Status: In Progress

Between The Lines

Sixteen

The release of One Direction second studio album, Take Me Home, went off without a hitch. It was met with an even greater response than their first album as it went immediately to number one on the charts.

The band had been so busy with interviews, signings and TV performances in the first week of its release they barely had a chance to breathe, including Harper who was feeling equally stressed out, if not more. She’d thrown herself into the deep end, pushing all her troubles to the back of her mind.

Harper wanted nothing more than for things to go back to the way they were before, before she’d spent the night with Niall, but she knew no matter how hard she wished it wasn’t going to happen. She would have to put up with the thick cloud of tension between her and Niall. Harry had told her about the spat between him and Niall, but the boys quickly apologised and everything went back to the way it was before, at least for them anyway.

Now they were all off to The City of Angels for a very short four days. While there, they’d only have one day off. The rest would be filled with the performance on Ellen and more promotional stuff for the album.

“LA here we come!” Harry and Louis shouted as they ran riot through the crowded airport, earning themselves a few looks from older patrons who had no idea they were a part of a successful boy band, rather just teenagers being idiots.

It was going to be a very long five hour flight if those two continued being obnoxious.
Following directly behind Louis, Harper let out a sigh when she realised where her seat was. By some hideous trick of fate, she was sitting right next to Niall.

“Hey” was all she could manage to say to him. Without even looking at Harper, Niall got up, grabbed his things and moved to sit next to Zayn. Harper sighed and then sat down.

“Sorry about Niall” Liam replaced Niall, having given up his seat for the blonde to sit next to Harper “He’s just stubborn”

“Well he has every right to be angry with me” Harper pulled out a book that she’d been saving especially for this long flight. “I just wish I could stop feeling so guilty about it all”

“Do you have feelings for him?” Liam queried, though he had an inkling she did.

“I don’t know, honestly I really don’t” She told Liam “I’m not a fan of serious relationships anyway”

“There’s nothing to be afraid of when you’re in a relationship with someone you love and care about”
Harper just nodded in reply, turning her attention to the book in her hands.

It wasn’t being in a relationship with someone you loved that scared Harper, it was love itself.
By the time the group touched down in LA it was mid-afternoon. Harper was exhausted, she often got tired after flying, and all she wanted to do was sleep. But of course, there would be none of that when with five loud boys.

Much like their arrival in New York, the boys all ran through the hotel suite they would staying in whilst in LA, trying to get the best room. There was four rooms in total, they had all decided to give Harper her own room as she was the only girl, and then a few rounds of intense paper, scissors, rock decided who out of the boys would get his own room whilst the others shared. Niall of course was the winner again, much to everyone’s dismay.

With her luggage in tow, Harper made her way to the room she would be staying and collapsed on the bed. She wished she could say the only thing on her mind was a nice cup of coffee and an afternoon nap, but it wasn’t. The short conversation with Liam was running circles through her thoughts and not to mention her ongoing tension with Niall. Life was much simpler before the boys of One Direction showed up.

“Why don’t you go ask Harper then!” Upon hearing her name being yelled through the suite, Harper left the room and ventured out into the living area. The boys were all seated on the lounges, having what appeared to be an argument.

“What are we asking me?” The boys all turned to look at their assistant.

“Well” Louis began, “Harry, Zayn, Niall and I all want to go out clubbing for the night, but Liam is being a spoil sport like usual”

“It’s not that I don’t want to go out Louis, I just think it’s best we have a night in”

“But we have the day off tomorrow!” Harry protested before turning to Harper. “So what do you think?”

“Harry has a point” She told them, mainly Liam. “It’s definitely the perfect night for fun”
Being the child he is, Harry poked his tongue out at Liam before giving Louis a successful high five. Laughing, Harper retreated back to her relax, debating whether or not she was up to having a night out.

As night fell on the city, Harper could hear the sounds of the boys running around as they got ready to go out. Like usual, Harry was walking around with no pants on from the sounds of Liam’s shouts that echoed through the suite. A knock on the door broke Harper from her thoughts and she smiled at Louis as he poked his head in.

“Will you be joining us tonight Miss Quinn?” Harper let out a laugh at his ridiculous use of proper English.

“I’m afraid not Mr. Tomlinson, I need a night to myself so I expect you boys to be on your best behaviour”

“Yes ma’am!” Louis saluted her and then left the room.

It was not long after did the boys all finally leave for their adventurous night out and silence settled over the suite. Finally Harper had sometime to herself, allowing her to breathe and relax without the boys of One Direction bothering her.
♠ ♠ ♠