For My Sake

Introduction

Tell me what you think normal life is. Waking up in the morning? Going on with your day-to-day tasks? That’s partially correct. Whenever someone thinks about life in general, they think of their job and survival. They’re missing one vital point, how hard it can be. When my parents look at me, all they see is this happy go lucky blonde. What I see? This horrible misunderstood, mistreated, and abused blonde girl. My parents think they come from a perfect, happy home. Which is what is making me be all those things. Every time I look in the mirror, I don’t see fat or ugly. I see something beautiful that doesn’t know how to express it. I don’t know how to express myself; I’m this girl everyone thinks is weird. I wear clothes that don’t fit my body, I don’t wear makeup that doesn’t compliment my skin, I don’t fix my hair the way it should be.
I don’t have a fancy car, I have a 1999 Honda. I earned my way towards a car, not like everyone else who got there car from Daddy’s wallet. I’ve only been on one major vacation. And that was to Los Angeles to see family. We live in New Jersey so it was major trip for me. People who live in New Jersey think that New York City is a major trip, to be truthful; we visit New York City all the time. It isn’t that great. In fact, it’s kind of scary. When I walk around New York, I’m always afraid of getting mugged or kidnapped. My mom wouldn’t let me go anywhere alone, not even in the hotel. I’ve never once blamed her.
So, you see what I mean about my life being different from everyone else’s? Everyone loves New York, I don’t. Everyone loves name brand clothing, I don’t. Everyone loves to listen to a certain kind of music, guess what, you guessed it, and I don’t. So, enlighten me on how much you think I’m weird. Because everyone at school already does that, so I have no problem.
There’s one thing you don’t know about me though. Not even my parents know, not even my friends. I’m different for a reason, I’m addicted to drugs. Not the hard stuff, just pills, weed, and alcohol. Sometimes when I drink or do pills, it makes me feel normal. It turns me into someone that no one’s ever seen before. They like the high me. I like the high me. That’s the sad part. How can I stop that? I don’t want to stop that.