Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

Rose eighteen

"Here is your room. The lights and bathroom work fine, if you want fresh towels they're down the hall in the closet by the stairs. And don't ring unless you're dying of blood loss." Walter said as he dumped my backpack on the floor.

The room was in was nice. Not the best I could tell that. Just like I could tell the only reason the man was giving me a room at all was because his boss ordered him to. That I still hadn't figured out.

"Hey I'm talking to you girl!" He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"What?" I asked a little surprised by his strength. I shouldn't have been.

"I was asking if you understood or not." He let go and watched me carefully.

"Oh yeah thanks."

"Good!" He stomped out the door slamming it shut behind him.

"Well he could've been nicer." I muttered before picking up my backpack and walking further into the room.

It was a typical room, no runes on the walls and only a handful of protections spells in case the occupant was a witch or caster. Flopping down on the bed my raven took flight landing on a perch not too far away. I would have fallen asleep right then and there if it hadn't been for the knock on my door. Sitting up I glared at the person who was standing behind it even though I couldn't see them.

"Yes?"

"Room service." Came the dutiful response.

I hadn't ordered anything. Getting up my entire body on edge I walked to the door grabbing the bat that I had swiped from the uncles house. It wasn't that useful but it would slow whoever was out there long enough for me to run. Cautiously I opened the door ready to hit when I stopped.

"Excuse me madam." The dwarf said as he pushed a cart into the room.

Okay I had not been expecting that.

"Where would you like me to put this?" He asked stopping to look at me.

"Oh sorry over there. I didn't order anything though."

"Complimentary of the boss. It's not every day when we have a normie come in." Was his response to that.

I wasn't used to being called a "normie" but then again I'd rarely been around other mythical creatures. He set out a tray with a salad, some soup, and a hamburger with coke on the side. There were even some meat scraps for my raven. I gave him a tip even though he insisted that he wasn't supposed to get one then dived right in. It was heaven. After finishing I locked the door set my own wards (My mom had taught me the basic ones) then settled down for some sleep. Unfortunately my "Friend" and I say that word loosely, had other ideas.

"You know I don't appreciate being messed with like this." I said as soon as I opened my eyes.

"I apologize it is the only way I can contact you."

"If you want to apologize then remove this curse I know you can do it." I was getting angry just thinking about what I'd learned.

"I can but I won't."

"Gods. They think they can do anything." I muttered crossing my arms, I seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

"So you have been doing your homework. I am glad." The voice seemed pleased and dropped the facade. I known knew it was a guy speaking. Although in truth I already knew that.

"Don't be I just hate you more then I did before now. So should I call you by your god name or did you have something else in mind?" I asked annoyed that he sounded so happy.

"No call me what you wish. Although when we meet in person I hope you will call me by my name." He laughed which pissed me off.

Even so I didn't deny it. I would have to meet him if I wanted the curse removed. And I only had a few more days. I was about to start trying to get answers form him when I was jerked awake by a battle cry from my raven. Reaching for the bat I had placed at my side I threw the covers over the people who were about to jump me and sat back on my heels and surveyed the room in front of me. There were six orcs just outside my wards and three goblins. Standing at the center of their mass was the necromancer. He smiled coldly at me as I tightened my grip on the bat.

"Good evening I hope we didn't disturb you." There was nothing pleasant about the way he smiled.

That's and understatement.