Status: In Progress

Between The Lines

Seven

Harry Styles woke up the next morning, after their adventurous night out, with a killer hangover and a desperate need of coffee. He walked into the lounge room however with a smirk on his face.

“Why is our PR assistant sleeping in your clothes, in your bed?” He asked the Irishman who had only just woken up moments ago. It was then did Harry finally notice Niall’s face. “Niall what the hell happened to you?”

“Some creep was all over her last night, he wouldn’t let her go so I shoved him and then we got into a punch up” Niall explained. “Then after we got you drunken idiots home I offered for her to stay because it was so late”

“So you didn't shag her?” Harry queried.

“No Harry, nothing happened”

“You wanted it to though”

“Shut up”

“Admit it mate, you fancy her”. Niall opened his mouth to say something back, but shut it again. Harry laughed and walked into the kitchen for coffee.

While Harry made his coffee, Niall decided to make a tweet to make Harper’s job a lot easier. No doubt the tabloids had heard about last night.

Taking a photo of his black eye, he posted it to twitter along with a short tweet.

@NiallOfficial: Got this bad boy helping out a bird in trouble last night

The other boys all slowly began waking up, all looking similar to Harry and all questioning Niall about his face. He explained it four separate times, telling them that Harper was in his room. They all grinned at the latter, Louis even congratulating him on getting her into his bed even though nothing had happened between the two.

Harper awoke that morning feel refreshed after having a good night’s sleep. She snuggled in to the bed sheets, then suddenly realising were she was. She wasn’t in her room, and certainly not her apartment. She was in Niall’s.

Cursing under her breath, Harper quickly changed back into her dress from the night before. The suite was silent as she quietly slipped out of Niall’s room. She was too busy checking her phone, that had a million missed calls and texts from her mother, to notice the five boys staring at her from the couches.

“Morning Harper” Louis greeted her.

Startled, Harper looked to the wide grins of both Harry and Louis, both clearly assuming something that didn’t happen.

“Nice sex hair” Harry commented, sipping at his coffee giving the blonde girl a wink.

“I’m going to go back to my apartment to get changed” Harper told them, ignoring the looks they were giving her. Glancing at Niall, before averting her eyes she continued. “You boys have an afternoon photo shoot with Seventeen magazine, so be ready by two”.

With that, Harper left the boys and waited for the elevator.

“Go talk to her!” Harry told Niall, who nodded. He quickly dashed out of the lounge room to the entrance but Harper was already gone.

Harper managed to slip out the back of the hotel, thanks to the kind help of a hotel staff member. The paparazzi were waiting for the boys to appear, clearly wanting to know the details of what happened at the club. She knew how bad it would look if she stepped out still wearing last night’s clothes.
The second Harper stepped into her apartment, her phone rang as if knowing she was suddenly home. It was her mother.

“Explain, now” Her mother said. A nice welcome was clearly not on the table this morning.
Harper quickly detailed to her mother the incident of last night. The media had obviously already heard about it and the rumours were starting to fly.

“Right so it was self defence” Her mother confirmed. “Niall tweeted this morning about it, hopefully that should clear things up. I’ve been on the phone all morning getting people to pull the bad stories. I’ll set the record straight so there is no more bad press and rumours. There’s nothing I can do about the photographs of the scene taken by witnesses, but Harper stay out of trouble”

After showering and getting changed, Harper opened her laptop to see what the gossip sites were saying about last night. All had fairly similar headlines.

One Direction’s Niall Horan gets into fight at club.

Good boy, gone bad.


As well as this, there were many photos of the fight and its aftermath. Harper was in all of them, there was even a video of the fight itself. Most sites by now had the record straight. Niall was simply helping out his PR assistant who got into a little bit of trouble. Harper didn’t liked that she was in the photos but there was nothing she could do.

Shutting her laptop, she grabbed her bag and made her way back to the hotel. As soon as the paparazzi caught sight of her, the flashes started and questions were fired at her.

“Miss Quinn can you comment on the events of last night?”

“Are you and Niall in a relationship?”

“Are you aware of the damage this could do to One Direction’s reputation?”

Harper ignored them all and proceeded into the hotel, relieved to have gotten past them. Entering the boy’s suite she found the all in the hunched over a laptop. When they all realised her presence, the computer was quickly shut and each offered her a smile.

“It’s alright boys” She told them “I’ve already seen some of the articles and photos”

“Are you alright?” Liam asked her, concerned after seeing how scared Harper had looked in the photos.

“I’m fine, honestly”

“Are you sure?” Even Louis was being serious now.

“Yes! Now quit worrying, we have a photo shoot to get to”

The boys were immediately whipped into hair and make-up, as well as wardrobe once they arrived. The stylist that got Niall was clearly not impressed, knowing his eye would need a lot of work to cover up the bruises.

Harper found herself a quiet corner where she could observe the shoot but also talk on the phone. The bands management had contacted her directly and reported the record had been set straight, thanking her for her efforts in keeping the boys out of trouble.

Numerous magazines and radio shows had called also wanting to set up interviews following the incident. Harper declined each one, reporting to them that the boys had a full schedule and that the full story had been posted already.

Looking around, Harper asked one of the stylists where she could find the journalist who would be writing the piece on the band. The stylist pointed to the red head with a notepad sitting next to the photographer’s station. After introducing herself to the girl, she told her that nothing of what happened at the club. It was just to be solely focused on One Direction and how they were the biggest boy band in the world right now. The journalist agreed and told Harper she would be discussing the usual topics: dating, their personalities, what it was like being in the band and other related subjects.

“Hey you sure you are alright?” Niall asked, taking a seat beside Harper.

“I told you boys this morning, I’m fine”

“You’re lying”

“So what if I am?” She knew he was only trying to help, but Harper didn’t need it anymore. “I appreciate your concern but can you please just drop it? I can take care of myself now” Harper got up and left the Irish boy sitting there confused.

There was something going on with Harper and Niall was going to figure it out.
♠ ♠ ♠

Two chapters in one day! I'm on a roll. What do you guys think so far? :)