Status: Active. <3

Lead Me Into the Rhythm

Chapter Six

I was outside the Motel, having a smoke waiting for the guys to get our rooms. I still can't believe Matt. He being the biggest dickhead ever. He's trying to push me together with Haner, but I'm not going to fall into his trap.

As I tossed the butt of my cigarette on the ground, Haner walked outside and lifted the key up, "Room 17." He informed me and I nodded. I went over to the van and grabbed my bags. Haner followed suit and then we both went to our new room.

He put the key in the door and unlocked it. I stepped inside and tossed my bags on the ground. Haner flicked the lights on and we both scoffed when we saw that there was only one bed.

"Fuckin' dickhead." I sneered, talking about Matt.

Haner sighed, "He's really starting to annoy me."

I snorted, "Join the crowd."

He placed his bag on the side of the bed and turned to me, "You can take a shower first if you want? I want to have a smoke anyways."

Without saying a word, I took my bag and walked into the bathroom. I flicked the light on and squinted at the brightness. I looked around the white room, which only made me squint even more. My eyes finally got adjusted to the light, so I started the shower up. I peeled my clothes off my body and looked in the mirror to see the bruise forming on my stomach. "Asshole." I muttered, while rubbing my fingers over it, gently.

Matt gave me a gut shot when he pulled me aside after sound check. Damn Sanders thinks he can just bully me around like this. Well he's got another thing coming, that's for sure.

I got into the shower and let the hot water soak into my skin. It was soothing and relaxing. My mind started to wander and I found myself thinking about Haner. He's actually starting to care about me and I'm not exactly how I feel about that. He probably just feels bad. I don't need his sympathy. He's done enough.

After taking a 10 minute shower, I got out and changed into my boxers. I brushed my teeth and changed into a t shirt. I shoved my dirty clothes in my bag and walked out into the room to find Haner passed out on the bed. A scoff escaped my lips, "Figures."

My bags hit the floor and I looked around at the floor. I didn't really want to share a bed with him, but this carpet doesn't look too comfortable. Debating in my head for a few minutes, I made a decision. "Fuck it." I walked over to the bed and pulled the covers over. I crawled into the bed and Haner moved.

He groaned something in his sleep, but I ignored it. I pulled the covers over me and shut the light off. I laid there for awhile waiting to fall asleep. During this time, Haner kept moving, and it was beginning to get irritating.

Just as I was about to say something, he groaned and I listened closely.

"Zacky.." It was a faint whisper that fell from his lips and I started to think that he was awake. I turned around, so I was facing him and I squinted in the dark to see that he was sleeping like a baby. A frown formed on my lips and I just closed my eyes, deciding to ignore it.

The next thing that came out of his mouth surprised me.

"I'm sorry.." He moved around and a faint snore replaced his talking. After hearing that, I started to get mixed feelings. He's apologized before, but this sounded so desperate. I grounded my teeth together. He took your spot in the band. I had to remind myself that and that finally made me fall asleep.

***


I woke up the next morning to pounding on the door. A groan escaped my lips as I sat up in the bed. I rubbed my eyes and glanced over to see the bed was empty. Haner walked out of the the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He smiled sheepishly when he noticed I was awake.

He opened the door and Jimmy came in bouncing, "Good morning! Matt says to hurry up, because we leave in 5 minutes." I winced at this, I don't understand how a guy could be so damn happy in the morning? Actually I don't know how he can be happy at all during the day.

Haner nodded, "Alright, I just gotta get changed. Do you need the bathroom, Zack?"

I shook my head as a response and Haner walked back into the bathroom. Jimmy took a seat on the edge of the bed and it was kind of awkward between us. In high school, I used to hate him, but then I realized he was an okay guy. Now, after he let his best friend take my spot, I'm not so sure how I feel about him.

"I see Brian is still living.." He commented, while turning his head to look at me.

That made me laugh and I shrugged my shoulders, "Too tired, dude."

Jimmy grinned, "Just let me know where you hide the body, so I can notify his parents."

Again, he had me laughing. Maybe Jimmy wasn't such a bad guy.

He gave me a sympathetic look, "Brian isn't a bad person, ya know?"

I nodded, "I know." He really wasn't a bad person, I just don't know. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about him that infuriates me.

Haner walked out of the bathroom now fully clothed and he grabbed his bags, "I'm going to toss this in the van. Wanna take a smoke break with me, Jimmy?" Jimmy got off the bed as a response. Haner walked out of the motel room and Jimmy turned to me.

"Give him a chance, Zack."

I didn't say anything, so he walked out of the room. I sat there and sighed. I couldn't just start talking to him like nothing was wrong. I'm always going to be angry with him. I decided to deal with this later. I got out of the bed and walked over to my bags. I rummaged through them and found some jeans. I pulled them on and looked at my shirt. It looked pretty clean, so I decided to keep it on.

The door opened and this time it was Matt who entered. He closed the door behind him and I started to bite on one of my snakebites, wondering what he wanted. Matt crossed his arms over his chest, "Brian said you didn't give him any shit." He was a statement, so I just kept quiet, knowing there was something more.

Matt shook his head, "I knew you would grow to like him.." He said in an almost demeaning voice.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't like him. Just cause I didn't give him shit doesn't mean anything."

"Oh it means something, Baker. You finally moved on." He said, with a hint of hurt in his voice.

This made me choke up. I hated when he brought this shit up. He knew exactly what to say to put me in this predicament. He walked over to me, causing me to walk backwards until my back was pinned up against the wall. Matt grabbed my neck with his hand and smirked at me, "Really think he can be better than me?"

"Anyone can be better than you." I sneered.

Matt took his another hand and punched me in the gut, right where he punched me yesterday. I coughed hard and hunched over. He pushed me back up and pointed at me, "Don't act like you didn't like it. We've had some amazing times and you know it."

I bit my lip, preventing me from saying anything that would cause me to get hit again.

He smirked, "Cat got you tongue? It's cool, I'll give you a taste of those amazing times we've had."

Before I could protest, his lips were crushing against mine and he had me pinned against the wall. He used his strength to get me to part my lips and all of the haunting memories came flooding back. Matt bit down on my lip hard and I cried in pain. I fucking hate him. It took all of my strength to push him away from me. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, "Get the fuck away from me!"

He smiled, "You loved it."

"No I didn't! I never liked any of it! You're just a fucking asshole that likes control, so do me a favor and leave me the fuck alone!" I finally started to stand up for myself.

Matt squinted his gaze and the next thing I knew, his fist collided with my right eye, causing me to fall to my feet. He let out a scoff before leaving the room. I sat there holding my eye, wishing Matt could just disappear. He only makes my life a living hell. A few tears escaped and rolled down my cheeks.

The door opened again and I didn't even bother to raise my head, thinking it was Matt.

"Oh my god, Zacky!"

I raised my head, just as Brian dropped to his knees. He grabbed my hand and made me remove it from my eye. He examined it and furrowed his eyebrows up in confusion, "Did Matt do this?" I nodded, knowing there was no use in lying.

Brian scoffed, "What a prick." Don't I know it.

He got to his feet and held his hand out. I got to my feet and he walked over to the mini fridge we had in here. Surprisingly, there was an ice pack in there. He handed it to me, "What did you do?"

"Long story." I said, while placing the ice pack on my eye.

It only made him more interested in the subject, "Want me to say something to him?"

I shook my head, "No, I can handle it myself." I replied, harshly.

Brian nodded, "Looks like you're doing a hell of a job." He gestured to my eye.

"Brian, seriously, just fucking drop it. I can take care of myself. Matt's just be an asshole." I exclaimed while grabbing my bags off the ground. I turned back to find Brian smiling. This made me frown and I cocked an eyebrow at him, "What the fuck is your deal?"

He continued to smile, but he raised his gaze to mine, "You called me Brian."

I rolled my eyes, "Don't let it get to your head, Haner."
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so now you kind of have some light on the whole Zacky/Matt drama. I didn't give away the full story, but it will be revealed in due time.

As this story goes, I'm still looking for a co-writer, I got 2 people that are kind of interested, but I just want to make sure everyone else knows about this. If you're interested, just message me and we'll talk.

Thanks to all the feedback on this! I love it, you're all amazing! &lt;3