Status: Active. <3

Lead Me Into the Rhythm

Chapter Three

It's been a few weeks since I joined Avenged Sevenfold and everything was great. The guys were very welcoming except Zack Baker. He refused to talk to me. I understand where he's coming from. I pretty much stole his part in the band, but he's gotta realize sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

"Yo, Brian!" Jimmy shouted, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I turned around to see him holding up two shirts, "Blue or purple?" I eyed the shirts carefully and pointed to the blue one. I watched him pull it on and he grinned at me, "Ready to party?! Last night in Huntington Beach!"

Tomorrow, we leave for our first tour. It wasn't suppose to be for another month, but Matt managed to get us a few more shows. I was excited. It really was a dream come true.

"Let's go fuck some shit up!" I shouted, grabbing my keys off my end table. Jimmy cheered and we headed out of my house. Once we were in my car, he put the radio on. Metallica started to blast out of my speakers and Jimmy turned it up so my windows would rattle. I didn't complain. Who doesn't like Metallica?

We got to Johnny's Bar and Grill within minutes. The owner knows us extremely well and lets us get wasted, even though we're underage.

Jimmy and I entered the bar and spotted our friends by the pool tables. We headed over there and Matt grinned at us, "You guys ready for tomorrow?"

"Hell yeah, dude! It's going to be a fucking blast!" Jimmy high-fived Matt, letting his excitement show.

Matt nodded at me, "What about you, dude? Excited?"

I looked around the bar and spotted Zack sitting at a booth downing his beer like his life depended on it. He noticed me staring at him and got up from his seat. I expected him to say something to me, but he headed for the bar to get another drink.

"Yeah, it's going to be killer!" I said with fake enthusiasm dripping in my voice. Luckily, the guys didn't notice. A few hours passed and a girl walked in. Not just any girl. Her name was Valary Dibenedetto. I've known her since middle school. She was one of the first friends I ever made. She will always be one of my best friends. She's currently dating Matt. They're high school sweethearts. They're really made for each other. You see a totally different side of Matt when Val is around. Matt has made Val a tour manager, so she'll be traveling with us. It made me feel at ease, because Jimmy and Val are the only best friends I really have. Matt and I hang out, but we're just not as close. I don't really talk to Dameon much, he seems cool though, and Zack? Yeah the guy hates my guts.

I was on my 4th beer, deciding I wanted to take it slow tonight. I didn't want to feel miserable for our first show tomorrow. Everyone else was or was about shit-faced. Jimmy was arguing with Dameon on what band was better, but I didn't even catch the names of the bands they were arguing over. I started to crave a cigarette, so I stepped outside for one.

My attention was brought to Zack who was fumbling with his lighter, trying to get it to work. He cursed and kept trying. I dug into my pockets and pulled out my lighter. I lit the flame and put it towards him. His cigarette lit up and his eyes met mine. A scoff escaped his lips and he turned in the other direction.

This made me sigh as I lit up one of my own cigarettes. I took a long drag off it and inhaled, letting the smoke fill my lungs. I don't care how bad this was for me, it helps me relax. I exhaled the smoke, "Why can't you just get over it?" I asked Zack, curiously.

"None of your business." His reply was short and cold.

I sighed, "Dude, we're going to be traveling together for like 4 months. Don't you think we should be on good terms?"

Zack snorted, "No."

"Why are you being such a dick to me? What do you think it was my plan to steal lead from you?" When he didn't respond, I took that as my answer, "I'm not a bad person, Zack. I'm sorry for taking your spot, but you're amazing at playing rhythm."

This made Zack drop his cigarette and step on. He turned to me with the coldest glare in his eye, "Listen, Haner. I don't like you and I'm never going to like you. Whether you planned on it or not, you took my spot. Don't try to feed me your bullshit, because you and I will never be on good terms, got me?!" He was seething and I couldn't understand how he could be so upset by this. His green eyes were glaring into my brown ones, but I noticed something flicker in his eyes. Almost like hurt.

Before I could question him, he stormed back into the bar. An agitated sigh escaped my lips knowing these next few months were going to be the longest months of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, guys! Everything will start picking up soon. We just had to get all the basics out. What does everyone think so far? Make sure leave us some love in the comments! (: Oh and by the way, Johnny Christ will join the story a little ways along. If you're wondering. (;

(P.S I'm doing this on my phone so I'll edit errors later.)

Thanks to everyone who has commented, subscribed, recommended or even read. <3 Your feedback makes us continue. (: