Opposites Attract

Accepting Feelings

Lea’s POV:

“Tell us everything!” Candace, Laurie, and Clara are sitting in my living room.

“Please, Laurie, I saw you spying on me then go dance with Cameron.”

“You did what?” Candace yells and I laugh as Laurie turns red.

“We have another date tomorrow and I can’t wait.” She says.

“That is amazing, Laur. I am so happy for you.” We hug her and Candace breaks it.

“Okay, enough about her. Tell us about your date with your archenemy, the guy you said you can’t stand and would never date.” She is looking right through me and it’s creepy.

“Zach isn’t the same guy I once thought I knew. His angelic face when he asked me out, the way he kept asking even when I hated him, the way he never gave up on me. Girls, I didn’t want this, but I really am in love with Zachary Porter.”

“That is so sweet!” Clara squeals.

“I felt like such a princess tonight. It was like some Hollywood movie.” I go upstairs and leave them to their squealing. Even Candace is falling in to the romance that I’m feeling. I look at what I’m doing and see that I’m sketching a wedding gown. I think I need some sleep. I get a call a few minutes later.

“Lea, it’s Zach. I know you said to text, but I want to ask you out again. How about Monday after school?”

“Sure, that sounds great.” The smile that never left is bigger.

“Cool, I can just take you out for a movie or something after school then drive you home.”

“That sounds really good. I’ll see you Monday.” I hang up and I know I’m grinning more.

“What did you just win?” Candace is standing in the doorway.

“Another date with Zach.” Mom walks up behind her.

“I’m sorry, the Zach whose guts you hate?” She is smiling.

“Yeah, that would be the Zach.”

“Well if you’re happy then so am I. I just hope I get to meet this boy soon.” Dad walks in.

“Daddy! I haven’t seen you for a while!” I run and hug him.

“I know. I got a promotion which oddly means normal hours.” He laughs and it sounds like how you picture Santa laugh.

“This is so exciting!” Candace yells. She is definitely closer to our dad.

“So maybe I’ll get to meet this boy soon?”

“Yeah, I hope you do.” I bite my lip and they leave. There is no way I’m going to sleep tonight. I have to see Zach again. Man, never thought I would feel like this.

“Hey, twin, you really do love him. This is different for you.” Candace is sitting next to me.

“Hey, twin, yeah I do. I didn’t feel this with Jacob or Greg.”

“I swear if he does one thing to hurt you he won’t be able to hurt you again.” I don’t need light to know she is deathly serious.

“Thanks, but I hope he doesn’t hurt me. I really hope he feels what I do.”

“Something tells me he does. If it was a joke he wouldn’t have been trying so hard. Oh, if he starts getting threats, they aren’t from me.” She laughs and I do too.

“Okay, I’ll remember that.”

********************************************