Polygamy

Chapter 6

As the newcomer to the whole dominant and submissive organization in the small apartment that I lived, I was the one forced to do much of the chores around. I heard it was probably a good thing though, from a younger girl named Mila who lived in a submissive apartment below, since a dominant always loved a submissive that could do the chores and take care of their dominant. She told me perhaps that was why my more “experienced” submissive friends had put me up to doing all of the chores, but I wasn’t so convinced.

I didn’t see it being a necessity that I would have to do such things anyways… Maybe it was only my knowledge of the vast world beyond, but I didn’t see how making me do all of the chores could make me any more experienced. I had been pursued to do the same things for my parents too, so I thought I was experienced enough.

Still, I had to do all of the chores or risk upsetting the other submissives that I lived with. Had I not been in such a precarious position as a submissive, I probably would’ve taken the risk, but there certainly wasn’t any way for me to do anything different now.

I had gotten into the bathroom with a little bit of a jog to beat Samantha – never Sam, she hated it if you called her Sam so I did it when we fought. “I’m going to the market this morning!” I called to her when she protested, but she knew I had the priority since they had all been in my position as the chore slave.

It was only the market, but I always figured it was better for me to look my best since I could maybe find a dominant and be married away from this hell of a home; I wasn’t sure I would even be any happier there, but I would have to deal with it anyways.

I stood staring at myself in the mirror for a moment, running my fingers through my curled hair and breathing out heavily. I had decided to take a quick shower to try to tame some of my wild curls the previous night, but it hadn’t helped much; big, curly hair was custom in my family and something I hadn’t missed. I chose against keeping my hair down when it was so wild and pulled it back with a thin hairband that left me with a thick, pretty ponytail.

I was graced with a clean, fresh-looking skin, so I didn’t put on much makeup except a dusting of concealer and some eyeliner that Mila had told me made my eyes “pop.” I put on a long, flowing dress like the ones I wore during the summers in the heat and some golden sandals to go with the dress. Luckily it would be rather warm for the morning and a short walk to the market square wouldn’t be too testy – but rather refreshing.

Samantha was still sitting next to the bathroom, with an incredible willpower for straight-laced posture if I did say so myself, and she thanked me for not taking as long as I “usually did.” See, now that was one thing I wasn’t looking forward to: sharing a whole house with other snobby submissives, not to mention sharing a guy.

I was happy to get outside on my own for a little once I had gotten out of the stagnant air of the apartment complex. Every way I turned my head, I saw a submissive and dominant couple walking together down the street and I hugged my arms tighter around my own self. I wondered if a submissive and a dominant was as happy as a couple on the inside as they were on the outside, and I wondered if the love had grown between submissives and their dominant, or if they all had rivalries.

The marketplace wasn’t too far away from the house – and there were plenty of others scattered in other farther places of the submissive and dominant community – but this one always seemed to have an influx of people as if all submissives chose to do their shopping on this day.

There was a bar on the far side that most dominants hung out at, but I usually stayed away from there since I didn’t like their wandering eyes. Of course, today the fruit stand that was best in the market was right by there and I had to go over to it, but I wrapped my arms even tighter around myself as I walked over.

A light haired man met my eyes and I couldn’t help but smile. He reminded me of a boy that I had been friends with at home and I felt a little more confident as our eyes met. Well, whether I wanted it or not, he got up from his seat at the bar and headed over to me.