Broadening Horizons.

Chapter One

"Savannah! Come here! I need to talk with you!" my (adoptive) mother called. I put my book down and walked upstairs, unsure of what to think.

"Savannah. Your father an I are tired of your constant moping around. We have decided that you will accompany your brother and his band on tour. He's older than you, so you must do what he says, since he's in charge."

"No way I'm going on tour with them, let alone do what he says!" I replied defiantly.

"You will go on tour, and you will do what he says!" Mom said sternly.

"I'm not a kid anymore! You can't tell me what to do!"

"As long as you live here and I am alive you will do as I say!"

"I'm 22 years old! I can vote! I can drink! I can do whatever I want, no matter what you tell me!"

"Young lady, you can move out if you want, but when you come back with no money,job,car,home, or anything; it'll be all your fault"

As much as I tried to ignore it,her words had an impact on me. They reminded me of the day I was left at the orphanage, with only a baby blanket and a note. I had nothing, and was so vulnerable. I never wanted to have that feeling ever again.

"Alright, fine I'll go!"

Mom smiled at me,"I'm glad you made the right decision. And don't worry. Just think of it as a chance to do things you've never done before, or broaden your horizons. You should start packing your bags. Zack and his bandmates are coming tomorrow, and staying the night. Then you'll leave."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I walked out of there, and to my room.
The walls of my room were painted deep purple, although you can't really see much of it due to my posters. All of which were of rock, punk, and alternative bands or artists. On the left side of my room was a white,wooden bookshelf, filled top to bottom with books. Next to the bookshelf was a window,with a white curtain. In front of the window was a comfy,black, leathery recliner. I often sat in that chair, reading or listening to music, enjoying the sun, rain, snow, clouds, or whatever weather was going on outside. At the back of my room was my bed. I had a purple,white,and sea green bedspread,with pillows the same colors. On the foot of my bed was a row of stuffed animals.On the right side of my room was my dresser, white was also white and wooden. Clothes were hanging half in, half out, due to my slight messiness. The floor was sea green carpeting that was very soft.

I took out a suitcase and a carry-on, both purple, which was my favorite color, in case you didn't know.I took out a bunch of clothes,which were sweatpants, a few jeans, many t- and long-sleeved shirts, some of which were band shirts, and stuffed them into the suitcase. I took out several books, and notebooks, and put them into the carry-on. I didn't pack up anything else, since I had a day left to pack.

I decided to call Julia, to gripe to her about the coming months. The phone rang once before she picked up.

"Jules, you won't believe what Mom's making me do!"

"That doesn't sound good... What?"

"She's making me go on tour with Zack and his band!"

"What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know! I still despise Zack after our fight, and I want nothing to do with his band!"

"What if I come with you?Did your mom say anything about that?"

"That's brilliant! And no, no she didn't."

"Great, so when are they coming?"

"They're arriving tomorrow, and we leave the day after."

"Then I'll pack today, come over tomorrow and stay the night?"

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow."

Knowing I was going to have a friend with me greatly helped the fact that I was going on tour with 4
men I can't stand.

I woke up the next morning, groaning as I remembered Zack and his band were coming here today.

I stretched, and got out of bed. I showered and brushed my teeth, and changed into a gray tank-top, a purple sweater,gray sweatpants, and my well-worn purple converse. I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen. The floor was gleaming white tiles, with peach-colored paint on the walls. The stove and oven was on my right, and the also gleaming sink, toaster, and fridge was on my left. In the middle of the kitchen was a table that had a red and white checkered tablecloth and 8 chairs around it. I pulled some frozen waffles out of the freezer and toasted them. I put them on a pinkish-colored plate,slathered them with syrup, and sat down at the table. I had just finished them when the doorbell rang. Putting my fork down, I prayed it was Julia.

My prayers were answered, since when I opened the door Julia was standing there, grinning, with a few dark blue suitcases at her side. She wore a blue and white striped long-sleeved shirt,faded jeans, and blue converse.

"Hey Sav!"

I smiled at her, letting her in. "Hey Jules."

"Have they arrived yet?"

"Luckily not. I was hoping you'd get here first."

"Then I guess we have to sit here and wait."

So we sat down in the lving room and began watching Doctor Who.

I have now realized that I never told you what the living room looks like, so you, the dear reader, cannot visualize what is happening. The floor was smooth, polished, dark brown wood. The ceiling was painted white. The walls were navy blue. On the left side of the room was a large flatscreen TV, on top of a stand that had two drawers filled with DVDs. In the middle of the room was a couch, with a beanbag chair on either side of it. (One green, one purple.) On the left side of the room was the door to the kitchen. At the back of the room was a staircase with a hallway next to it.

Anyway, we had been sitting there for like two hours, admiring Karen Gillian, otherwise known as Amy Pond, when the doorbell rang. Mom came running downstairs, each stair creaking loudly. She threw open the door, revealing 4 men I did not want to see.
"Zachary!" She cried, pulling him into a hug. She hugged each one of the boys before they walked inside, before looking at me expectantly. "Don't you have something to say, Savnnah?"

I hesitated before saying,"Actually I do. Don't come near me or I will slap those grins off your faces."

And with that, I walked upstairs and to my room, Julia following me.
After we walked inside, I closed the door and locked it.

"Sav, how could you say that? I know you're not too happy with them, but isn't that a bit harsh?"

"I want nothing to do with them."

"Can't you try to forgive Zack? Or at least be nice to them? I don't want to go on tour with World War
lll is going on!"

I laughed, before saying,"No,I can't. The things he said, they hurt. He said the truth maybe, but
coming from a relative it just sounded cruel."

"Can't you talk it out or something?"

"We're not in first grade!"

"That's better than you not talking to him."

"Fine, I'll try-keyword TRY to be nice to them."

"I guess I'm fine with that."

We walked back downstairs, to see Rian, Alex, Jack, and Zack sitting on the couch.

"Why haven't you taken your suitcases upstairs?"

"You said not to come near you, and our rooms are pretty close to yours." replied Zack smartly.

"You're just being lazy."

"Whatever, same thing." Zack said as he, Rian, Alex, and Jack walked upstairs, lugging their
suitcases.

I stared at their backs and sighed. This was going to be a long couple of months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Savannah will be Zack's only sibling in this story.

And feedback would be appreciated!