On the Run

Harry Styles

Harry tossed his clothes into the small duffle bag, not caring where they landed. When the girls had given him the bag, everything had been neat and organized, but that was before he got his hands on it.

He was used to quickly shoving clothes in places that they didn’t belong, and his process didn’t involve folding or avoiding wrinkles.

When he’d gotten every bit shoved in that he could, he zipped up the bag easily and tossed it onto the floor.

After fluffing up his hair, he stepped out of his lonely motel room, to head over to Louis’s, where he hoped to find most of the group. He was sure when the others woke up they’d head to his room first thing, so they could plan the day ahead, and Harry was looking forward to telling them the good news.

His hand pressed against the door, knocking quickly, and he heard the light stepping off feet, followed by the turning of the knob.

“Did you check who it was?” Louis asked from inside the room.

Caroline responded, her voice soft. “Yes, it’s just Harry.”

At that, the door slid open, and she stood smiling at him, her hair in a tangled mess. He didn’t have to ask how it had gotten that way.

“Come in,” Caroline said, stepping to the side to let him come in. She walked back over to the bed, sitting at the foot of it as she looked up at him. “How’d you sleep?”

“Well, thanks.” He fluffed his hair in his hands, as he sat in the empty bed opposite her. “After my watch shift, I passed right out.”

She chuckled. “Louis just finished up his. He’s jumping in the shower right now.”

The running of the water in the other room solidified her statement, and she smiled at that.

Harry’s eyes fell to hers, and the sight of the deep blue brought him back to the day before, when she’d helped nurse him back to health. Her soft hands wiped his forehead, cleaning the gash so delicately. The whole time she touched him, her eyes were on his, as she attempted to comfort him through his pain and dizziness. Even now, when he looked in those eyes, he felt that comfort.

Pulling his eyes away, Harry placed his hands in his laps, picking at his nails with his fingers. It was a bad habit he had, but he couldn’t help it.

“I’ve got some good news,” Harry said, looking back up at her from beneath his curls.

Her face lit up at that, and he couldn’t help but chuckle at her bright smile. She really was a beautiful girl.

“What is it?”

“Should I wait for the others?”

Caroline shook her head quickly. “Tell me now.”

He smiled at her eagerness, his dimple covering his face. “I just heard back from my contact in Mexico. If we can get 10 grand, he can have us across the border by the end of the week.”

Her eyes grew wide, as a squeal left her lips. She hopped quickly up, tackling Harry in her excitement. He fell back onto the bed, with her on top of him, as she continuously laughed into his ear. Her cheek was pressed against his, and just the light touch of that skin brought his mind back to thoughts of her saving him that day. He wondered if she knew how much that affected him.

He pressed his hands lightly onto her hips, trying to calm her down without crossing any boundaries.

“Harry, that’s wonderful,” she said, laughter covering her voice. “I can’t believe it.”

Her arms were wrapping more tightly around him, as she squealed again. “I’ve got to go tell Louis.”

With that, she was pulled away from him, heading to the steam filled bathroom. She shut the door behind her, but even through the wall and the running water, he could hear the excitement in her sweet voice, and it caused his smile to widen.

Shaking his head, he stood up from the bed and headed out the door. His bags were already packed, but he could tell the others to pack theirs. He didn’t know how soon the rest of the group wanted to be on the road, but he knew he hoped to be within the hour.

The sooner they could get to the border, the sooner they could be safe, and that was all he wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys, it's Katie(:
I hope everyone is enjoying this story so far!
Could this contact in Mexico be their savior??