Status: In Progress

Between The Lines

Prologue

Some people love London, other Paris, but there’s no city quite like New York. Often referred to as ‘The capitol of the world’, it is the place that people came to explore, have an adventure, fall in love, but most of all, chase their dreams. With a shadow cast by the iconic Empirte State Building and the statue of Liberty to watch over it, New York is the city of dreams.

Thomas Wolfe once said: “One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years”

However, any outsider of New York can observe those who live under it’s vast skyline, have belonged for years, each having the same habit as the next. Whether it was something in the air or water, every New Yorker walks five paces quicker than the visitors, they tend to keep to themselves, have little patience and a caffeinated beverage and a bagel are essential to the existence of a New Yorker.

Harper Quinn was a true New Yorker at heart. Despite having traveled all over the world with her father, founder of Quinn and Co, the leading public relations and production agency worldwide, New York was home. The petite nineteen year-old never tired of the sounds made by passing taxis and pedestrians each time her feet hit the pavement outside of her Madison Avenue apartment.

With her golden locks that cascaded down her spine and piercing green orbs, Harper was easy on the eyes, but looks can be deceiving. She put up a front of fake smiles and flirtatious words, hiding away her emotions that not even she wanted to face. To put it simply, she didn't believe in love that lasted forever. She has the kind of smile that says, “you don’t know me, and you never will”

No one knew her story, yet what she really needed was someone to look beyond the cover and read between the lines
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone! so this is just a small opening to help set the scene for the story. Don't worry though the chapters will be longer

Subscribe and comment if you like it :)