Status: in writing!

Flesh and Bone.

my ship went down.

Carina picked at the scratchy fabric of the chair that sat in Principal McEntyre’s office. She bounced her foot up and down, doing anything to ignore the conversation that was going on around her. She looked at the exhausted looks on her parent’s faces as they listened to Principal McEntyre drone on about Carina’s behavioral “problems.” Carina bit her lip and rolled her eyes, wishing she were anywhere but there. Her quiet thoughts were interrupted when the principal cleared her throat. “Miss Wilson, are you even listening to what I am saying?”

Carina cleared her throat and fixed her posture, sitting up in the chair. She nodded and stared at the principal, hoping she would repeat what she had said. Principal McEntyre stared at Carina for another moment and narrowed her eyes before turning her attention to Mr. and Mrs. Wilson. “As I was saying, I think it would be best if Carina started seeing a professional. It might alleviate whatever she is feeling.” Carina watched as the color drained from her mother’s face and silently shook her head. Carina scoffed and rolled her eyes, waiting to hear her mother’s response.

Mrs. Wilson sat in the chair with a clear look of discomfort on her stressed and nearly wrinkled face. Her life and job as a lawyer had certainly taken a toll on her. She cleared her throat and sighed, grasping the bridge of her nose tightly. She looked back at the principal and shook her head. “Is there…anything else we can do? I don’t see that as an option.” She looked at her husband, who sat quietly in the chair next to her. Mr. Wilson didn’t say anything. He never did.

Principal McEntyre shifted her eyes between Carina and her parents, seeing that this would be a difficult road. She clasped her hands together and sighed. “There is one other option. Every Wednesday after school there is a group therapy session for students. I think it would be a good idea for Carina to attend.” Carina nodded as her mother sighed and her father stayed speechless. The principal dismissed them and Carina’s parents followed her out of the office.

Mrs. Wilson grabbed Carina’s shoulder and spun her around as tears filled in her eyes. “Carina, what happened to you?” Her mother held her cheek and waited for a response. “Why are you acting like this?” Carina pulled away from her mother and looked her in the eyes.

Carina sighed and held her gaze on her mother. “You know what happened.” Her voice had a slight chill in it and she exhaled deeply, holding her gaze even longer. “And really, Mom? Can you cut the caring mother shit? Why change now?” Her mother become stone and her father stood in silence. Mrs. Wilson nodded once and backed up, giving Carina her space.

“We’ll see you later, after your session.” Carina nodded and turned around, walking down the hallway. She quickly went to her locker and grabbed her books, sighing. She glanced at the picture inside of her locker and ran her finger over it. She bit her lip and savored the moment of silence. She heard a bang and looked down the hallway. Her eyes narrowed she tried not to gag as she saw the couple a few lockers down, fooling around.

Of course, it was him. Alex Gaskarth, the high school “it” boy. Too many girls wanted him and too many boys wanted to be him. Carina cringed as the girl giggled as Alex tickled her. Yet, Carina couldn’t help but smirk because this girl had no idea what she had gotten herself into. Mr. Gaskarth would throw her away and be on to the next one by tomorrow morning.

Carina slammed her locker and walked down the hallway. She paid no attention to the hormonal pair as she walked by them, though she could feel their eyes on her as she passed.

She walked as slowly as she could to her English class, deciding that today was a day that she did not really feel up to analyzing why Hamlet did the things he did. She took the long way through the halls and took routes that made no sense. As she rounded the corner of her English hallway, she collided with someone. Much to her dismay, it was Alex. They stared at each other but neither one spoke a word.

Alex fumbled and handed Carina all of her papers that had dropped. They were both on their knees and were looking into each other’s eyes, still speechless. Alex stood up and reached out a hand. Carina stared at his hand, uncertain if she wanted the help. She gave in and took his hand lightly as he slowly pulled her up from off of the ground. For a minute Carina pondered if she should thank him, but she instead slowly backed away and turned around, walking towards her classroom.

She didn’t feel his eyes off of her until she turned into Mr. Warner’s AP Literature class. The class was silently working on a worksheet, Hamlet books out on their desks. Carina walked over to Mr. Warner’s desk, handing him her small yellow late pass. Mr. Warner nodded and Carina gave her favorite teacher a light smile before walking slowly to her desk.

She pulled out the worksheet and her book and silently opened to a page, her eyes quickly scanning the lines. For the next few minutes she looked up quotations and scribbled them down on the paper, finishing far ahead of the rest of the class. Mr. Warner gazed back and saw Carina finished, before sending a smirk her way. Carina returned the expression and bit her lip, closing her book. She sighed and slid into her seat. A million thoughts raced through her mind and she closed her eyes.

She leaned her head on her desk and waited for the bell to ring. She swallowed the lump in her throat. Carina was uncertain if she was thankful that it was Wednesday or if she hated it.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi there!
This is my Alex Gaskarth story!

I'd love any and all feedback!

-Amelia-