Status: If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's OK to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color. ~Johnny Depp

Are the Cameras on yet?

Chapter one

I was sitting in my office going over the script that I just revised for CryBaby. I needed a Wade Walker. I had put out a request for auditions not too long ago, I already had two scheduled for today.

First, at around 10:30AM a no name auditioned, he was decent I guess. Around 3:30PM the talented Leonardo DiCaprio came in he did well. After a Day of thought processing, It came down to DiCaprio. So, I picked up my phone and called.
Ring, Ring, Ring...

"Hello?" his delicate voice rang through my head.

"Uhh, yes, hello, this is Izabella Grassi, You had come in yesterday for the role of Wade in my film CryBaby. I was just calling you to see when we could make an appointment to make this work?" I spoke with confidence.

"Mhmm, I'm free anytime this week after tomorrow between the hours 2 and 5 pm." He said in an annoyed tone.

"Well then would Wednesday at 3 Work?" I asked in my still professional tone.

"Mhm, yeah sure whatever, I'll have my manager write it down." The line went dead.
I remember thinking to myself, Damn what crawled up his ass and died.

Sighing I made myself something to snack on and sat in my big chair. What to, do what to do. As I recline in my seat, I start to doze off into a dreamless sleep.

Although it was interrupted by curt ringing of my phone. I groaned inwardly, the unknown high pitched wails echoing through my head in my half asleep state.

I rose slowly and came to and realize the phone ringing.

"Hello?" I ask in a weary voice after fumbling for my cell.

"Hi, is Izabella Grassi there?" A voice asked from the other line.

"This is she." I say waking up more now coming to my senses.

"Oh, Uhm, this is Leonardo's manager, I'm sorry to say but he was just booked for another movie." The lady said.

"That's fine." I hung up the phone and sighed. I have to call the one man I never wanted to see again.

I picked up my phone and searched through my contacts hoping I'd find someone else before I hit his name.

Halie, Justin, Johnny. I Sighed and tapped his name, clicking his house number. It felt like forever waiting for an answer. "Hello?" his girlfriend answered.

"Hey, is uh, is Johnny available?" I asked.

"Um, yeah one moment." there was a pause then his voice.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Uh, Johnny it's Izabella. I was wondering if you would want to look over my new script to see if you were interested in the lead role?" I asked feeling my stomach clench.

"Oh, Zella! Of course. When did you want to go over the script?" He asked.

"Whenever." I replied sternly, but smiled briefly at the old nickname.

"How about tomorrow over lunch?" He suggested.

"That works." I told him

"Well, I'll see you then." He said. I hung up the phone and sighed.

Well that broke the ice quite nicely. But I started thinking of why I had used to have all this hate toward him.

I had a flashback...

***
"Izabella, come on. We're not doing anything wrong." He pushed. He only ever called me by my full name when something was wrong.

"But, If Peter comes he's going to be so mad!" I replied.

"All we're doing is watching a movie. Nothing's going to happen." He reassured me.

I sighed, "Alright." I walked over and sat next to him on the small love seat in his room, well he pressed play. As the movie played I became dreary. "Johnny, I'm tired." I tell him.

"Lay your head on my shoulder and go to sleep then, Zella." he slipped his arm around me and I did and he said.

About an hour later I woke up and Johnny was gone, there was a pillow under my head and I was covered up. I rubbed my eyes and got up to investigate. I heard arguing in the other room so peeked in. Johnny and Peter were arguing.

"How could you! Really, you're supposed to be my best friend." Peter whisper yelled.

"I didn't do anything! We were watching a movie and she got tired, Peter!" Johnny yelled back.

"Johnny you know how she is! I can't believe you. I'm so done here."

Peter walked towards the door and I dashed back to Johnny's room and laid down closing my eyes. I heard someone walk in but I didn't move. They were moving around then walked out. I heard a yell then a door slam. I sat up and glanced around. Johnny walked in, and sat on his bed.

"Johnny, what happened?" I asked looking around and seeing a paper on the table by where I was with my name on it. I picked it up.

"Peter came over..." Johnny replied.

I looked at the paper and as I read tears filled my eyes. Johnny asked what was wrong, but I couldn't talk to him..

He took the paper and read it. His eyes went wide and he looked at me. "I'm so sorry, Zel, I didn't think he'd-" I cut him off.

"Don't." I got up and walked out of the room down the hall to the living room and opened the door. Johnny followed repeating how sorry he was.

"Don't even. I'm so sick of it Johnny. Because of you me and Peter would fight and argue non stop and now he's gone!"

"Izabella. You know we didn't do anything! Why are you doing this. We're supposed to be best friends!" Johnny rose his voice.

"I am not your friend John. I hate you. You're nothing to me." I walked out slamming the door.
***
My gosh, this is going to be one hell of a movie shot. What am I going to do...?
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Should I continue?