Status: In Progress

Between The Lines

Ten

After a gruelling day of rehearsals, the boys were finally let go with just a couple of hours until their performance. Upon returning to their hotel, all five of them collapsed on the couches in the living room.

“I want to sleep” Louis whined. “And we haven’t even performed yet”

“That was the worst rehearsal” Zayn joined in on the complaining.

Harper sat in the kitchen, not bothering to pay attention to the boys chatter. Her mind was still spinning from the conversation she had overheard between Niall and Liam. She knew she shouldn’t be thinking about it or let it bother her, but it did.

“You’re awfully quiet over there Harper” Harry said, causing her to look up at him and the others “and you can’t use the excuse of I’m tired from rehearsals”

“Oh no I was just....thinking” was all she could say.

“Better not do that” Louis told her “It’s not good for you, that’s why I don’t bother”

“Yeah and look where it gets you half of the time” Zayn laughed. Despite only claiming to be tired a few minutes ago, Louis proceed to jump on Zayn, trying to mess up the younger boy’s hair.

The others all joined in and began making jokes about each other. Harper let out a sigh of relief, glad the spotlight was off her. She needed to push what she had heard Niall say to the back of her mind and forget about it.

“You alright Harper?” Niall asked her while the others were all mucking around.

“Just fine thanks, it’s honestly just been a long week” She offered the blonde a smile. Niall nodded, not pushing the conversation anymore.

“Right boys I’m going to head back to my apartment to get changed so I suggest you do the same” She told them “I’ll meet you boys back here soon”

“Wait I want to see what your apartment looks like!” Louis told her “Can we meet you there instead?” The others all agreed, it would save Harper the walk here and all they had to do was tell the driver to swing by to pick her up.

“Alright I don’t see why not” Harper got up to leave, after giving Liam the address so someone responsible at least knew where they were headed. “See you boys soon”

Harper got changed into some a little more flattering than the bland business clothes she wore from Monday to Friday. Her wardrobe was never short on something to wear, and as she sifted through it her fingers caught the material of her favourite black dress. Touching up her make-up, she then slipped into the dress just as there was a rather loud and obnoxious knock on the door.

“Coming!” She shouted.

Opening up the door, she saw the fresh faces of the five boys she’d come to know over the past few days.

“Welcome to my humble abode” Stepping aside she let them all into her apartment, all boys clearly impressed by her living arrangements.

“You live her all by yourself?” Zayn asked taking in his surroundings. “It’s quite big for one person”

Harper lived in a two bedroom apartment with a study that had the perfect view of Central Park and surrounding parts of the city. With its polished wooden floors and white washed walls, it was spacious, and had a spiral staircase situated near the living room that led up to the bedrooms and bathrooms. The study ran just off of the living room as well as the generous sized kitchen complete with pristine marble counter tops.

“You get used to it” She simply shrugged. Harry plopped himself onto her leather couch with a smug grin on his face. “By all means Harry make yourself at home”

“Don’t mind if I do” He replied. “I could live in a place like this, all it needs is a slide attached to the staircase and it’d be perfect”

“Hey Harper” Niall called from across the room, a photo frame in his hand “Who is this in the picture”
“It’s me with my Dad” She told the boy, little emotion in her voice.

“Will we get the chance to meet him while we’re here?” Niall asked.

“No” Harper replied flatly, her eyes growing sadder. “He’s not....you know what never mind, it’s a long story”

Niall nodded, a little confused by her reply but respected her privacy enough not to pry anymore.
Judging from the look on her face she didn’t want to talk about it.

“Alright boys shall we head off?” Harper announced

Image

“Here are the British heartthrobs, One Direction, with their new single Little Things” The hostess of the X-Factor announced.

The crowd went into frenzy as the lights in the room dimmed and the ones on the stage lit up revealing the five members of the band. Either side of them now were to massive screens that were focused on each member when they sang their part of the song, which was currently Zayn. Each time a new member began singing and appeared on the screens, the crowd would scream even louder.
Harper stood side stage and watched as they put their all into the performing the song for the first time live. Each boy really trying to hit the notes perfectly. She had to admit; they were good and could tell why the world was in love with them.

“I’m in love with and all your little things”

Every member of the audience gave the boys a standing ovation as they cheered and erupted into applause. The boys were all sharing the same wide smile as they took a small bow.

“Give it up for One Direction!” The hostess cheered in an overly fake voice “The boys will be right back after the break with another song”

After leaving the X-Factor stage for the last time after performing their second song, the boys all ran to find Harper and engulfed her into a group hug.

“I can’t breathe!” She protested. They all laughed, but let go of her “What was that for?”
They all shrugged “No reason at all” Liam said simply.

“We should celebrate!” Louis announced, looking at Harper.

“You know what; I’m in the mood for a drink so let’s go”
♠ ♠ ♠

So I've entered a competition and I'll be writing about One Direction but I don't know which member to write about, help me out?