Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

Rose fifteen

"What were you thinking?' My uncle asked as we faced each other from across the table.

"What do you mean?" I asked even though I knew what he meant.

"Maliina. You're wearing a cure on your arms, you have a spirit animal with you, and you're talking with a creature that shouldn't exist anymore. Something is going on and I would like to know what it is."

I was all ready to make some excuse about how the roses weren't real. Before I could even open my mouth I looked into his eyes and saw he would know if I was lying or not. Sighing I looked over to where the raven was resting. It opened one sleepy eye at me the closed it again. It could care less as long as it got sleep.

"It happened on my birthday. The roses they just appeared." I explained tugging on the sleeved of the shirt I was wearing. I had changed into a longer sleeved one so I wouldn't have to look at the roses.

"I see. Although how the person got past all my sister's defenses to lay the curse on you is beyond me."

"What do you mean uncle?" I was confused mom hadn't said anything about that.

"The curse that has been placed upon you Maliina is an older one. The caster has to be standing over the body of their victim to preform it correctly. If not the spell would not work."

"So you mean he cast the spell right under mom and da's noses?!" That was impossible. My parents had laid every warning and safety spell they could find on the house. No one could get in unless they were invited.

"I'm afraid so and from what I just saw in your dreams I have a good idea who it was who cursed you." He sighed and looked down at the table in front of him.

I thought about that for a second. There were few people who were as powerful as my parents. The people who were stronger didn't exist. So how could-? Wait. What did he just say?

"You know who did this?" I asked my voice barely more then a whisper.

"Yes."

"Then you have to tell me!' I shouted standing up, "I need to find them before the solstice or else I'll never -"

"No."

The simple word cut me off. When I looked at my uncle I saw he was serious.

"Why?" I whined. I was so close to having an answer for once and he wouldn't tell me.

"There are things in this world that are better off not having taken place at all. I will not let my niece get tangled up in one of them." Before I could say another word he walked off leaving sitting their stunned.

My raven wandered over and sat in my lap but I couldn't have moved. I felt like the world was falling form under me a second time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Note: You did read correctly. And the answer to one question is the raven is a manifestation of Maliina's spirit brought out by the person who cursed her. They didn't want her to be alone.