Status: Like, Comment, Follow me, any suggestions feel free to say them!

World War 3

Walker's Beware

The ground cracked beneath me with every step I took and the wind thrashed around me tossing leaves into the air getting them tangled in my raven black, waist length hair. I kept my pace slow and any and all volume to a bare minimum as to not attract attention. The days were beginning to blur together and I could no longer remember the last time that I had had contact with another human being. The plague that devastated the human race began about one year ago, the weak were the first to go anybody who was to overweight, slow, or to young or old to fight the attacks off. After about a month only the strong stood victorious and by this time some of the survivors were beginning to turn on one another, they were becoming violent and less human. Some would say that this was just God’s way of evening things out and others thought that it was the apocalypse, well either way I somehow managed to survive. My family and friends weren’t as fortunate.

------One year earlier------

I managed to escape in the middle of the night as the walkers broke into my home and tore my family apart. I had awoken to the sound of a blood curdling scream. My eyes darted open and I jumped from my bed and grabbed the emergency kit that my dad had taught me to prepare so I would be ready for any type of situation. It held food, water, weapons, money, car keys, an emergency walkie-talky, and a first aid kit. I pulled a six inch buck knife from my pack and made my way towards my bedroom door. My hand was shaky as I placed my fingertips gently on the brass knob. The cool metal sent a chill down my spine. I slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open just a crack and that is when I saw it, one of those creatures was on top of my mum and another had just sunken it teeth into the flesh of my baby sister as she let out the scream that had woken me.
I took in a sharp breath as I watched helplessly as my sister coughed and sputtered up blood as that thing tore her throat out. There was absolutely nothing that I could do to save her, but I could kill those things whatever they might be. I gripped onto my knife and took a step into the hallway. Moving cautiously I inched my way towards the thing that was crouched over top of what used to be my mum. I raised the knife and braced myself as I brought the blade down right through its heart. I pulled it out from the now deceased corpse and wiped the blade off onto the fabric of my jeans.

The thing just lay there not moving and then it jolted to life as it stood from the floor and turned to face me. My heart skipped a beat as the creature lunged for my throat, but my training kicked in as I blocked the attempted attack. I brought my foot up and connected it with the things jaw sending it stumbling backwards and sprawling out on the floor. I didn’t understand what was going on, it just kept coming for me and I was getting tired out. Finally with one last motion I brought the blade of my knife through the center of the skull earning a sickening crunch as it stopped moving and its body fell lifeless to the floor after I removed my blade from it. After I took down the first one I turned to face the second one. It was still gnawing away at my sister’s body like a hungry dog on a bone. It made my stomach churn. I prepared myself once more as I slammed the knife down into its skull killing it instantly as it slumped to the ground with a heavy thud.

My legs quivered as I pulled the blade from its head. I fell to my knees and took in a couple deep, shaky breaths to steady my already shaken nerves. My mum and sister were dead and my father was nowhere to be seen. I had to get out of here and fast. I made my way back to my bedroom and began shoving clothes and anything else I might need. I slung my bag over my shoulder and made sure to grab my bow and arrow from my room. Taking one last look around, I opened my bedroom window and stuck my head out. Peering around outside there didn’t seem to be any of those things around so I slung my leg out of the window and jumped to the ground. My eyes scanned over all of the destruction as I approached the front of my home. There were fires destroying homes and screaming people everywhere trampling over each other to get out of the chaos. I watched with horror filled eyes as my childhood neighborhood was torn asunder, so quickly I made a mad dash for the truck and threw my bag into the passenger seat. I hopped into the driver seat and shut the door and started the car. Driving away I stared at all the destruction and fallen bodies of my friends and neighbors, but this was survival of the fittest and this is a type of situation that my father had trained me for so I would be able to stay alive.

------Back to present------

My truck had run out of gas long ago so now I was walking on foot through the woods looking for anything that would be remotely safe to stay for a little while. I was beginning to lose hope until I a big brick building that sat up on a far hill. It was surrounded by tall barbed wire fences and almost all of the walkers were dead on the ground. As I got closer to this place I realized that it was a prison that had been abandoned long ago in all of the war and chaos. I pulled my machete from its holder on my waist and approached the gate with extreme caution. This almost seemed too good to be true and from my past experiences if it seems too good then most likely it is.

Once I reached the gate I holstered my machete and began to climb since I couldn’t get it open. Whoever was here previously obviously did not want anybody or anything getting in, but they weren’t prepared for me. I scaled the fence easily and only obtained minor cuts that would be easy to repair with my medical experience. I landed on the opposite side of the fence with a light thud. I gazed up at the tall building and sighed with relief, I would finally be able to rest for a little bit. I began making my way towards the prison, but what I didn’t realize was there was someone watching me from one of the many towers that sat overlooking the court yard I was in. This person must have mistaken me for a walker because the next thing I knew I had an arrow in my shoulder.

I choked back the scream that I wanted so badly to release as my training began to kick in. I darted for the rock that sat just in front of me and kneeled so I was no longer visible. I broke the tip of the arrow off and pulled the remainder of it through my shoulder. I was extremely lucky because the arrow missed my artery. I grabbed my pack off of my back and flung it open grabbing the first aid kit. Once I had it open I grabbed the gauze and pressed it to the wound, then I grabbed the alcohol pads and carefully cleaned it. I would have to stitch this up once I got inside but for now I just had to stop the bleeding, so I wrapped it with more gauze and applied some antiseptic cream.

I looked up from my spot behind the rock and saw a group of people heading out of the building. I couldn’t believe it. It was actual people. I put my back to the rock and pushed my body into a standing position. They all stared at me in shock it was like I had three heads or something. I picked up my bag and threw it over my good shoulder and walked closer to the group. My eyes scanned over each of their faces until I landed on the guy who had a bow slung over his shoulder just like me. I narrowed my eyes at him and got even closer to him looking him up and down I asked “you the one that shot me?” He stared at me for a moment before nodding his head “next time make sure it’s the head…you just wasted a perfectly good arrow” I handed him back the now broken arrow. He looked at me bewildered as I pushed passed him and began making my way towards the prison once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! Let me know what you think :D