Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

Rose twenty - four

The room they put me in was one of those rooms that had no windows except for one that was way to high for me to climb up to. My feet were chained to the walls so that I couldn't move even if I wanted too. From the way the light changed form time to time I was able to guess how long I'd been in there. No more then a day I'd guessed.

"This place blows." i muttered as one of the minions delivered my meal.

"Lucky for you the master and his friends will be sacrificing you soon." He replied having heard my comment.

"Wonderful just what I was planning on doing."

My raven was trapped in a cage just outside the room I was in. I saw him from time to time when they opened the door. He didn't seem to be any happier then I was with the arrangement. I thought about all the people I'd left behind as I waited for them to come get me. My mom, da, Jas, Even my best friends. I couldn't help but wonder if the spell that was on my family would fade eventually. I was still thinking that, eating the plain boring soup they'd given me as I did, when the man from before came. I was only able to tell it was him since he wasn't wearing the hood like the other three gentlemen that followed him. Talk about cliche.

"Are you prepared to give your life to our master?" He asked his eyes glittering with excitement.

"No not really. On the other hand I would like to be let go if anything." I muttered crossing my arms to keep from throwing the bowl at their heads.

"Sorry that is not an option. Bring her along." The man ordered.

Two of the robed men came out and unchained me. They of course locked my hand together before they did so I had no opening to attack them. When they led me outside i saw that all the towns people were watching me their eyes cold and lifeless.

"Doesn't that freak you out?" I asked as the moved me down the street.

The men didn't answer. Instead they continued to drag me seeming not to notice the people who followed behind us. When we reached the cemetery they gathered at the edge. My eyes however were locked on the circle of candles and robed figures standing in the distance. Really? This was beyond cliche.

"Can't you guys come up with anything better then stealing ideas from some b - rated movie?" I asked as the dragged me to the middle of the circle.

"Silence sacrifice!" One of them ordered in what was supposed to be a commanding voice.

I just rolled my eyes. While the whole "ceremony" got under way I drifted off thinking about one thing then another. It wasn't until that man was standing in front of me a wicked looking knife in his hand that I started to pay attention.

"And now my lord we give this sacrifice to free you from the realm that you have been locked in for the past hundred years!" The other robed men started chanting.

I waited until he raised the blade to strike me to throw my legs out and knock him off his feet. He went down with a startled yell as I stood up and grabbed the keys that were hanging off his belt. Really you'd think he would have been smarter about this kind of thing. Unlocking my hands I threw a glare at the other robed figures then walked over to the tomb that I had seen.

Raising my hand I traced the words then laid my hand flat on the words. They glowed faintly then a huge explosion erupted blasting the door off the tomb and knocking three figures flat. I stood aside my arms crossed.

"You couldn't have done that less showy?" I asked the figure who now stood in the door frame.

"I live to be showy my dear." He said his voice sounding the same as it had in my dream, I just rolled my eyes.

"My lord."

Yes the ruler of the afterlife was standing here on earth. Darken.
♠ ♠ ♠
He is here! RUN!