Opposites Attract

Pictures As A Princess

Zach’s POV:

“The night was great, but you guys need to take wedding pictures now.” My mom says after most of the guests are gone.

“Really, can’t it wait?” I look at Lea with her friends. The dress makes her eyes pop and the tears of joy added to the sparkle. These are the tears I don’t mind causing her because she is happy.

“No, it can’t. Get your wife and head to the church.”

“Lea Porter, the camera calls us.” I hold my hand out and she takes it. She waves to her friends and follows me.

“I can’t believe this actually happened. I love all of it.” She takes one last look at the room and shuts the door.

“I love you.” I kiss her.

“Zach, you are something else. If you make me cry again our pictures will be taken a hundred times.” I take her hand and open the door.

“If they are tears of love, I don’t care.”

“Well I do.” I follow her in and take her hand.

“Tomorrow we leave for our honeymoon. To Paris.” Her eyes get big and her jaw drops.

“You’re kidding! We’re going to Paris? Zach, that is amazing!” She hugs me tight and I feel like I’m going to break in half.

“Only the best for you.”

“Just don’t let me pig out there. I hear French food is fattening.” I make her look at me.

“Lea, don’t ever call yourself fat. You are perfect and skinny.”

“Really?” She asks me.

“Yes. That stupid nickname was me being a guy. I never meant it, especially once you lost all the weight. You are beautiful the way you are.”

“Okay, if you say so then I believe it.”

“You better always believe it.” We finally get back to the church and our parents are waiting.

“Zach stand here, Lea here, Candace and Vic you better hurry up! We’re doing family shots now!” My mom yells.

“Prepare for a headache.” Lea whispers and I laugh just as the photographer takes the picture. This will be interesting.

“You two, kiss and we’ll get a picture of that.” I’m sure we already have one like that, but my mom is not the person to argue with. We take a million and one more pictures before she’s happy.

“Alright, 11 at night. I think you two can go home now since you have an early flight to catch tomorrow.” She smiles because I told her yesterday where I am taking Lea.

“A flight to Paris!” Lea yells and Candace, Laurie, and Clara scream.

“You are so freaking lucky!” I look at Cameron and Michael who give me a look.

“We have so much to live up to now.” Michael laughs and walks out with Clara. Cameron and Laurie leave soon after.

“Zach, be good to her.” Candace and her parents leave.

“Don’t worry, I will.” She turns around and waves. I’m glad I finally won her over.

“Time to go home, my lovely wife.”

“Thank goodness for that. I thought your mom would never stop.” I laugh and she falls asleep on the ride home.

“We’re home.” I wake her up and we go to the door. I pick her up to carry her in.

“You don’t have to do this.”

“Yes I do.” I tell her. I carry her up the stairs. “I have to because you are a princess and this is our fairy tale.”

***************************************************