Status: Active. <3

Lead Me Into the Rhythm

Chapter Seven

We were in the van driving to the next show. Matt was driving, but before we left he asked if I wanted to drive. I knew that meant he would be sitting next to Zacky, so I declined. I felt this weird need to protect Zacky. I mean the poor guy got the shit beat out of him by his supposedly "friend". I wasn't going to let Matt torture him, not on my watch. 

Everyone was pretty quiet. Dameon was up front with Matt and they were talking about some baseball game that happened last night. Zacky was pressed up against the window, sleeping, and Jimmy was just staring out the window. 

I decided to try and found out what kind of history Matt and Zacky have, so I pulled out my phone. 

To; Jimmy

What's up with Matt and Zacky?


I sent the message and looked at Jimmy. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he pulled it out. Once he noticed it was a message from me, he looked at me confused. I rolled my eyes and motioned him to read it. He did and started typing a reply back right away. 

What do you mean?

He's always giving him a hard time. I mean earlier today, he practically beat the shit out of Zack. I thought they were close friends?

Jimmy took a second to think about this, before replying. 

Matt just has a lot on his plate. He's trying to make sure our band is successful. Zack just does little shit to piss him off. Matt doesn't mean to actually hurt him. 

This made me snort, yeah right. He gave Zack a black eye, but he didn't mean to hurt him. 

Are you sure nothing is going on between them? I mean there's gotta be an 'actual' reason to why Matt acts that way towards Zack.

Jimmy sighed before typing a reply. 

Why do you care, Bri? I mean no offense or anything, but Zack hates your guts. Shouldn't you be concentrating on your own relationship opposed to Matt and his relationship? 

Jimmy was right. Zack does hate my guts, so why am I trying to help him? I shook my head, while typing a reply. 

Idk, sorry I asked.

I shut my phone and leaned up against the back of the seat. I could feel someone looking at me, so I looked forward to see Matt sending me daggers in the rearview mirror. Figures. 

***
 

We made a pit stop at a gas station and everyone went inside to pee, except Matt and I. He was outside the van pumping gas, so I decided it was time to question him on why he hit Zacky. 

I got out of the car and Matt chuckled, "I told you that you were going to have to pee." 

"I don't," I said while shutting the door, "I want to ask you something." 

Matt stiffened up at this, while staring blankly into the numbers on the gas pump, "Yeah, what's that?" 

This made really curious now, since he already seems suspicious, "Why did you hit Zacky in the hotel room?" 

He didn't bother looking at me, "He was acting like a baby. Saying he doesn't want to share a room with you and he was in the band first, blah blah blah. Dude, I was doing you a favor-" 

I cut him off, "By giving him a black eye? If he has problems with me, he can settle them with me. I don't need you stepping in and beating the shit out of him, because he doesn't like me-" 

"What, are you defending him?! Look Brian, I know Zack. When he hates someone, there's no way in changing his mind. So just stop trying to make things okay with him, because it's not going to work!" Matt cut me off, shouting. 

That's when it hit me, "You mean when he hates you.. Maybe if you wouldn't hit him for every goddamn thing he does wrong, then maybe things would get better for you guys." 

Next thing I knew, Matt had me pinned up against the van, "You know nothing about me or Zack, so don't butt your nose in something where it doesn't belong." He was threatening me. 

I scoffed and shoved him off me, "Or what? You going to hit me too? Go for it! I'm not going to sit and take it, though. I'm a black belt in karate, so in other words, I could kill you with my bare hands." 

Matt rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Just know, Haner. If you get involved in this, you'll regret it." 

Everyone piled back into the van and I sat there wondering what Matt exactly meant by saying that. The worst he could do is kick me out of the band, which is definitely not going to happen.

I looked next to me to see Zacky just staring blankly out the window. Something on his arm caught my eye and I looked down. There was a cut across his wrist. It looked fresh and underneath it, there were 5 other marks just like it that were scars. 

A small gasp escaped my lips and Zacky noticed what I was looking at. He just pulled his sleeve to his jacket down to hide it. I couldn't believe it. First Matt hurts him, now he hurts himself? I need to have a long talk with him, when we're alone. 
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know, but good news is I now have a co writer for this story again! Yay! <3 She's a pretty good friend of mine, her name is: A7X-PapaRoachLvr. She has good writing skills, so she will be writing Zacky's POV. I'm excited to be doing this with her!

Thanks to everyone who is giving me support on this story, being my first slash story and all.. I really appreciate it! <3