Status: In Progress

Between The Lines

Two

Much to her displeasure, Harper was forced to take one of the firm’s limos to pick up the infamous boy band. Pulling up in a limo the day One Direction are flying in to New York was a red flag, particularly screaming ‘This is for One Direction, come and get us!’ A simple SUV would have sufficed.

Telling the driver to pull up out the front, Harper smoothed out her dress and made her way inside JFK airport. She was dead wrong when thinking it would be like a needle in a haystack when trying to locate the boys. Hundreds of loud teenage girls and paparazzi were all crowded around what Harper could only presume to be One Direction. Airport police and what appeared to be their bodyguard were helping the boys as they made their way through the crowd, smiling for photos and signing autographs for their fans.

As the boys reached the front of the crowd, now slightly barricaded from their fans by security, Harper took this as her opportunity to approach them.

“I’m Harper Quinn” She told them “I work for Eleanor Quinn at Quinn and Co PR, follow me” Without another word, she turned on her heel was walked back to the limo, not even caring if they were following her or not. A small smirk formed in the corner of her mouth, their shocked expressions were quite amusing. She leant against the limo while they placed their excessive amount of luggage in the trunk. She opened the door, trying to usher them all into the limo.

“After you” the boy with sporting a red beanie, his curly hair just poking out from underneath it, a hint of flirting evident in his voice. Harper just rolled her eyes and got in. Once the door had shut behind the last boy, she ordered the driver to leave for their hotel.

Harper copied the boys actions as they all glanced out the window, watching as fans tried running after the limo. They all chuckled, thinking it was quite hilarious, Harper on the other hand thought it was ridiculous to chase after a moving vehicle full of celebrities.

Once away from the airport, Harper busied herself with her iPhone and day planner, stenciling in every interview, TV appearance and performance the boys had.

Gazing out of her peripheral vision, Harper noticed the blonde boy sitting next to her was glancing at what she was doing. Looking up she shot him a small glare.

“Sorry” he quickly muttered “I didn’t mean to be rude, just curious. I’m Niall by the way” He bore a wide grin on his face.

“Harper”

“I’m Liam” the brunette with the buzz cut next to him said.

“Louis!” the shaggy haired boy by the window practically shouted.

“I’m Zayn” the dark skinned one said more quietly than the others, giving her a small nod.

“And I’m Harry Styles by the way” the one sitting across from her flirted again, giving her a slight smirk that no doubt she would be seeing quite often.

“I had no idea” she smirked back

“Oh we got ourselves a sassy one here boys!” Harry announced, earning a grin from the one who had introduced himself as Louis.

As the boys fell into their nonchalant conversation, Harper returned to her day planner ignoring their banter and stupid jokes. Already they were talking about checking out the night clubs and picking up women.

“Just ignore Harry” An Irish accent filtered through ears “I do sometimes”

“Oh he’s fine, I can put up with a little bit of flirting. Trust me, he’s nothing compared to some people I’ve dealt with”

“Well just a fair warning, wouldn’t want to see you get hurt” Niall smiled, Harper could tell his words were sincere.

“Thanks, but I can look after myself”

Niall sighed and turned away from Harper, tuning into the conversation that the boys were having. Harper hoped her words hadn’t come out rude, but judging from Niall’s reaction, they had.

Image

Harper let out a sigh as the pulled up to the hotel the British boys would be calling home for the next month. Paparazzi had obviously gotten word of what hotel they were staying at and were now camped out outside waiting for their arrival. Slipping on her sunglasses, Harper got out of the car after the boys only to be met with blinding flashes. Quickly instructing the Bellhop the floor they were staying on, she indicated for the boys to follow her as their bodyguard, Paul, made a clear path for them to the door.

“So how did we end up with such a fit assistant? We usually get old hags who have no idea what they are doing”

“Harry” Liam warned, but Harry ignored him.

“How old are you?”

“Fifty, does that make me an old hag?” Harper said without skipping a beat.

“This one’s got some attitude”. The boys all snickered while Harry smirked at her again, causing her to roll her eyes.

“You have no idea” Harper muttered, earning herself a look from all the boys. “I’m nineteen” she told them.

“Thought so! Pay up lads” Louis announced, as each boy produced a note from his wallet to give to the grinning brunette.

“You made a bet on you could guess my age?”

“Of course” Harry said, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

The second the elevator doors opened, each boy shuffled out as quickly as they could. They all began shouting as they disappeared to fight over who got what room. Harper placed their five swipe cards on the large, smooth marble counter top in the kitchen.

“I called dibs!” she heard Harry shout from down the hall. Harper smiled softly to herself at their behaviour.

“Was that a smile I just saw?” She turned to see Niall, grinning like usual.

Shaking her head at the boy, Harper pulled out a piece of paper from her bag and place it next to the swipe cards.

“Your keys are on the counter. If you need anything, there is also a list of numbers to call”
“Does that include yours?” Harry asked, coming into the room.

“Figure that for yourself” She replied “I’ll see you boys all bright and early tomorrow”

“What’s tomorrow?” Zayn asked, plopping himself down on the couch.

“Good Morning America” Harper frowned “You will be performing on Good Morning America. Don’t you guys check your schedules?”

They all exchanged a look. “No, not really” Liam said

“We usually just do whatever management tells us” Louis shrugged

Harper rubbed her temples, “Well you’re singing on Good Morning America, I’ll be here at Five−”

“In the morning?!” Louis looked horrified

“No at night you moron” Harry replied.

“Right” Harper went on “I’ll be here at five. Be ready or else you’ll be going to the interview naked for all I −”

“Bet you like that love” Harry winked at her.

Harper rolled her eyes. “There is a list of numbers on the counter, including mine” Harry let out ‘Yes!’ “If you need anything just call, but please only an emergency and not if you need someone to tuck you into bed”

“If you’re offering” Harry said, smirking.

“Watch it Styles” Harper shot him a glare.

“Right now the boring business stuff is over, let’s order room service” Louis said “Order up lads”
As each boy dashed to look over at the menu, Harper grabbed her bag and made her way for the elevator.

“Do you want to stay for some food Harper?” Niall asked.

“I should really get back to the office” She shot down politely “I’ve got some paperwork to fill out”

Niall looked disappointed but offered her a smile anyway. “Another time then”

“Be ready−”

“At five!” they all said in unison.

Harper glared at them as the doors closed. Let out a breath, she leant against the back of the elevator; it was going to be a long month for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
first appearance of the boys! So this is only the start but it'll get so much better :)