Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

Rose twenty - three

It took longer then I expected to reach the town but once I got there I new I had the right place. Despite the name the entire place seemed to have a shadow hanging over it. Clouds covered the sky a promise of rain to come. The cemetery was easy to locate since it was so close to the gate that one step would put you inside it.

"No doubt this is his kind of place." I muttered as I saw what looked like people emerging from the houses and stores.

My raven cawed in agreement as the people moved closer to us. On the way I'd placed a knife that I had um "borrowed" where I could easily grab it. My hand went to that spot now as the people came closer and closer.

"Welcome to our town stranger. What brings you here?" A man who I was going to assume was the mayor or something asked his voice sounding defeated.

"I got lost." By lies it wasn't the best.

"I see. There is lodging enough for you here but I suggest you leave by dawn. There is a curse upon this town and should you stay any longer then it will take hold of you as well."

I didn't like how he'd said that last part and neither did my Raven. However the mayor turned away and so did the rest of the people. It seemed they meant me no harm. With a shrug I followed the man to the nearby motel. It was nothing grand but it was decent enough. The owner showed me to my room then left without another word.

"You'd think they'd be friendlier." I murmured setting my things down.

The town so far was everything I expected from the person I was seeking. So it didn't quite surprise me when a number of armed guards stormed my room and took me hostage later that night. I managed to take out two of them before they bound my wrists and dragged me into the street. There was not a soul in sight except for the man who seemed to be the leader behind the raid and his minions.

"SO nice to see your awake. i hope we didn't disturb you." He had all the kindness of a viper before it struck.

"Oh no I was just hoping someone would come and storm my room. You did me a favor." My sarcasm was not lost on him.

"Feisty. I like that. I assume you're wondering what I'm doing here?"

"Nope sorry. I was actually hoping if we were going to go on a date sometime." I smiled the same amount of poison in mine as he wore.

"Unfortunately you'll be out of my way in awhile. You see I represent a group of necromancers who are well to put it kindly, want to take over the earth. To do that we need power."

"And I tie into this how?" I asked all playing aside.

"Well you see my darling, you are the key to getting us that power. the one who were serve chose you to release him. With his power we should be able to take over the earth with little problems. The daughter of the most powerful Necromancer of time and the strongest witch to walk this earth, such a prize you are. Your lack of power is of no concern when we spill your blood at midnight our master will rise and name us kings of the earth." He laughed like villains in the movies do sometimes. It was annoying.

"Are you done yet?" I asked throwing him off some.

"Because if you are I would like to get this over with quickly." I was tired the roses were showing and I wanted nothing more then for this game to end.

"We shall see if you have the same pluck as we cut that pretty throat of yours. Gag her! She will be screaming soon enough." He left with a wave over his shoulder. It was an arrogant move and one I would have respected if I weren't bound.

His minions did his orders moving like trained animals. I had thought my raven would have gotten away but before they blind folded me I saw them shove him into a bag. Great I had no help and nothing to do until Butt ugly and his gang returned to sacrifice me. Every girls dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I will post the next few chapters tomorrow! I promise!