Status: Like, Comment, Follow me, any suggestions feel free to say them!

World War 3

Memories and Old Friends

we sat in silence as we waited for the hungry growls outside of the door to die down. It had been at least forty minutes since we had gotten trapped inside this room and I was beginning to get a little restless. I reached for my knife that was inside my coat pocket and began carving little symbols and words into the wood of the table. The only light we had was that of the flashlight, which sat on the table pointing towards the ceiling. Daryl was still staring at me and I was about to snap any minute, until I could no longer take it “what's your deal Dixon?” I was angry now, I mean what had I done to deserve this attitude from him. After all he is the one that shot me.
I waited for a response as I stared at his face looking for a tell, but he showed nothing what so ever. He just scoffed “what! What the hell is your problem with me?” His eyes looked a lil hurt when I said that and then they turned to anger “wow, you really that stupid. You're sayin that you don't remember.” I shook my head slowly “remember what” he let out an exasperated sigh before he reached into his pants pocket and pulled out his wallet and fetched a picture from inside.
He handed me the picture and I studied it. It was faded and a lil worn around the edges, but you could still see that there was a little boy sitting next to a little girl. They looked happy and that's when I realized that the little girl in this photo was me. I was probably about nine or ten. My face must have been contorted or somethin because Daryl let out a small chuckle “you really didn’t remember, did ya” I shook my head no as I handed him back the photo.
I looked back up to him, but this time my eyes held the hurt as I looked into his eyes “h-how could I have completely forgotten you” and just like that all of the memories came flooding back.
-----FLASH BACK----
“Tag you're it!” I squealed as I tapped Daryl’s shoulder. He let out a small laugh as he chased after me “oh no you didn't.” I slid behind the closest tree and clasped my hand over my mouth to conceal my giggles. Just then I was tackled from behind and we both crashed to the ground. We both sat up as we smiled at each other “h-hey Jen, promise me somethin” I smiled at those words “anythin for you Daryl.” He continued talking “promise me that no matter what, we'll always be friends” I let out a laugh “of course” and with that I held out my pinky for the official promise between friends.
----BACK TO PRESENT----
I pushed back the tears as I realized that my childhood friend, and my very first crush, and kiss was sitting in front of me “Daryl...its really you.” he just gave a nod and with that I pulled him into a hug as my tears finally fell. He placed his hands on each side of my face “hey Jen” and with that I let out a small laugh, only Daryl would be able to make me laugh at a time like this. “ya think maybe the coast is clear?” I wiped my tears from my face “only one way to be sure. We both stood from our chairs and made our way to the door, making sure to grab the flashlight. “Here goes nothin” Daryl said as he slowly opened the door, which to our relief all the walkers had left.
Daryl motioned for me to follow him. I gently shut the door behind me as I followed Daryl through the catacombs and back to the first door that we had entered not even two hours earlier. The door was locked but luckily Daryl had a spare key. He unlocked the door and let me go through first before shutting the door behind us and locking it. I gasped as I looked to the floor, it was slathered with blood and the blood was fresh “oh my god, what happened here?” I looked to Daryl for any answer at all but he only shook his head. The blood trail led out of the door and down towards the medical bay, so we followed only to see that Hershel was laying in the bottom bunk with bandages wrapped around his leg, or what was left of it. I wanted to ask how he was and give him a check up just to see how he was, but he was out cold. I looked to Daryl “what the hell happened?”