Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

Rose one

The sun rose on the dawn of a new day. It passed over the dew streaked grass, waking the creatures of the wood. The flowers gleamed in the light taking on the forms of jewels. But all this wasn't what woke me up. No it was the sound a spell gone wrong riveting through the house that stirred me from my sleep.

"Not again." I groaned as I pulled a pillow over my head.

My father had been trying to get the same spell right for the past three days. And every time it went horribly wrong. This would be his seventh failed attempt. I waited for the scream that was sure to follow when my mother saw the mess he had made. Sure enough it came exactly five seconds after the boom.

"Henry! What have you done to my kitchen!" Right on schedule.

"Put the wand down Sarah I'll clean up." My fathers voice drifted up through the rafters making it impossible for me to go back to sleep. As if I would have tried in the first place.

"You swore you wouldn't try spells in my kitchen!" She screamed.

Sighing I crawled out from under the safety of my comforter. Slipping my feet into a pair of slippers I quickly headed down the stairs towards the kitchen where a magic battle was already happening. I dodged a flying bowl as I entered the kitchen glaring at my parents.

"Is it possible for you two to start a day without using your magic?" I asked as they turned towards me.

"Oh sorry honey did we wake you up?" My mother asked lowering her wand as she rushed over to me.

"Yes but I'm used to it now. Is there anything edible in the kitchen?" I asked looking at the disaster zone my father had created.

Usually it takes years for a disaster zone to be created. Unless a nuclear explosion happens causing everything in a five mile radius to die. And still it takes awhile for everything to really become polluted. In less then a minute my father had broken every single rule created something that resembled a cross between a nuclear explosion and a dump. To think it used to be our kitchen.

"Here I got some breakfast." My sister said as she walked into the room.

"Foresee a disaster?" I asked as she set the bags of food down on the table.

"You don't have to be a seer to know that when dad's working on a spell anything can go wrong." She replied as she raised her eyes to meet mine.

"Now Jasmine-" My mother started to say.

""You shouldn't undermine your father's powers like that. We all have difficulties when it comes to new things." Was that right?" Jas asked quoting exactly what my mother was going to say.

"Sometimes it's so frustrating to have a seer as a daughter." Was my mother's answer.

"So yes then." I said as I grabbed a few sandwiches.

"Now don't you get snotty with me Maliina. And where are you going? Aren't you going to have breakfast with us?" My mother said noticing that I was leaving.

"No I'm going to eat in my room. I still have to get ready for school." I said already shoving a sandwich into my mouth.

I dashed back up the stairs to my room before my mom could start on how I didn't need to go to school. If you haven't guessed my family isn't exactly normal. My mother is a Witch. The most powerful one in the world. Don't worry she's good wouldn't hurt a fly, unless that fly is my father. Who happens to be a Necromancer. He's just as powerful as my mother but he still can't win in a magic battle against her.

And as my mother mentioned earlier my sister Jasmine (Jas to me) is a seer. Her specialties lay in romance and money which makes her a bunch of money when she goes to work. Her talents appeared when she was five years old, she's one of the more powerful seers that have come in this generation. Which is why my parents where watching me from the moment I was born. However . . . . my powers never manifested. I have none. Which makes me the black sheep of the family.

"No time to think about that." I reminded myself as I started to get dressed for school.

I had an ordinary life. School, hanging out with the few friends I have, and going to the library to study. No boyfriend though. Just normal, it's what I'm used to by now. So basically I live two lives. One at home and one everywhere else. And that's they way I want to keep it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first chapter so I apologize if it's not interesting right away.