Status: One and Done

Beautiful Goodbye

1/1

**Jonathan's POV**

And I remember your eyes were so bright

When we first met I fell fast. She was everything I ever wanted in a girl. She made me laugh,took my breath away, amazed me each and every day. But now things are different. I have to leave now. I want her to come with me, but I know that isn't possible. I love her too much to ask that of her. I remember the first day we met.....

~~Flashback~~

Why and the hell was I in a park? I don't have a kid. One of my friends dragged me to a damn park so I could spend time with him. I would have rather been in a bar right now but someone forgot to use a condom. Now I am in a park pushing a two year old girl on the swing.

"Sasha, you have to hold on with both hands." I told the little girl. I was very nervous that she was going to fall out of the swing. I would have been less on edge is Jeff was spending time with his daughter and wasn't flirting with some nanny that was also at the park.

"Christine come back here!" I heard a female shout from behind me. Before I knew it, a little girl was gripping onto my leg. "Oh, I am so sorry." I looked up to see most beautiful girl. She had blonde curly hair, and the most piercing blue eyes.

"It's not problem. I'm Jon by the way." I said before sticking my hand out so she could shake it.

"I'm Kayla." What a beautiful name.

"So, is this your daughter?" I asked. I hoped she wasn't because if she had a daughter that would most likely mean some sort of male attachment.

"Oh no, this is my sister's daughter. I am only babysitting."

"I know the feeling, my best friend is flirting with that girl while I watch his daughter." I said gesturing to Jeff.

She laughed. I could get used to that laugh. "Well I should get going." I couldn't let her leave before I had a way of seeing her again.

"Wait!" She turned around and looked at me again. "Can I have your number? I want to take you out, we could compare babysitting horror stories." She laughed again.

"Yeah sure, give me your phone and I will put my number in." She set down the little girl and took my phone and put her number in. "Talk to you later Jonny." She said before walking away. I loved the way my name ran off her tongue.

~~End Flashback~~

And now I'm kissing your tears goodnight

"Kayla, do you want to go out for dinner." I asked while walking into my bedroom. She didn't answer me. She was facing the wall, tucked comfortably under the sheets. I thought she was asleep until I heard the sobs. "Baby whats wrong?" I asked as I crawled onto the bed.

"I don't want you to go." She said before crying more.

you're even perfect when you cry

"Kayla look at me." I said and she sat up and faced me. It amazed me that she looked so beautiful with a tear stained face. "This isn't goodbye, you can come visit me."

"I know, but if I get a job here I will barely get to see you." She wrapped her arms around me. "I think this is the end Jonny." She said before kissing me. I broke down and kissed her.

I grip you tight but you're slipping out

"What are you talking about?" I asked her as I held her face in my hands.

"Let's face it. You will find someone much better than me back in Chicago. I'm just a journalist in Winnipeg." I shook my head in disbelief.

"But I love you. I won't find anyone like you. You are too beautiful to say goodbye to."

Clever words can't help me now

"I love you too Jonny." She sighed and looked down at her hands. "I want you to go back and play. I don't want you to dwell on me. When you think of me, think of when you told me that you loved me."

"But Kayla-" She shook her head.

All the pain you try to hide
Shows through your mascara lines
As they stream down from your eyes


"It's easier this way Jonny." She said through tears before kissing me again. Then she pulled away and left. She was gone.

Beautiful goodbye

~~Flashback~~

"Ahh!" She screamed as she wobbled on her skates. I laughed as she held on to me for dear life.

"Just hold on to me baby." She looked at me with a serious expression.

"You better not let go of me." She said before placing her lips on mine.

"I would never let someone I love fall." The words were out of my mouth before I knew what I had said. Her head shot up.

"What did you say?" She asked with wide eyes.

I gulped. "I said I love you, and it's true."

"Oh Jonny! I love you too." She said looking into my eyes. I kissed her and spun her around in a circle.

"Say it again." I whispered to her. She took my face in her hands.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

When I first met you, so in love that night

~~End Flashback~~

It was windy day in Chicago. April had just begun and I still felt numb. I missed her so much, but I will myself not to think about her. I walked down the street dreading what I had to do today. I had to go to some interview for a magazine, we were meeting at a coffee shop. I walked into the shop and searched the crowd. I didn't even know what this women looked like.

"Jon?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I gasped. It couldn't be. I turned around and was met with those piercing blue eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I couldn't stay away. So I got a job here." She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around me. I wrapped my arms around her and finally felt at home.

"Why are you in the coffee shop?" I asked her, still wrapped in her embrace.

"I requested your interview." I chuckled, it sounded like her.

"Where do you live?" She laughed this time. Oh, how I missed that laugh.

"I was going to ask you, whats your address, because that's where I am staying." I looked at her.

"Okay, you are welcome to live with me. I am never letting you go again." I said before placing my lips on hers. I missed her perfect lips. Once we pulled away from the kiss I took in her appearance. She seemed thinner, probably from stress. "You look beautiful." I told her.

"I love you Jonny."

"I love you too Kayla. Let's go home baby." I said wrapping my arm around her and leading her out of the coffee shop.

And let them go, let them fly
Holding back won't turn back time
Believe me, I've tried
And I remember your eyes were so bright
When I first met you, so in love that night
And now I'm kissing your tears goodnight
And I can't take it, you're even perfect when you cry
♠ ♠ ♠
The Lockout is over!!!! Glad they finally got their shit together!

Hope you enjoyed it!

Comment! Friend!

Here are Kayla's Outfits:

Park Outfit

Bedroom

Skating

Coffee Shop