybe even impress Vic? He was hoping his outfit looked okay. But Jaime was also nervous that he was going to fuck something up at the concert. He was so awkward and dumb, he knew something bad would happen.

He heard a familiar buzzing sound and a felt a vibration and looked down at his phone, alarmed.

From Vic: Come outside, I'm here :)

Jaime jumped up from his bed and looked in the mirror, checking his hair one last time.

'I'm such a fucking girl.'

He walked out and sat in Vic's car to see Vic sitting there smiling at him.

'Ready?' Jaime nodded and Vic began driving to the venue.

~

The opening bands played and the lights started dimming, the crowd pushed towards the barricade and waited for The Used to come on stage.

Jaime and Vic were lucky enough to be only a few feet away from the barricade; all thanks to getting there early enough.

They heard the bass and felt it in their chests, and they saw all the members run onto the stage. The crowd yelled and cheered as the guitarist and bassist ran up on the risers and the lead singer came up to the microphone.

'What the fuck is up San Diego?!' Bert yelled. Vic and Jaime cheered along with the rest of the crowd, feeling extremely pumped.

'Alright, this one's called Sound Effects and Overdramatics!'

Vic turned and smiled at Jaime; this was the start to one the best concerts of the year.

~

Jumping and screaming the lyrics to each song with all his heart, Vic was having fun, if you could even say 'fun' described it. Though Jaime didn't know half the songs, he was having a great time jumping and feeling the bass in his chest, along with everyone around him enjoying this as much as him.

They finished the song and Vic and Jaime stopped, catching their breath. Without words, the two looked at each other and grinned, in a way saying that they were happy.

The next song kicked in and after a few seconds, the boys realized what song it was; I Caught Fire.

Seemed to stop my breath

My head on your chest, waiting to cave in

From the bottom of my...

Hear your voice again

Can we dim the sun and wonder where we've been?

Maybe you and me

So kiss me like you did

My heart stopped beating; such a softer sin.

Weird enough, this song struck a massive chord in both of them; something about this song made them feel extremely happy. They didn't even jump and sing along, though they knew the lyrics. Though Vic's heart was beating like crazy and his palms were sweating, for more reasons than one, he grabbed Jaime's hand and intertwined their fingers.

Jaime took notice and looked down to see Vic had grabbed his hand. He couldn't stop the smile spreading across his face as he looked at Vic. It was almost pure bliss, this moment. For those 4 minutes that seemed to last an eternity, in the middle of that huge crowd, the two felt like the only people on earth. Vic and Jaime stood there, holding hands in silence enjoying the moment until the ending of the song.

'Let's sleep till the sun burns out. I'm melting in your eyes..' they both sang together.

(aha ah ha ah can you say cheesy or what. sorry bUT THAT'S SO FREAKING CUTE I FELT LIKE CRYING).
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about the beginning; i'm really bad at writing the beginning of chapters. and also about skipping a lot, i just really wanted to write the concert cause PERF anyways yeah
i think you guys are really great <3 i love seeing i have a new subscriber or new comment. it's kind of awesome you guys like my story considering it's my first real fic
oh p.s. this took my like 4 hours so lOVE ME AND COMMENT i love you guys a lot.