Status: active

To Keep You Close to Me

I'm Sorry

Glenn and I quickly drank the bottle of wine. He had more to drink than did, so he was a little more tipsy that I was. But I was catching up to him. After the bottle was drained, we went in search of something else. We ventured out to the kitchen and found a bunch of bottles. I grabbed a bottle of wine from the shelf and popped it open. I grabbed two glasses from another shelf and poured an equal amount of red liquid in each one.

I handed one glass to Glenn, who took a big swig. I grabbed my cup and the bottle and began to walk back to our rooms, but stopped and grabbed yet another bottle. With the two bottles tucked under my arm, I followed Glenn back to our rooms. Glenn stopped at the rec room, suggesting we play a game.

I set the bottles carefully down onto the table, along with my glass. Glenn started looking around for something that we could play. He found a deck of cards and tossed them to me so that he could continue his search.

“What could we play with two people?” I asked.

“Dunno. I didn’t really think of that,” he admitted.

“There’s always ‘go fish’,” I laughed jokingly. “If only we had more alcohol choices, we could play some fun drinking games.”

He laughed, “yeah.”

“I’d really like some tequila,” I stated.

“Were you a big drinker?”

“No. I just worked at a bar and we often sampled certain things,” I said.

“You worked at a bar too? Why’d you have two jobs?” Glenn asked.

“I had to pay the bills somehow.”

“Didn’t Daryl work?”

“He found some jobs, but it was hard for him. Pretty much the whole town knew Merle, and they just assumed Daryl was the same. He’s not like Merle, not in any way. It might not seem like it now, but once he warms up to everyone, his loyalty will show. He’s a very loyal man.”

Glenn nodded as I spoke. I downed my glass of wine, pouring myself another.

“C’mon Glenn, start drinking,” I pressed. He chugged his glass, mouth puckering from the sour taste. “We’re celebrating!”

We ended up playing go fish. There really weren’t too many other options in the rec room. Glenn won the first round and at that point, the first bottle of wine was almost empty. I suggested that we invite Daryl to play. Even though he ignored me, I felt bad leaving him by himself. Glenn, who was starting to get drunk, agreed with me. So I walked out of the rec room and over to Daryl’s room.

He was laying on the couch, bottle of whiskey in his hands. I knocked on the wall beside me, causing him to look up.

“Me and Glenn are in the rec room, playing games if you want to join,” I said. He chewed on the inside of his mouth while he pondered. “C’mon, play with us.”

Daryl stumbled up and followed me out of the room. We walked in to see Glenn chugging the last few sips straight from the bottle. I let out a laugh, seeing as he was already drunk, I had to join him. Daryl and I sat down on the couch across from Glenn. I grabbed the other bottle and popped it open, immediately taking the first sip. I poured a little more in Glenn’s glass and kept the bottle in my hand, occasionally sipping from it.

Daryl sat beside me, taking another swig of whiskey. He grabbed the deck of cards and shuffled them, dealing the cards between the three of us. We played another round of ‘go fish,’ which somehow turned into ‘bullshit.’ Glenn called bullshit when I told him that I didn’t have any three’s. It wasn’t a big deal; we were all too drunk to actually notice.

Our voices were loud as we laughed. The second bottle of wine was just about gone, so Daryl shared his whiskey with me. I never liked whiskey, but I drank it anyway. I was feeling too good to pass it up.

It was getting late and we were all exhausted. So I sent Glenn to bed with a glass of water. I knew that he was going to feel like shit in the morning, so it would be best to get him to bed now. Once he was gone, Daryl and I walked back to his room. I forgot that I claimed the other room and as I tried to walk out, Daryl grabbed my hand.

“Stay,” he said. His hands cupped my face, bringing it close to his. His lips brushed against my own. I wasn’t sure if this was the alcohol talking or if this was his apology. But it had been so long since he actually kissed me that I wasn’t going to protest it.

For some reason, I was nervous being this close to Daryl. It had been so long since we actually did anything more than kiss. With Merle always being at the house and then having to share a tent with him, it was hard to have any alone time.

Now was golden opportunity. I started unbuttoning Daryl’s plaid shirt and was surprised when he didn’t try to stop me. Before taking his shirt off completely, I kicked the door shut with my foot and returned my attention back to Daryl, who waited for me. His hands drunkenly grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to him. I cupped my hands around his face and pressed my lips against his.

His fingers reached under my shirt, pulling it up as his hands glided up my back. I broke away from the kiss and lifted my arms up, allowing for my shirt to come off of my body. Immediately, Daryl’s lips attached to mine passionately. I didn’t mind drunk Daryl; his true self usually came out. He was sweet, gentle and caring.

My hands dropped down to his pants and my fingers worked his button free. After sliding them down, Daryl stepped out of his pants and kicked them to the side. Daryl guided me over to the couch until the back of my knees collided with the bottom. I sat down on the couch and threw my legs up, waiting for Daryl. Instead of crawling on top of me, he walked over to one of our bags and searched around its contents. He then pulled a new box of condoms out of the bag and ripped open the package.

“We never really got a chance to use these,” he smirked. He pulled a single condom out and carried it in his hands as he walked back over to me. I laid back on the couch, adjusting the pillow beneath my head. Daryl climbed between my legs, kissing my chest before kissing my lips. His body hovered as he unbuttoned my jeans, sliding them off in one swift motion. Next to come off was my underwear, which was tossed somewhere by Daryl, and then finally he removed his boxers.

He rolled on the condom and pushed himself into me, causing a gasp to escape my lips. He rocked his hips against mine slowly at first but then gained speed. Wrapping my arms around his broad shoulders, I moaned against his skin. I dug my fingers into the skin on his back as he pushed deeper inside of me.
The sensation was pure ecstasy. I arched my back, feeling the pleasure seep through my body. Daryl placed his face in my neck, panting against my skin. He continued in and out, pounding harder and harder with each thrust.

Daryl trailed his lips from my neck down to my collar bone and lightly sucked on the skin. Another moan escaped my lips. Daryl pushed himself up, balancing on his knees as he grabbed my hips tightly and slammed into me.

“Fuck,” I moaned. Daryl maintained his movements. My body shook as I began to sense my climax. I clawed at his back, feeling the sweat on his protruding muscles. Daryl thrust into my body a few more times until I finally reached my climax, moaning out his name.

Shortly after I had finished, Daryl hit his peak and groaned. Afterwards, Daryl stood up and grabbed his boxers. Once he slid on his boxers, he then pulled his pants on. He reached down and grabbed my underwear and tossed them to me. I wished that Daryl could be a little more romantic when it came to sex, but he was never one to cuddle.

“Daryl, can we talk?” I asked, sitting up from the couch.

“‘bout what?”

“How you’ve been acting. How we’ve been acting,” I said. I thought it was obvious, but Daryl wouldn’t have guessed.

Daryl inhaled sharply. I didn’t want to mess things up again, since we just made up, well sexually anyway. But I had to talk to him about it. I didn’t want us fighting anymore. We had a good thing going here and I wanted us to be fine.

“I’m sorry,” he spoke softly. An apology from Daryl was rare, so if you could get him to say sorry, it should be considered an accomplishment.

“You wouldn’t really leave me, would you?” I asked. Daryl responded by shaking his head and then motioning for me to come to bed with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. So Daryl apologized, but how long do you think him being nice will last? If you guys comment, I'll update faster!

Thanks to everyone who did comment!
Mikey Whiskey Hands.
Ohh.Snap
WhoAreYouJudy
Sarahlamppost
kirsti182