Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

The thirteenth rose

As the train rode away from the station I looked out the window and watched as everything I'd grown up with began to move away. I listened to the sounds of the wheels on the tracks my mind barely registering the other people on the train. It was strange, this would be the first time I'd ever left on my own. Or gone anywhere outside the town. When mom left for her meetings and my father went to lead a raising Jas would always have to stay home with me. She used to always complain until she found out I didn't mind being alone when she went out to party.

"Excuse me may I sit here?" A female voice asked breaking me from my thoughts of the past.

"Sure go ahead." I replied without looking at her.

"First time traveling alone?" She asked as she sat down.

"Yes."

"I see then you must be feeling lonely." We both knew she was right so I said nothing back this time.

"I'm visiting my grandchildren. They're always so happy when they see me, but I still feel lonely until I see them." She said as I watched trees pass by.

"Do you visit them often?" I asked once I got tired of the scenery.

"Yes I do although it's getting hard for me to make the trip. I might not be able to see them next year." She sighed and I felt a little bad about bringing it up.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything." I mumbled hanging my head slightly so she wouldn't see my face.

"No it's alright deary. I'm glad you asked. I like to tell people about my family. Most don't listen though." She sounded sad.

"You can tell me, I'll listen."

I felt her smile at me which made the situation a little better. She told me all about her three younger brothers who had all married and had children of their own. And her own son who was a successful business man. One of her two grandchildren was a soccer star and the other played piano. It was nice just listening to her drone on about her family. It completely took my mind off my own. When night came she excused herself and found somewhere else to sleep so i was able to stretch out.

"You didn't have to leave." I told her the next morning.

"I know but you remind me of my son, he used to hate sleeping upright. I thought you'd be more comfortable that way." Even though I wasn't looking at her I knew she was smiling again. And that person hadn't entered my dreams so I was able to sleep well.

The next day we reached the station where I had to get out at. I collected my things as the train slowed then said my goodbyes.

"It was nice talking to you dear."

"You too." I said as I stepped out into the small walkway.

As the train pulled away I waved to her but she must not have seen. When it was gone I turned and looked at my surroundings. I was in a strange city with only one destination in mind. My uncles house. If there was anyone who could break the spell on my parents and Jas it was him. Even if he didn't have that much power, magical people from all over the world came to him for advice. I just hoped he remembered me. I was about to start walking when I heard a croak from my luggage.

"Sorry." I said as I opened the small cage that my raven friend had spent the night in.

He croaked at me again then turned his head as if to say "Well let's go then."

"Sure thing." He rested in the hood of my sweatshirt, after making sure he was secure I started walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Her uncle barely has any power but he is the professor on everything magical. Hopefully she an find something to help her.