Til My Last Day

1/1

People say I'm just a rough boy
I ain't no good for you girl
It's a dead end street, tryin' to love me
Yeah, I'll wreck your world
I can see why they're all talkin'
Lookin' back at my past
I've got a bad name, but a man can change
I'm livin' proof of that

I sighed sitting in me and my boyfriend of 2 years house. Jake was asleep on the couch after a rough week of work. My best friend Leah walked through the door. She looked at Jake then me. She shook her head and walked over to me "how?" I sighed. No one in my family liked Jake. They always thought he wasn't right for me even though he was honestly the best boyfriend I have ever had. Leah stood beside me as I loaded the dishwasher. She grabbed some dishes and helped "what is up with him?" I shrugged "rough week." I turned the dishwasher on and washed my hands. I heard a horn honk out front. I looked out the window to see some of Jake's friends. He woke up and looked out the window then me and smiled "bye baby." He kissed my cheek and looked at Leah then walked out. Leah just shook her head "I don't know why you let him do this Alexa. Your to good for him." I sighed "I love him, Leah." She sighed "I don't know how. Is he ever home?" I nodded "he's just working a lot, Leah. I'm sorry that I'm dating a doctor."

Til my last day, til my last breath
Of everyone that can, I can love you the best
Til my last day, I'll be lovin' you
All the way up, til they lay me down
Six feet under the cold hard ground
Til my last day, I'll be lovin' you

She sighed "I just think you deserve to be treated better that's all."
We continued to clean house until she left at about 5:30. I smiled alittle when I heard the front door open. I was finishing up supper when arms wrapped around my waist. Jake rested his chin on my shoulder "smells good baby. Leah leave?" I nodded "yeah about an hour ago. How are the boys doing?" He shrugged "fine. I have to work tomorrow." I sighed "that's fine. Me and Leah were going to go shopping so it's fine." He sighed and turned me around "I plan on taking off next week. I've worked over time enough so I can take a week off. I was thinking we could go some where. Anywhere." He rubbed our noses against each other. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck "okay." He smiled and leaned down kissing me. I kissed back then pulled away to check the pasta. He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear "No matter how many of your friends and family don't like me, I'm still going to love you til the day I die. Remember that." I smiled as he kissed my head. I looked at him "I love you to Jake. Forever and always." He smiled and pecked my lips "forever and always." I turned the stove off and fixed us both a plate and we sat eating and talking.

Baby I might meet all my friends
Shoot the bull, have a beer or two
But you know I'll be the first one to leave
In a hurry to get to you
Somewhere deep inside your angel eyes
I found a place to rest,
Don't ever doubt that I'll be around,
And baby don't you ever forget

I groaned waking up to my alarm going off. I shut it off and looked beside me, empty. I sighed, work. I smiled seeing a piece of paper on his pillow. I picked it up and smiled at the 3 simple words "Forever and Always". I sat it on the table and walked to our bathroom and showered. I got dressed then walked downstairs. Leah walked in the front door and smiled at me "hey." I smiled "hey." I grabbed a bottle of water and took a swig "where are we going?" She shrugged "The Palms?" I nodded "okay." The Palms was a huge mall in our town. We got in her car and went to the mall. We were shopping around when I saw Jake and his friend Connor in a jewelry store. I guess Leah saw to cause she grabbed my arm and dragged me somewhere else. I looked ather "what's going on? I thought Jake was a work. Why is he here?" She sighed "I promised I wouldn't say anything so I'm not saying anything. Come on. I'm hungry." We walked to the food court and ate. I tried to let it go but I couldn't help wrecking my brain for why he'd be in a jewelry store.

Til my last day, til my last breath
Of everyone that can, I can love you the best
Til my last day, I'll be lovin' you
All the way up, til they lay me down
Six feet under the cold hard ground
Til my last day, I'll be lovin' you
Darlin' yes I will

I sighed sitting on the living room couch with Leah. We had just got back from the mall and were drinking coffee. Jake walked in and took his jacket off and hung it up on the hook. Leah stood up "I'll talk to you later, Lex." She left and I took our mugs into the kitchen and put them in the sink. Jake walked to me and kissed my cheek. I turned away from him "where were you today?" He looked and me confused "work." I turned around to look at him "I saw you at the mall today, Jake. Why did you lie to me?" He sighed and walked over to his jacket and dug into his pocket bringing out a little black box "it was suppose to be a supirse." He walked over to me and got down on one knee. Tears came to my eyes and I clasp my hand over my mouth. He smiled up at me "Alexa Skyler McGraw, I've loved you since we met at Conner's party 3 years ago tomorrow. I've vowed to love you, Forever and Always til the day I die. I know that we've had our ups and downs but baby there's no way your getting rid of me." We both chuckled and he smiled "will you do me the honors of being my wife?" I nodded "yes! A million times yes!" He grinned sliding the ring on my finger and stood up kissing me. I jumped into his arms wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck kissing him back. He held me as we kissed passionately. I slowly pulled away and placed my forehead on his. He smiled "Forever and Always." I smiled "Forever and Always, Jake."

Til my last day, til my last breath
Of everyone that can, I can love you the best
Til my last day, I'll be lovin' you
All the way up, til they lay me down
Six feet under the cold hard ground
Til my last day, I'll be lovin' you
Oh babe, til my last day

He grinned at me "I have another surprise for you." I raised my eyebrows and he sat me down on my feet and grabbed our jackets "put your shoes on and come on." I pulled my shoes and jacket on and followed him out to his truck. He drove to the other side of town and stopped at a red light. He grabbed a blindfold and covered my eyes. I giggled "Jake! What are you doing?" He chuckled "you can't see until we get there." I giggled and he drove alittle more then stopped and turned the truck off and got out. I hear him open my door then pick me and and carry me some where "can I take it off yet?" He chuckled "not yet." I heard him open something that sounded like a door then he sat me down on my feet and slowly to the blindfold off. I looked around but it was pitch black. Then the lights flicked on and I was in the most beautiful house I have ever seen. Tears came to my eyes as Leah, Conner, Trevor, Travis and Blake were all in th middle of the living room. They cheered and I looked around "what is this?" I looked at Jake. He grinned "welcome to our new home baby." I grinned and hugged me. He held me close but our hug soon turned into a group hug. I giggled and hugged everyone "thank you. It's so beautiful. Did you guys do all of this?" The boys nodded. I looked at Jake "how did you get the money for this? How did you have time to do this?" He chuckled "I've been saving for two years baby and you know when you and Leah went to all of those places during the day and I told you I was at work?" I nodded and he grinned "we were here. Building this. We actually just finished the paint. We were going to move the furniture tomorrow but I decided to surprise you tonight." I smiled and kissed him "you are the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for. Thank you." He smiled "your welcome. I love you baby." I kissed him then slowly pulled away "I love you to."