Status: Active. <3

Lead Me Into the Rhythm

Chapter Four

"Come on, Zack!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs. It made me groan in response while blocking the light that was coming through my window with my hand. I'm leaving to go on tour with the band in about, I checked my alarm clock and realized I was already late. My head was throbbing and it was making me regret getting shitfaced last night.

I grabbed my cell phone to see I had 5 missed calls from Matt and 10 text messages asking where I was. It made me scoff at his concern. Ya know what? They don't need me. They have Haner.

My thoughts were interupted by my bedroom door being slammed open. Dameon was standing there looking worried, "Dude! We have to leave like now. Matt has the van parked outside."

I shook my head, "I'm not going, dude."

He laughed unsteadily, "Funny. Now get your shit and let's go."

"I'm not going, Dameon. Seriously, just go tell the guys and go have fun. Just leave me out of it." I said while lying back on my bed and staring at my bedroom wall. I heard Dameon scoff and walk off.

A couple minutes passed and I heard lots of footsteps running up the stairs and it only made my head feel worse. Before I could lift my head, my blanket got ripped from me and strong arms ripped me off the bed.

"Get the fuck off me!" I shoved the person that grabbed me and looked up to meet Matt's eyes. He was not too happy.

Matt let go off me, "Get your shit and lets go!" He yelled and I looked around my room to see Val, Jimmy, and Dameon standing by the doorway, but Haner was nowhere in sight.

I shook my head, "I'm not going!"

This only made Matt angrier. He pushed me up against my bedroom wall, "Don't pull this shit last minute! We have a show to get to in 5 hours! You're coming whether you like it or not!" He tried to threaten me, but Matt never scared me.

"You don't need me! Just find another rhythm guitar player! I'm sure Jimmy has another friend that's just dying to take my spot!" I spat out, letting the anger run through my veins.

Matt scoffed, "That's what this is about?! You're fucking pathetic, dude! Grow up, we're not in fucking 1st grade anymore!"

Val butted in, "Matt-"

I cut her off, "Just fucking leave!" I shouted at everyone that was in the room. Matt turned to the others and looked back at me, "I'm giving you 2 minutes, Zachary. If you're not in that van, then-"

"Let me talk to him." A voice filled my room and I mentally cringed, knowing exactly who it was. Matt and the others left knowing they really didn't have a choice.

Haner walked closer to me and I could myself starting to tense up. He sighed, "Zack, why can't you just come with us? Why are you being like this? I already apologized.. What more do you want me to do?" He sounded desperate.

I clenched my jaw, "Maybe go jump off a bridge."

This shocked him, "Do you hate me that much?"

"Hate doesn't cover it." I snapped.

Haner took a deep breath and exhaled, "Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but you need to realize that we fucking need you and you can't just bail on us, last minute. Just try to put your hate towards me for a bit and let's do the tour. Do it for the band! We could make it big, dude. If you quit now, you'll be missing all of that.." He actually had a point. Even though I hate to admit that.

I started to gnaw on one of my snakebites and debated about the subject in my head. I could feel Haner staring at me and it was making my cheeks heat up. I shook my head to erase my thoughts and I groaned in defeat, "Fine, I'll do it."

Bri-Haner started to smile and I noticed he had perfectly structured cheekbones. I don't why I fucking noticed that, but I did. Haner walked over to me and held his hand out for me to shake.

This made me roll my eyes and I pushed past him to get my bags, "We're not friends, so don't even try to talk to me on this tour, unless you want to get punched." Haner just sighed and we headed downstairs. I said a quick good-bye to my parents and walked outside to see the white van.

Matt walked over to us and smiled at Haner, "Thanks, Brian." Brian mumbled a 'no problem' and I just rolled my eyes. Haner didn't do shit, but of course he's going to he the star of everything.

I walked over to the van and tossed my stuff in the back. Everyone got inside the van and Matt grabbed my shirt, "You pull another stunt like that and I won't hesitate to knock some sense in you. Got it?"

"Whatever." Was my response.

Matt started to smirk, "Oh and since you love Brian so much, you get to sit next to him for 4 hours till we get to the show. Have fun!" He headed for the driver's side and my heartbeat started to pick up.

I took a deep breath and exhaled before getting in the van. We were all crammed into the seat, so to my dismay, my leg was touching Haner's leg. Matt started to drive and I was literally living in misery.

About an hour into driving, I was getting tired. I leaned my head against the window and shut my eyes. Matt took a sharp turn causing Haner to put his hand on my package to stop him from falling. A gasp fell from my lips and my eyes shot open.

Haner removed his hand and he turned dark red, "Sorry." I closed my eyes again and for some reason, I got turned on by that. I shifted uncomfortably and tried to think of cock-blockers. Dogs. Cats. Nothing was helping.

"Think of your grandma in her underwear, that always helps me." Haner whispered into my ear. I peeked one eye open to see him smiling at me. It was like he did this purposedly to me. I shut the eye and started to picture my grandma in her underwear.

Shit, that's disgusting.

It worked and before I knew it, I was fast asleep against the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so Synyster Gates; usually writes Zacky's POV, but I think she deleted her account. :( It says it's inactive, so if anyone knows anything on what happened with her, it was would be greatly appreciated that you tell me. I'm worried about her! I mean I have like no clue what happened what so ever. If you know anything let me know, please!