On the Run

Liam Payne

The warm breeze was perfect as Liam lounged in a beach chair, looking into the bright, blue waters of Fiji. His eyes was still swollen, his split lip only just beginning to heal, as he let the warm sunlight wash over him. The small island was exactly what he needed to relax, the calm waves of the ocean helping his murderous daydreams of Enzo float out to sea. Well, the story in the morning paper had helped a bit too, that he had to admit. He smirked as he picked up the thumbed through pages beside him, watching as they fell open to the headlining story.

DEA’s huge cocaine bust in Mexico: DEA says Enzo Mazetti is a prime suspect

Liam knew that Enzo would find a fall guy. Some poor little runt who wanted to prove himself, or had angered Enzo, who would take the sentence. But that wasn’t what left a smile on his plump lips. As Liam continued to glance over the photos of the cocaine stash he knew that a lot of cokeheads, dealers, even celebrities and politicians, were all about to get very, very angry. He also knew that Enzo kept nearly his entire operation in the one building because the security was so spot on thanks to Liam. So now Enzo had lost almost six-hundred million in his sales.

Without a good third of his income it was going to become more difficult for the kingpin to keep the cops rich and silent, which meant that maybe in the future, Enzo might be right where he’d tried to send Liam. With that thought Liam let out a satisfied sigh, leaning back and letting his eyes slip shut.

“Reading the paper again?” He let his eyes open slowly, moving to the pair of long, tan legs beside him. They hesitated at the bandage on her thigh, but he knew the cut beneath would heal soon enough. He continued to look up, taking in the white bikini before he was finally met with the stunning blue eyes that matched the ocean before him.

“Just taking my victory in Katherine.” He chuckled.

“Well, don’t let your head get too swelled up, pride is one hell of a weakness.” He chuckled at that, looking up at her before wrapping his arm around her waist. He pulled her down into his lap, watching as she gave him that smirk he had come to adore.

“I’ve heard the same thing about beautiful women.” He cooed. “Especially dangerous ones like you.”

“And what exactly makes me dangerous, Mr. Payne?” She teased.

“Well, you can shoot a lot better than me and…” He paused, bouncing his eyebrows at her. “I always seem to be the first one to fall asleep.”

“Well it’s not my fault you always have to be in charge.” She shot back. He sat up, pulling her closer to him.

“I guess you’ll just have to tie me up then.” She rolled her eyes before letting them settle one the newspaper again.

“So how did the DEA find the coke? I thought you had it locked up tighter than a chastity belt?” Liam chuckled, running one of his fingers down the page until it hit the sentence he was looking for. Katherine narrowed her eyes before looking at it, smiling at Liam. He then read the words, having memorized them.

“The DEA found the stash after having received an anonymous tip. The tipster warned the DEA of all the booby traps, false doors, and even gave the code to the safe. The tipster is believed to be an ex-member of the Viche and has not yet come forward.” There was a long pause as Katherine looked at him, letting out a short sigh.

“He’ll kill you.” She whispered. Liam shrugged, grinning.

“He won’t have the resources to find me.” He assured. “Besides, I’m thinking of changing my name.”

“Oh really? What to?” He simply looked at her, chewing his lower lip.

“I don’t know, maybe Smith. Liam Smith.”

“Smith.” Katherine repeated, nodding. “It’s alright.”

“Oh?”

“I think Liam Saint would sound much better personally.” He leaned up, his nose brushing against hers.

“Do you now?” She nodded. “And why’s that?”

“It’s the perfect fake name. Like Katherine Saint.” He narrowed his eyes at her and she grinned. “You didn’t think I’d give Enzo a fake name without having a backup fake name, did you?”

“So, what is your real name then?” He asked, letting one of his hands slip around her waist. She simply shrugged, smirking.

“Maybe I’ll tell you, some day.”

“Or today.” He pressed. She giggled, jumping out of his arms and onto the warm sand.

“Don’t be in such a hurry.” She teased. He stood, determined not to let her get away as he stood in front of her.

“Why not?” She then stood on her toes, pressing a soft kiss to his collar bone.

“You’ve got a whole lifetime to find out who I am.” She murmured against his skin. “But for now, I think it’s more fun to tease you.” She smiled, beaming up at him as he pressed his lips softly to hers.

“Sounds like a plan.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, Liam is still in the dark!
But I think he likes it there :)

oxoxoxox
LS