On the Run

Niall Horan

Things had been rough since the day they left that warehouse. Niall never really did trust Enzo, so even though he said they were free to go, he still had many restless nights where he couldn’t seem to fall asleep.

Luckily, it seemed like anytime he had trouble getting to bed, Gianna did too, so they’d meet wherever they could, even though they knew her father would never approve.

Enzo had never really accepted that Niall and Gianna were a couple, though they had made it official just a few days after they got back to the states. Gianna’s mother loved Niall, but Enzo would never trust anyone who tried to date his baby girl. Niall knew that, but it didn’t stop him from loving Gianna with everything he had.

He was going over to Gianna’s again – to that huge mansion surrounded by the tallest fence Niall had ever seen – to have dinner with her and her parents. With any luck, Enzo would skip out again, like he usually did, and tend to some sort of business that may or may not actually exist.

Before Niall could enter the building, the guards patted him down for any weapons, which he would never carry. No matter how many times he went into that house, he still got the search.

After they had cleared him to go, he walked up to the front door and tapped twice before immediately being met with Gianna’s smiling face.

“You look beautiful,” he said, motioning towards her floral dress and curled hair. “What’s the occasion?”

Gianna chuckled, shaking her head as she reached out for Niall’s hand. “We’re having dinner, silly.”

“You didn’t have to get all dressed up for me.”

“It’s not for you,” Gianna said, smiling up at him as they walked through the threshold of her home. “It’s for my father.”

Niall was startled by that, his eyebrows furrowing on his head. “He’s coming?”

Gianna nodded. “He promised.”

Since the day they left that warehouse, Niall had spoken maybe two words total to Enzo, so the prospect of having to sit with him through an entire dinner was terrifying.

Gianna noticed his nerves and leaned over, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

“It’s going to be fine,” she promised. “He’s going to love you.”

Niall chuckled, because they both knew that wasn’t true, but with Gianna holding onto his hand for safety, he was sure he could manage one civilized dinner with the leader of the Viche.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can you believe this story is over?!
I know I can't!
At least they all got their (somewhat) happy endings (;