Status: Active. <3

Lead Me Into the Rhythm

Chapter One

My alarm clock was buzzing in my ear and a groan escaped my lips as I opened my eyes. I let them adjust to my surroundings and I saw that it was 7:30am. That made me regret signing up for morning classes for College. I was anything, but a morning person. As I rolled out of bed, I grabbed my phone off my end table, checking it for missed calls or text messages.

I walked over to my dresser and noticed I had a text message from my best friend since middle school, Jimmy. I opened the text message and it read:

Bri, I have a very important question for you, so call me!

That was sent at 1:24am. I wish I could stay up that late, but I have fricken College. It's not so bad, but I wish I could just do something that I actually like for a change. My Dad told me to go to College first, before I did anything drastic like becoming a 'stripper'. His words, not mine.

I changed into some ripped jeans and pulled on a Metallica t shirt. It was my usual attire. I dialed Jimmy's number that I knew by heart and let it ring. Finally after 3 rings, he picked up.

"It's 7 o clock in the fricken morning! What the fuck are you doing up?!" He asked kind irritated and some what drowsy into the phone.

This made me chuckle, "I have school to attend to, Jimmy. You texted me at 1 in the morning, so I figured you pulled an all-niter."

Jimmy sighed, "Nah, I passed out at like 3, so why ya calling?"

"You have a 'very important question' for me?" I asked, quoting his text message as I grabbed my shoes out of my closet.

He made a 'hm' sound, like he was trying to remember what it was and then it clicked, "Oh! Alright, you know how I'm in a band with Matt Sanders, Zack Baker, and Dameon?"

This interested me, "Yeah.. What about it?"

"Well, Matt decided we need a Rhythm guitarist and I told him that you rock on guitar and he said to come practice with us today. We're going on tour in a couple months, so we kind of need you like now." Jimmy explained to me.

I was shocked at this, but also happy, "Jimmy, I'm not really a rhythm kind of guy.. I kind of suck at it."

"Well, shit." Jimmy cursed and scoffed, "Who cares? Just come practice with us and we'll see where it goes from there."

I was still kind of hesitant about it, "I don't know, dude-"

He cut me off, "Brian be at Matt's house at 3pm. I'll text you his address. C'mon, it'll be fun. Being in a band with your best friend, that's pretty sweet."

That made me crack, "Fine, I'll be there."

"Great, thanks Brian. Love you, Dude." He said in his usual goofy voice.

I rolled my eyes, "Love you too, Jim."

I hung up the phone and looked at the time. It was now 7:43am. I frowned, while thinking about this whole band situation. If I actually join the band, then I can't go to school.

Might as well quit now.

I walked back over to my bed and jumped onto, burying myself under the blanket. I closed my eyes and fell right back into a peaceful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, guys. xShadowsSwag here and I gotta say a few things. This is my first Synacky story that I have ever written and I'm really excited about it. I'm also excited that Synyster Gates; is writing it with me, she's an amazing writer, so this is a great opportunity for me. (:

I know this chapter was kind of short, but it's just the beginning. Everything will get better and longer. (: